[Otome-Reincarnation] Realistically Speaking

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by TouchOfSeaSalt, Jun 25, 2016.

?

Should I bear fruit to this story or no?

1. Yay

84.0%
  2. Nay

16.0%
  1. TouchOfSeaSalt

TouchOfSeaSalt New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This will be a sample of a story I might start! If it's good, then I'll most likely continue it. :) Comment, Rate, & Criticize for me to fix any problems~. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [I do not own the picture. Own by Keelita, but I used it as the MC cover.]

Synopsis
    : Gaining memories of her previous life, only to realize that she was born as a villainess, Rosemarie tries to get by with life with as little troubles as possible.

Genre: Reincarnated, Romance?, Humor, Fantasy, Adventure/School Life, Parody

Prologue

"Realistically speaking, light novels aren't real," I muttered, staring at the heavens.

It would have been normal if a friend or a random stranger agreed with this statement, which would then lead us to a full blown conversation. With what we've learned in school about physics and how reincarnation was the most we could get after death, it was only natural that you'd meet a God or divine being in the light, right? Or was I the only one to wake up in a little girl's body...?

"Young Miss?" A knock resounded. "Do you need any assistance?"

"N-No! I'm not done yet!" Making some noises and groans, I pretended that I was busy. Currently, I stood in a was supposed to be a restroom; however, all I saw was a hole in the middle of this tight space. Man, the funky smell wasn't helping it either. I cringed, leaning on the door. "I'm just," --looking around frantically, I noticed that they had no toilet papers, but a stack of folded fabric. What was this--the medieval age!? Where was the window when you needed one!? Uh-- "I'm just taking a really, really, really long dump."

...I hate my life. I facepalmed and sighed.

Maybe asking her to go to the toilet was a bad thing. My personal maid, Elena, told me that my name was Rosemarie Carter and that I fell sick for a week, got marked as an amnesiac, and encountered this body's parents only once. Well, to say that I wasn't avoiding the parents would be a lie. They were nice...and very doting. I peered at the light source on the wall. A large crystal, wrapped with iron, shined brightly instead of a light bulb. It was rather weird, but at the same time, fascinating that this was like a fantasy world, filled with magic.

My fingers lightly brushed the crystal, which made it kindled for a second,

before it turned off....

The door creaked to reveal a slender, young lady with brown eyes and a tapering face. Her brows furrowed underneath her curled bangs, and she wore a white apron over a navy blue dress. The mary janes Miss Elena wore squeaked with each movement. "Young Miss, you shouldn't touch things you don't know." Elena chided as she guided me out.

Grazing my eyes upon the painted portraits and expensive looking china, I looked around the hallway to see no one in sight. A crimson carpet stretched in the middle of the floor with golden acanthus leaves sculpted on the edge. It reminded me of the Buckingham Palace in England with all these-- "rich people," I whistled and murmured. If I was this rich before I...

I--I died....

Squeezing Elena's hand tightly, I stared at the small feet, taking one slow step after another. It was there in the back of my head, but I knew that I died. From what? I wasn't sure. Maybe, it was an accident...? "Are you hungry, young miss?" I snapped my head up, wide-eyed. Oh. Yeah. She was here. Forcing a smile, I pushed the negative thoughts away, nodded, and spoke. "Yes, that'd be nice. Can I eat it in my room?"

"I'm," --Elena seemed troubled-- "I'm afraid not, Young Miss. The Master and Mistress wants you at the supper table with your fiance--"

"--Oh, you mean that kid." I deadpanned with fish eyes.

Now I remembered. I knew about this body's life because I was her before I recalled my past life, fainting from my encounter with my.... I sighed. With my fiance, the first prince of the Usharid Kin gdom, aka the future ruler of my homeland. Or was the term, a love captured target, a better description for this? Elena frowned in disapproval as she shook her head. "Young miss, don't say such a thing about your fiance like that. Prince Hadrian is going to become King of this kingdom, and you're granted with such great honor to be the Queen of the throne! Isn't that amazing!?"

"No." ....Was what I would say. But from the way Elena gazed off into the abyss, I didn't have the heart to say it.

If I recalled correctly, then this setting belonged to an Otome game called, Steal My Heart. It was something that my brother picked up for me from Gamestop as a gift, where there was four captured target: Prince Hadrian, Albert Guinemar, Reeve Charle, and Serf Adri. Prince Hadrian, who was the Archduke guy Rosemarie--I meant me was engaged to, was a sweet little fellow with high intelligence and dignity. Trained from a young age to be an heir, he was thrown at her--thrown at me because of my status being underneath the Royal family. That was all I remembered.

