LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    'low hp'
    Didn't grid already try fighting against a yangban when he went on a prison break the last time he was on the east continent, his strongest skill was tanked easily
    This time around he also has a whole bunch of NPC luggage to babysit too

2. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid tried fighting this yangban, and if I'm remembering correctly, his strongest fusion dance took out about a quarter of Garam's health, then God's Command proc'd and Grid used the same dance to knock Garam down to half health.
    Garam might have gotten slightly stronger since then, since he finished the test again, but Grid has gotten a lot stronger in terms of skills, stats and weapons, so this fight should be pretty close.

3. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A quarter? Wasn't it 1/10th? Brbs, gotta find and reread to double check the numbers

4. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if it was 1/10th with the way attack & defense works in this game grids recent boost to Pagmas swordsmanship and his own growth since then is absolutely massive.

5. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch643 Garam might be a transcendent named NPC, but he was still a humanoid. Compared to Belial, Garam’s health was very low. Grid’s Linked Kill Wave Pinnacle caused him to lose one-seventh of his health. It was clear how powerful Linked Kill Wave Pinnacle when thinking about the fact that Garam’s level overwhelmed Grid’s

That's with garam getting taken by surprise and tanking the first few shots without dodging, nope i don't think grid should be able to beat up garam this time

Edit: also, heh, grid would be relying on god's command to trigger like crazy if he wants to go toe to toe with the dps of this pipe bastard, so yeah rip grid luck?

Edit edit: ch644 outright says that grid would be rekt if garam wasn't playing around with his food, yeah piaro better be strong enough or shit will hit the fan

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  6. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    grid completely different from last time even if the guy 3 times stronger than before grid like 10 times stronger also he’ll definitely take big hits from grid new moves and his dances being 50% faster. Drop will hurt like hell too and your also forgetting he just used quite a few of his abilitys on a hard fight

7. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    He got rekt bcuz pagma's swordsmanship
    Has a lot of wasted dance moves while he now has less dance moves

8. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Get max fighting spirit then Fuse his two myth swords then use 4 sword link skill at double speed then follow up with none Pagma skills before using drop and he’s probably almost dead

9. xd123

xd123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its worth to read first the webtoon and after continue with the novel? Its because almost all the reviews always says that the goos part starts about +100 chaps. So if I can skip that fast better

10. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Webtoon is shit so no

xd123 likes this.
  11. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Blasphemy! If you want to ruin the name of god grid then read the f*cking webtoon.

Shield Loyalist and xd123 like this.
  12. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a new theory, tangentially related to the current chapter; Grand-master Zikfrector will be the first person from the west continent to pass the chiyou test.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  13. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No part of the story is crap. It's just the early character of the MC that some people don't like. One of the funniest moments in the story is in the early chapters imo.

xd123 likes this.
  14. igloo15

igloo15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh people in the reviews say that MC attitude/personality got better as story went along but I have read the whole thing and MC's personality is still shit. I can't believe how greedy he is even with all the stuff he has now. I am fine with him being greedy against the Game's maker because they are a corporation so who cares. When it comes to NPCs and other players even his close friends he is still super greedy making him come off as an a**hole.

What saves this story is the world and other characters. I find the numerous interweaving plot lines, the world with these super smart AIs(NPCs) that go beyond the game maker's expectations the interesting part that keeps me engaged.

15. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? These days his friends are the ones insisting that they pay him and such so as to not take advantage of him.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  16. igloo15

igloo15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's only because they have gotten used to his rotten attitude and just expect that he will ask for money. For instance when he gave that bow to his fellow guild mate and was like I am only letting you borrow this you have to pay me. At any point in time he could have refused the money and said no you just take it. He has never done that. The story has tried to twist his rotten personality to make it seem ok for instance when they have the side characters rationalize him taking all the loot in raids because he does so much for us. Yeah he does so much for you and then expects you to sell your house and all your shit just to pay for the item he made for you.

He is an a**hole through and through and I have yet to see him substantially grow out of his greed. Sure he is a little more softer on the edges to make it more palatable but he is still one greed mfer.

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a weak excuse. Their behavior can't be blamed on other people. In the first place being paid for services rendered isn't 'rotten'. He's not overcharging them. They're paying a fair price if not underpaying for extremely valuable items. It seems like you're the one twisting things and expecting him to give free handouts to people who can afford them like they're his family members or something. His friends are pretty much monopolizing his services as a blacksmith among players.

No, he's not. Charging for items isn't a flaw. He's not taking advantage of his friends or random people. Only enemies.

18. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese and korean pricing for game items are really ridiculously op

19. igloo15

igloo15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not a weak excuse because you can see it evolve over the course of the chapters. First time people meet him they are taken aback by his greed. Then they stick with him and over time become used to it. Only recently have they started offering him money and not questioning his tactics of taking all the loot. These same people had very different attitude earlier in the novel. Several times he has given people items and they think he is just giving it to them for him to turn around and be like hey where is my money.

You have to also remember that these people are preparing both the materials and production methods for the items. The MC most times is just doing the production. Sure the production takes time but not much else plus he is getting experience, stats, and production methods out of the deal. Regardless he turns around and then charges full price to the people to get the item.

Sure if the person was some random person asking for a commission then ask for money that is fine but not close friends and guild mates. Take for instance the item he "found" that boosted some assassin thing. He thought it was a great item for Faker his guild mate and friend who helped him several times. Instead of just giving it to Faker he charged him a bucket load of money, more money than Faker even had. Faker thought originally he was just going to give him the item but then the MC is like well you better pay me for it. Then Faker was like oh damn I can't afford this just take it back. But the MC pushed it back to him and said just pay it to me in installments. Seriously? He had an opportunity there to say don't worry about the money just take it and be a good guy but nope still wants the money. Again this is not even an item he made it is something he found. In how many games do you see where friends find items that don't work for them and decide to just give it to a friend who could use it for free. That is pretty common for decent people but not this a**hole.

What about the time he got paid to make a sword for his friend and rival Kraugel. He got materials to make two swords and made them both. Decided to keep the better of the two despite it being clear Kraugel his friend wanted the better one. I mean seriously, he got paided for it and got the materials, yet still decided to give the crappier version to his friend and keep the better one. He should of given both to his friend and beg to get even one back.

I could go on and on but seriously there are so many instances where the MC has just the worst personality. The story even makes jokes about how greedy and arrogant he is. Sure as the novel has progressed he has softened somewhat and there are sometimes where he shows a spec of decency but not many.

Again everything else beyond the MC's personality is great and I enjoy the novel but the MC's personality is the worst.

20. viprei

viprei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, everything you said was explained countless times in the chapters