LCD Otherwordly Evil Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LoneWanderer23, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Augur』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    More like mixing two pots of rice while cooking them at the same time.

2. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Isnt it obvious? hes gonna sleep with Guan, while Xiao goes away lol.
    If that doesnt happen id be shocked, since this is the cliche way.

3. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the most pitiful? GuanGuan? XiaoYi?
    Wrong; it's MoXie! I bet he can't remember anything...

4. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this as good as TTNH? one of the review states that alot of characters introduced later on is forgotten, is this true?

5. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it Cruelfix's review?
    It's not that a lot of characters introduced later on is forgotten, but it's that the reviewer that forgot the characters since they're, well, quite a lot.

6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, theres a few reviews that say the same thing. alot of characters are forgotten later and it becomes generic later on

7. TheHoblit

TheHoblit Peak Dual-Cultivator

Reading List:
    Link
    man usually Qidian is big on bulk drops and spamming chapters but this never gets any love

Kagutsuchi likes this.
  8. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is to slow
    Im waiting for at least 70% TL done then ill read
    Id guess thats the reason that it doesnt have a huge fan Base (Too slow)

Werewolf and Kagutsuchi like this.
  9. LazyLuong

LazyLuong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, the writing has slow down and started to repeat itself, so it is no surprise there. No matter how good the story was written in the beginning, it eventually fall into the same redundant writing pattern.

I can't blame them, chinese writer are expected to release a chaptet daily and author will eventually get writer block. Saying that, I have to respect the author of RTW. I don't know about TAS, since wolfie is doing a wonderful job on translating it, removing redundancy and adding things in to become more clear.

Mercy likes this.
  10. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    And now with Qidan premium thing it will lose even more readers...Cause i just removed it from my Library :(

11. suncust

suncust I love all fluffy things! ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Ughhh.... Just started reading and am currently ard chapter 300ish. Needed somewhere to vent my annoyance ...

The mc is supposed to be a master assassin skilled in the art of stealth and infiltration but so far he has committed at least 3 amatuerish mistakes when trying to stealth, first being when he was under the boat outside the brothel eavesdropping on the 2nd princes people and he made a sound and got found out allegedly from surprise. Second was when he stirred shit up with the fake demon core thingy (not sure whats it translated to cos im reading raws) and got hit by collateral damage thus was exposed and lastly the latest of which he was once again exposed due to being too close and hit by collateral dmg during the fight btw the eagle supreme and the cold blooded supreme.

Whilst i understand from a plot perspective that the author is trying to achieve something but after claiming to be the best assassin in the world with unparalleled skill.... Committing such mistakes seems like such a rookie move... Isnt the worlds best assassin supposed to be better at controlling his emotions or even judging how close he can be without being affected by collateral dmg...

End rant... Just need to get this off my chest before i could cont reading..

12. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    holy shit thats a pretty big reveal, the emperor is a lot worse of a person than i though

13. TheHoblit

Reading List:
    Link
    This big argument is where the princess needs to announce her desire to marry jun mi xie

14. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    The more I read about Jun Mo Xie the more I can say he is one of the best protagonist, That has only a single flaw, which would be his restrained from killing the emperor because of his grandfather.

Shadowsan and TheHoblit like this.
  15. 1021999

1021999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mei is the best protagonist. This story should switch views to that scholar's reincarnation after moxie kills him.

16. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading because I heard OEM was pretty good. I’ve been reading Realms in the Firmament and lately the filler has been impossible. I know the author wrote at the end that he only authored that novel to keep his status at Qidian. So I hope this one is somewhat better. I kind of like the assassin background even though he doesn’t seem as evil as the title implies. I’ve only read about 20 chapters so we’ll see. I’m interested to see if his romantic interest will be this dugu girl. Or maybe that princess that was mentioned.

17. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    A
    All FLTX novels till date are harem

18. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah I forgot that possibility. RITF and TTNH (right abbreviation?) are harem. TTNH is ruined for me because the harem is so late. It will take eons for the translations to catch up to it so I put it aside for now.

19. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah one question. At the beginning, the MC is like cultivating Xuan Qi is a chore. Does he raise his cultivation rapidly or is it a slow process? I’m still not too clear on what the pagoda gave him. I think it was a cultivation method and not a skill.

20. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right because author didn't want a "lawsuit" coming his way for "underaged relationships". XiaoYi will be one of MC's 8 wives down the road. By the way, MC will get a 2nd loli waifu (His uncle's wife's younger sister, because of a dumb bet).

Author mentions that all 3 of them are pitiful. MC actually remembers everything and is fully conscious of the "entire lewd sequence" but is unable to control his body (author describes that the aphrodisiac hijacked his body).

The "lewd sequence" causes ALOT of problems for MC down the road because of the scheming emperor and the Xiao Family Faction.

Author has better memory/tracking than Mad Snail. Of course, if a char dies (or run out efficient plot advancement), then that character is forgotten.

It gets cyclical near the 60 to 75% mark of the story because too many enemies trying to kill MC and Family (like PMG).

Mei is the 1st waifu, the other waifus are not that useful after their individual story arcs.
    BTW Mei is not the "Oldest" waifu, MC gets a thousand? year-old waifu near the end.

• The pagoda gives MC an OP cultivation method which allows him to access a list of OP skills/recipes which are granted by the cultivation progression in the pagoda measure by the tiers.
    • Pagoda also allows MC to have a pocket dimension (infinite farm, hospital, inventory cheat) like PMG, TDG.
    • By the way, the Xuan Qi progression system levels is so confusing because MC totally doesn't adhere to the system. MC uses the Pagoda to cheat (raise/decrease) the Xuan Qi level measurement.
    • Since MC's progression is locked to that of the Pagoda, his Xuan Qi progression level starts out extremely slow but skyrockets exponentially after the 70% story mark.
    • Xuan Qi progression system was invented by otherwordly being (from the Deep Dark Dimension) called the "1st Young Lord of the Deep Dark Mansion" who destroyed all the existing cultivation techniques/martial arts in MC's reincarnated world.
    • The "1st Young Lord of the Deep Dark Mansion" had a battle with the previous owner of MC's pagoda on Earth (not kidding), damaged the pagoda and took away some shards from the pagoda, that's why the pagoda wasn't functioning properly.
    • "1st Young Lord of the Deep Dark Mansion" made Emperor Qin Shi Huang his apprentice (not kidding), that's why Emperor Qin Shi Huang had a penchant for burning people and books.
    • Once MC opens the upper tiers in the Pagoda, he starts to steamrolls through enemies and even throws expensive rare herbs/elixirs at them as a door gift or using his lowest tier servants to mop up the enemy faction elites.

By the way,
    • In the 1st chapter, the author already mentioned that MC is a brash, overgrown Man-child but has overpowered abilities to compensate during his 1st lifetime on Earth. It was because of MC's brash behavior (and the pagoda paralyzing him) that cause MC to die in the 1st lifetime on Earth.
    • MC is an exhibitionist, whether intentional(he enjoys displaying his "bodily assets") or unintentional (pagoda wardrobe malfunction), which messes up badly during fights.

Author also explain that MC's limited/slow progression with the Pagoda causes his stealth and inflitration to fail the "dice roll"
    • when the power levels vs the enemy target is too big or
    • if the enemy target has special detection passive skill (I kid you not).

Actually, MC's grandfather wasn't wrong in restraining from killing the emperor (initially) because MC's grandfather already had a vague idea of sorts that the emperor had something to do with the deaths of sons and grandsons. But no concrete evidence and no power (cultivation + political) to take on the emperor. The Emperor was backed by 2 major factions, 1 more powerful than the next.

The Emperor dies a terrible and ironic death later.

Well, the emperor's motivations were
    • Fear/Jealousy of his subordinates being more popular/influential than him
    • Lust for the Queen and Jealousy of the Queen's Lover
    • Pride/Ego that he wanted to remember for his legacy of nurturing the next successful heir (that's why he allowed his sons to carry out a succession war)
    • The Emperor didn't really care whether millions of citizens die or if had to cede land to other enemy countries/factions, as long as he remains as Emperor in name.
    • The Ends justified the means for the above 4 goals.

Last edited: May 5, 2018