The second target, Albert Guinemar, was marked as a genius commoner in magic at the tender age of nine. With long, green hair tied by a ribbon, Albert has almond, gray eyes and a well-organized face. Huh, I couldn't remember the love rival on this route, but Albert was strict with the heroine before he warmed up to her. Stunned by peers his age and manipulated by noblemen, the kid grew tired of their bullshit and did something I forgot. Rubbing my chin, we reached to my room with Elena seating me at a vanity.

"What kind of hairstyle would you like today, Young Miss?" The maid reached for a brush.

Staring at the pair of blue eyes boring holes at the little girl with straight pink hair, my gaze lingered on her rosy cheeks and delicate figure before I sighed. For some reason, I felt mentally tired. Probably because I was now a sarcastic teenager, but now a little girl, who acted like a kid I'd disown in a heartbeat. Before yesterday, Rosemarie was such a little brat. "Anything will do," I brushed her off, closing my eyes to recall the game. At least the Prince was nice, so I shouldn't worry so much. I could make the farewell brief and go on with my life.

...Yeah, that was all for Albert.

Reeve Charle was a Marquess's son, so his status was quite attractive alongside his black hair and eyes. Mysterious and the cool type, from what I assumed. Absentmindedly watching Elena help me with a pink dress, I slipped on a matching pair of shoes before I glimpsed at my pastel hair. Hmm, I'd probably remember more if I ever saw him, I guess.

And finally, there was Serf Adri, a bit--mentally challenged poor thing. Born as the heir of an Earl household, his gold-digging mother hounded on the kid, using her terrible personality, to aim high for the sky. He discriminated the commoners and beastkin, and was extremely selfish to the point where my past self would disown him, too--if she was an adult, not a teen. Serf definitely gave the heroine a run for her money to get the kid to become nicer. Just thinking about him gave me ulcers. Holding my stomach, I scrunched my nose. It was unfortunate that Earl Adri became good friends with my father, so I'd see Serf often. He was one of the reasons why old Rosemarie was a douche.

"...I don't feel too well to eat." I muttered.

"Oh, you look lovely, Young Miss!" Elena grinned, finishing the final touches. "I'm sure you're just nervous from seeing your fiance."

....Aha.

"Yeah," I lamented with a shrug; then breathed, "or maybe I need a shot of Grey Goose."

Elena hummed. "Did you say something?"

"Not at all!" I smiled brightly.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    ErryChu and Lagu like this.
  2. AardwarkThe2nd

AardwarkThe2nd (R-18 writer) Aardwark, the king of aardvarks!

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this! Sarcasm is common in modern culture and literature, but most JP and CN novels lack it. Keep on writing, I wanna see our reincarnated MC's (mis)adventures in this world!

3. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I duhno.. the MC feels a bit like a dense airhead.. ? Duhno for sure yet though..
    But if she is reincarnated with all that settings lined up for her but she dont have a goal or a purpose in this new otoge world . plan to just live quietly in it while having boys added to her harem slowly doing romcom.... then it would be somewhat boring. For me atleast.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  4. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    A tiny bit hard to understand for me in some parts but it looks promising. ^_^

5. LilySora

LilySora New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting and I like this kind of story. If you're going to post it somewhere, please tell me. :D

6. ErryChu

ErryChu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seem pretty interesting. Yeah I agree with LilySora, if your going to post it somewhere please do tell me! I would love to read it. I like the mc, but I wouldn't said I love it for now. She got Pink hair and blue eyes? Love it. Reminded me of another manga. But it will get boring if the story is only about her living in a quiet life. But I'm sure you as the author, won't do that. Instead added more misfortune to MC ahaha. Please keep continuing! :)

7. infinit3aura

infinit3aura [Infinit3 Clan] [delirious army] [meowstic]

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems interesting bc the mc seems to not care about anything and wants to make the best of the situation.
    P.s. gamestop

8. wildthorn

wildthorn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep I want to read. I like otome game stories. But please write long chapters.

9. ContesaRubia

ContesaRubia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She can decide to learn magic just because it's interesting. Since she is sarcastic why not make her into what everyone's love/hate but can't stay away from type. You know that one person who tells it like it is even when we don't want to hear it, and is mostly right and will rub it in but nicely if they are your friend but if their your enemy, make you wish they never found out.

10. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks promising will wait and see for more chapters~

11. Akemin

Akemin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like stories where heroines reincarnate into an Otome game. Looking forward for more chapters~