Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Miku, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Effugium likes this.
  2. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    you can skip the recovery email and the mobile part...
    while it makes your account less secured, it can be left like that

also, there is also no need to create new Microsoft account to login on windows 10. you can just make an offline account, and not link it to any email address

there are lots of ways to skip things, but i assumed you just skipped reading and went with the things which is on the first line of instruction. which brought you now this much of trouble.

Edit: if you want offline account.
    -run windows and search for "add, edit or remove other people"
    -make sure its on family & others tab
    -create new account, do that "no sign in information"
    -then click , "add user without ms account"

if you want that as the default account, make it admin then login to that account, after that, remove your account that was link to win 10. well its all up to you,

also be informed,to let someone borrow your laptop/pc they had to know your "account password" unless you made this offline account.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    heehehehe
    hehehe

good luck rant to microsoft customer service
    hehehe

don't be like me who on furious change to win 7
    go to hell win 10!
    still since I use it for offline matter there no problem
    until they decide to un support win7 like they did to xp but I think there still plenty of time

4. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you need a Microsoft account connected to Microsoft live to activate your windows, if not people like me can easily steal your unregistered windows activation key and register it our self.

which means free windows activation codes.

5. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    nah those are the common retail activation key, which is btw "not easily stolen" unless owner accidentally leak his key or lucked out on the pirated key generator (which actually are mostly "trial" or "oem" keys)
    the one that are binded to your email is digital license

both activation method bounds your license to the motherboard, unless they key has "5 different device allowed" promotionals, other can use it. otherwise, you still cant "steal it"

6. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, there is no OS bind to the mother board, in the first place hard disk makers are mostly sea-gates, western digital, the OEM are not bonded at all, you can put an hard disk with OEM version of windows on an Acer other brand of computer and it will work the same way as it's used. Your OEM/common retail version of bios will have a copy of your windows 10 activation code, but it's not bounded to motherboard.

Microsoft likes to links it's accounts, without linking, windows 10 is activated though activation codes, you can links you activation codes to your Microsoft accounts, microsoft will take it as you own a copy of windows.
    When you change mother board, all you need is connect to the internet, windows will update by itself and activate by it self.

most people don't links their activation code and not give a shit about it. that's a good part. you can easily get in to your friends computer and retreave the codes and links the product to your account instead. so you can go back home and activate though your Microsoft account, no activation codes needed.

you will have this message
    "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

upload_2019-9-5_18-43-10.png
    upload_2019-9-5_18-45-42.png

That's why please activate your windows, if not people like me will extract your product key.
    you never know what malware you download will take your windows from you.

7. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    point taken
    it can be stolen, by physically ( or remotely if that matters) use the computer of your friend, and jack ass steal it by binding it to your email. but that doesnt mean "anyone can just steal it" (with the exception of you stupidly alowing stranger does thing on to your pc, or allow it be remote controlled)

but wrong on the bounded part,
    ofcourse os is not bounded on your mobo, it's the license, and no, it did not meant it is stored in your mobo.
    if for example, a random stranger guessed your key, he wont be able to use your key at all (in this example, the key only allows one device activation)
    now if you by a reason need to reformat your computer, you are allowed to re use the key on the exact computer with the same mobo, and maybe should be on same hard drives too

but trying it out on other pc, maybe allows you at first but after it verify check your os license later on, youll be hit by the lock.

but in the end its not nessecarily stolen by just "anyone".

but we digress,
    it is recommended to do those shit for security purpose, correct. i hold no contempt to that. I highly agree with you on doing that

edit: sorry wasnt clear on bounded,
    im not sure what method they do on the verification, but once the windows os stored your hardware info, by hardware id, model, mac adress... etc whatever method they do, once the verification process hits(ofcourse happened only when pc is online, maybe during os updates), if the key was not activated on the matching certain mac adress, harware id, etc
    . whatever it is... you will be hit by the lock

8. wtfkjp

wtfkjp ASDFGGWP

Reading List:
    Link
    then its better leave it with offline account and passwordless, so once you turned on that vm, it would just boot up straight to desktop

9. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    just note that of cause i didn't get my enterprise version though friends, and I didn't guess the key or key generators. it's entirely possible to get window 10 remotely to another persons computer.

If you need a legal version of window 10 best way is to ask hard disk factory to pre-install an OEM version of windows before they ship it to you. but OEM version of hard disk is like tray version of CPU, it don't come with box and warranty.
    so there is gains and loss.

as to outlook/live, it's basically a Microsoft account. you can register one with your own mail servers. I registered my with Yahoo, some people registered with Yandex.
    basically you can even use Gmail to register a live account (if anyone ever use Gmails lol). or you can get a DNS and set up a mail server, or purchase a shells account that comes with mail server(ads).

edit: I thought almost every one have a hotmail email account or an yahoo mail account outside of china literally.
    Edit2: maybe most peoples hotmail account got deleted due to inactivity? i don't know i thought back than hotmail and yahoo is a thing?