Request Otome Games VS Dating Sims

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Wujigege, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I am referring to making them exclusively Android games to combat piracy

2. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is really good. It felt like you are really messaging the characters. There is a m*d online that lets you play completely free too.

This one have really good visuals and story line but trying to play it free is super troublesome. You tend to lose interest on continue on after a week because you can only advance 1 chapter a day. Also I find it kinda sad that you need to wear good outfits in order to capture or up the hearts of your targets cause that make it feel like your targets are very judgmental on appearance.

PS: It seems like galge games for android is rare on play.

3. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan is pretty sure this has been done before, but Ai-chan has never seen this. It's probaby the game sucks, the developer sucks at marketing or there really was none. If there was none, Ai-chan doesn't understand why.

Being someone who's making 3 visual novels, though only one of it is a dating sim, Ai-chan can say for sure that it's not harder. It's just double the work compared to making a strictly galge or otomege. The only thing that makes it more troublesome is you have to make double the flags, double the dailogues and maybe double the endings, but it's really not more complicated.

4. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, but watch the direction where you going. people will always complain "the game is always better than the story" since the game always have something to motivate them and move the way they want( tho not really since it was programmed by the Dev) and the novel or story you promote might get overwhelming low expectations. so be ready about it.

also if you still looking for story based RPG card game for android as references, there's a game called the 8th Continent on android. its trilogy so I won't post the link.( too lazy yknow) tho its not romance story,more of family searching like the anime hachi the bee.

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Princess Sun

Princess Sun 『New Generation Sun Knight』 『Princess of Light』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mystic messenger is really good I played one route on summer but it's embarrassing to admit but I lost sleep hahaha I go to bed at 12:01 just to play one chat and I even got an alarm to wake me up at 3 am and 6 am just to play the other chat hahaha I would have played the other routes but unfortunately summer was ending then so...

And I also played a shall we date game and the dress up part I think is just for players to compare their outfits (I really think they just compare how rich they are) but it doesn't affect the story that much.

And what I said about the RPG maker it's not like I have the skill to make that a reality and if I do have the skill of course I'll contact the author through princerevolution and it's not like you have to pay money to play it.

Wujigege likes this.
  6. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    *watch*

7. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it, the timing in Mystic messenger is a bit too focus on real world time instead of based on game world since it was certainly tough to stay awake for timed call/chat. Plus I was playing on mobile for convenience so I couldn't really get away with messing the time so much.

Also yeah, the dress up part doesn't affect the story in shall we date game but it make me feels like playing sorority instead of otome games which is why I lost interest.

If there are any good galge game, I'll like to give it a try. I wanted to play galge because of The World God Only Knows but there are only otome in play... so I ended up playing that instead.

8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I am considering an RPG style card game as an alternative to publishing a comic which is very easy to pirate.
    I initially thought that you meant this by card game: https://www.shinobi7.com/my-hero-academia-the-card-game.html
    [​IMG]

9. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, but if its me. might as week just use the comic since its the internet. no matter how much you try to combat them, no body is enforcing anything here. even with company such as google, yahoo, bing, etc that fighting for the supremacy of controlling the net, they got no hard power to force their user to not use piracy.

just saying be ready with it . good luck on your enterprise tho.

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You can never guarantee that there will be 100% no piracy but reducing it as much as possible without pissing readers off is a better option I believe
    This was a good read:

“People who are passionate about something, as I know many eroge fans to be, should be purchasing the games they want to see more of so we can make more and better games in the future. When I see extremely knowledgeable fans who follow artists, voice actresses and scenario writers of visual novels posting on pirate sites, it really gives us pause.”
    Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/1...on-english-visual-novels/#7ZSSmZ4k4ldKWMSE.99

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  11. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Venn diagrams are the circles illustrations that show the relationships between objects and ideas.

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought you were referring to a character from a game lol