Request Otome Games VS Dating Sims

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Wujigege, Nov 11, 2018.

1. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, the newer Harvest Moons and Rune Factories do that. There is a lot more to those games rather than the dating sim elements.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Einzwalker

Einzwalker Cook-Protagonist Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    If you planing to make dating sims then you should try Visual Novel Maker

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I will be hiring someone to make it but I will recommend that to them

4. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    wait, what? why do I get summoned here? I was on the loo.

5. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you are our resident game expert. The question I originally asked has been answered
    but I wanted your take on RPG puzzle games
    What do you think of such games?
    I believe Otome/Dating sim games are a better choice for a game based on a novel to gain popularity

6. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    try wujigegames

GonZ555 and Wujigege like this.
  7. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    RPG puzzle or dating Sims? I like puzzle as long as it make sense, but lately its been ruined by the fact of people is too lazy to do it and just watch it on yt. also does it mean RPG with puzzle mechanic or puzzle in between stories? my dating sim is rather weak since I only recently played p*rn game but not really dating, just saying. I hate game that only make you read. also do a lot of joke to make your player not bored or make the characters that player never bored.

the only VN that I know on andro is
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsir.sororityritesvisualnovel
    because I play the prequel and sequel which is a platformer

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
    Wujigege likes this.
  9. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, actually, I’ve played a lot of otome games, and except for one or two instances, there’s never been any “villainess” characters. (I’m not counting female villains who have no romantic attachements to any capture targets.) Those villianesses that do occur are a far, far cry from being true villains. Now, my theory is that either those games that do have villainess characters just don’t get westernized, or that type of character has made up wholesale for the light novel medium and doesn’t actually exist in otome games. I’m more inclined to the latter theory considering that otome games vary widely in terms of genre and setting, but light novel otome games are pretty much all pseudo medieval Europe.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  10. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    also if you wanna annoy the heck of your player do it like bootty calls. to much grinding for little money, hard to get item, limited in game memory to pursue 1 girl at a time, limited energy to grind what you need, limited grinding chance a day. all hope was only on rich player that doesn't have anything better to waste their money except on that game.

Wujigege likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha the goal is to use the game to promote the novel and then the comic/manga that will follow the game. The ultimate aim is a transmedia franchise with novel, games, comics and light novels

12. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah just try to not get so crazy with it tho bro. Like i mean some of these games try adding so much extra shit thats not even part of the dating sim experience and it just aint what people look for. They care a lot more about collecting a harem of handsome guys or pretty girls than other stuff. Go in depth with the character interactions, the choices and consequences and people will be into it. If i were the one makinga game like this i'd also read up a bit on some socio psychology, just a bit of advise. Cuz that'd really help with knowing how people react to one another and what words can bring out what reaction from them. Which is a big thing in dating sim type of games.

Wujigege likes this.
  13. LynneSuzuran

LynneSuzuran JP Translator and Author

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh I am indeed interested in making that kind of a game... If I can make a game, lol. I can only write and have no knowledge in that programming field ;__;
    After reading the posts coming after the one I quoted here, that's right, one of Rune Factory series had that concept.

14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    No one expects an author to make the game. Maybe write the game synopsis but that will be all.
    Let us discuss further via email

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a version of the game available in the Play Store actually. Apparently it's free, but it probably locks you out of most of the game if you don't pay $$$.

This one though ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hanabimedia.android_ghostboyfriend&hl=en ) is completely free AFAIK. It wasn't good enough to make me not drop it, but it should work as research material I guess?

Wujigege likes this.
  16. Princess Sun

Princess Sun 『New Generation Sun Knight』 『Princess of Light』

Reading List:
    Link
    Since we're in the topic of games I want to say this last year we have game development as a subject we made simple games of course those games are just made with RPG maker I kinda want to make a legend of sun knight RPG maker game now you know like the angels of death ( satsuriko no tenshi ) that was made into an anime. I get these random ideas that seems good like when sun goes blind if you want to walk or jump you have to press a key but the whole background becomes black and white cause he is blind and he is just using his power to see then the color will return when he becomes demon king of course that method above will also apply when he use sensing for his psychic powers and if you're in that mode you will see hidden monsters stuff like that then just basically copy the whole novel make a gameplay out of it which I can tell you you can do a lot.

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    50 Shades of Grey is a fan fiction of Twilight.
    If you are ready to change characters names and give me a simple synopsis and plan/schematic. I will be interested in turning your favorite stories into games but I have zero interest in infringing on author s' copyright

18. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    As another user mentioned, otome games are more or less a subset of dating sims.

I think otome games tend to be more PC-based than mobile-based.

Another user suggested the Shall We Date? otome game series. It certainly counts, but it will be time-consuming to actually complete the storyline without spending money. Story reading requires stamina, which you regain every 4 hours IIRC, and there is a maximum amount of stamina.

Personally, thinking of otome games on android, I can only think of Nicole though. You could try looking up RenPy games as those can be easily be ported to android during development.

Wujigege likes this.
  19. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks I have heard of RenPy before. I feel a visual novel or dating sim is better than a manga / comics as you simply end up with them on Pirate sites

20. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Visual novels can end up on pirate sites, too, so there's no benefit with respect to lack of pirating.

If you're thinking about publishing on another platform, IIRC itch.io allows for a pay-what-you-want policy. Or maybe it was another platform... It may be difficult to become greenlit on Steam if that's what you're aiming for.