LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you really reading OG properly?
    I think your bias to grid is affecting your reading experience....
    The game is grid's source of income so don't expect free service....
    An example is you build a restaurant do you give free meals to your friends and family? A occasional free service is good along with discounts but remember you are running a business not a charity. For grid satisfy is his business.
    Remember grid is almost monopolized by his friends in term of blacksmithing. They don't have to worry about their competitors getting a grid made item. Also gifting item is kinda a burden because if you give 1 or 2 people gifts what about the others?. Favoritism isn't good in any group.
    Also please reread the chapter about kraugel's sword again you missed a lot.
    1. Grid own 1 of the sword.
    2. Kraugel did have 2 materials but want 2 different item so no dual sword for him.
    3. Growth type item is actually better than even myth rated item. The lower the rating the better for growth type items.more room to grow.
    4. Kraugel did want the myth rated sword but with a different reason. The growth type sword is too precious and want grid to have it.
    5. Grid also wanted the growth type sword but chose to gave it to kraugel because he doesn't have the time needed for it to grow. Also kraugel with his class sword saint will accelerate the growth of that sword to the point that it will be more op than the myth rated one...

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it's a weak excuse. If Grid clearly says "you can have this" and they say "No, you take it." then they obviously want Grid to have it. Being used to Grid is not a reasonable reason for them to refuse as Grid doesn't have a history of taking things back or pretending to give things away. You're bending over backwards to try and make your statements make sense. For example you're trying to tie together two different situations to talk about his greed. There's him selling items and acquiring loot. There was pretty much no point in the story where his friends wanted free items. They always offered to pay full price for them. The only contention was the rookie guy. He thought the blade should be cheaper because only he could use it while Grid made him pay full price because otherwise he'd use it himself. Other than that there's pretty much no issue with his friends paying for his items.

As for him taking all the loot that's questionable as well. There was a handful of times that he took all the loot. He wasn't doing it continuously for them to get used to it and start offering all of the loot. Not to mention that that reasoning ignores the reasoning they give in the story for their actions.
    And why does Grid do business like this? Because it's the norm. This is pretty much how ALL blacksmiths in the game do business. This model was not established by Grid so why are you complaining about it?
    This is you showing a lack of awareness in reality. The item you're talking about is the leggings he got from black and white sisters? A high grade legendary item that was likely worth MILLIONS of dollars? You're comparing random game items to items worth millions of dollars. This is when your friend can afford the item but just can't pay you immediately. So if your friend makes 1 million a month and would take half a year to afford it better to just give it to him free? Screw that.

Whether he created it or not is irrelevant. It's a multi-million dollar item.

Actually it was noted that Kraugel got the better version for himself so you're clearly wrong here. Also you're ignoring that the item belongs to the blacksmith until bought so why would he give them to Kraugel after how hard it was to make them?
    And I could probably go on and on knocking those bad examples down. You basically ignore the internal logic, reasons, and consistency in the story to try to shoehorn in your own logic for why Grid is terrible.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  3. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    @igloo15 do yourself a favor and play at least five MMORPGs for at least 6 months (game time) each. At least one should be of a crafting class, doesn't have to be blacksmith.

Come back here after you've done that.

4. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck he’s strong well he still came out a loser

5. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid got rekt, good job garam! Being the stuck up prick that he is, I'm also glad that his pride got smashed to pieces yet again. Stupid overpowered antagonists that just won't use their killer move for no reason at all >.>
    Also, rip the fools who're gonna fight against the demon king soon, i think? Does grid have enough time to use up the things he just got from the chain quests
    Also also, what happens to the other blacksmiths with the quest who hadn't arrived at the east continent yet, is the first link still up?

6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    And to think Veradin almost join the ranks of Yangban... guess assholes attract assholes.

Speaking of which, I find it quite sad that the Yangbans are being represented purely by Garam, because somehow the author will make us feel for the Yangbans by giving some shit backgrounds. I mean he managed to make Agnus look pitiful, Emperor look like he still has a heart and both the Gods and Evil Saints are not what they seem. Basically, all in the shades of grey, even Grid can be seemed as evil for disrupting and ending other guilds. The fun thing is that the author will try not to draw someone to be absolute, good or evil, even somewhat Veradin when he went and kill Khan, though not so much when he decides to save his own ass and betrayed the guild.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  7. talkingwolf98

talkingwolf98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's using that Hanul character to give an idea of what the Yangbans are actually supposed to be like; wise(-ish), kind, and unforgiving are some of what he's shown with Hanul. Shows up a bit in the teaser for the next chapter.

8. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't need help anymore so I doubt it.

9. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The rescue quest was the third link, it's possible that since the npc's responsible have died/left, the quest chain would be shortened to the first and last quests, Call of the Heavens: Arrive in Pangea within 3 days, and Unnamed: Return to the West Continent within 24 hours.
    So the players would effectively be trading an East Continent Movement Scroll for a unique ranked production method and a Pangea secret dungeon pass.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The rescue quest was the third quest but the original purpose of the entire quest chain was to help the people of Pangea. It's implied in the first quest. If the inhabitants don't need help then it seems like the quest chain is useless.

11. webreader

webreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    grid only charges them his production cost. if he was really charging them "full" price, they could go buy it elsewhere. Whoops, no one else is making those items, so what is "full" price? Grid outside of the mass produced items, only makes unique items. no one else in the game is making them, except his early Jaffa arrows

12. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    oh finally his Tiramelt's belt became legendary

13. igloo15

igloo15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will go back and read it but because honestly I didn't quite understand where the two swords came from. I assumed he was trying to make two myth items but ended up making a growth and myth item. That said your wrong about item 4 and 5.

Kraugel did not want the growth item because Growth items take "FOREVER" to be good and he wanted a good item now. Grid for the same reason didn't want to have the Growth Item. Now Grid had a better reason for why Kraugel should take the growth item. It was because Grid has many weapons and doesn't use just one sword so it would be harder for him to grow the weapon. As such Kraugel eventually relented. Doesn't change the fact that Kraugel wanted the myth sword which was better now.

At least that is how I saw the situation.

14. igloo15

igloo15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what your talking about with your "Grid says you can have this and they say no you take it". My quote is about how in the beginning they think everything should be split and Grid wants everything. Then later on these same characters are ok with the situation. Thus there is an evolution or change in the side characters from first thinking Grid is greedy to later on accepting his greediness and being fine with it. Even though the characters are fine with it doesn't change the fact that Grid is greedy.

I am pretty sure this is not how ALL blacksmiths do business. If a blacksmith is brought into a guild usually the blacksmith is provide materials and production methods and in return provides items for free or for tips to guild people. They also turn around and make money by selling items to people outside the guild using the experience and production methods developed from the guild. That is how it normally works.

Grid doesn't operate that way he charges full price to his guildmates.

I guess the question here is did Faker help or did Grid do this entire fight by himself without his Guild helping at all? Usually in MMOs when you do a raid and item comes up and someone can use it in the raid and they helped in the raid you would just give the item to them. Maybe Faker didn't help in the specific fight he got the item from but he helped in other places allowing Grid to do this fight without being interrupted. Sure this is a game where you can buy things with real money but thats true of most MMOs now a days. Still people in raids have given up rare very valuable items in the raid to other people because they could use it and it would strength the overall team. They don't get blinded by the $$ and think of the larger purpose and their friendship.

Kraugel got the Growth Version and Grid got the Myth Version. Technically the growth version is better in the long run. Unfortunately the long run is a really really really really long time as we have seen with Grid's growth items. That is why Kraugel wanted the myth version and not the growth version. So technically maybe I am wrong that Kraugel got the weaker item but technically in that moment the Growth item was weaker than the Myth version Grid kept for himself.

Also Kraugel had paid money, materials, and worked out the design with Grid so he deserved which ever version he wanted. Which was clearly the Myth version given their interactions. Regardless of this Grid kept the Myth version.

I am not saying Grid is a terrible character I just really hate how greedy he is. Most of the reviews for this novel says his personality greatly changes from the beginning to the end and I think that is false. He has the same personality in the beginning and the latest chapters. The story makes it seem like Grid gets better but really its the characters around him that are changing to accept Grid as he is instead of Grid actually changing. So it seems like Grid is better because everyone is fine with it but he is not actually better.

15. igloo15

igloo15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strangely enough I do play some MMOs and do craft. Its why I actually really like Crafting novels like this one, Moonlight Sculptor, and a few others. I am currently playing a lot of FFXIV as a blacksmith and armorer, did a long stent in WOW as enchanter and blacksmith. I used to sit in ORG and make shit for people for tips only because it gave me experience to level up my blacksmithing and enchanting. I was basically making shit for people for free just to level up. I used to make shit for my guildmates for free all the time. They would let me keep extra mats or tip me a lot. Sometimes I helped low level guildmates get new gear from my crafting. So I know how it should work and thats why I say Grid is greedy. I made a shit ton of money but I didn't make money off my friends unless they forced the money on me. Especially if they provided the materials.

16. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You clearly have to reread the novel from the start.

17. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did u best at the job (blacksmith or enchanter)or atleast 100 th best because price getting higher the higher the rating of the creator
    So if an architect that just so so
    Vs best architect will the price is still same
    And u say for exp to level up production skill dude grid has master blacksmithing yes he need exp for his L blacksmith technique but if ranker given choice should they choose +5% cheap or +20% with expensive price

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Shield Loyalist likes this.
  18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The point was that if they're actively turning down loot then you can't spin it into them being used to Grid taking all the loot. Also the problem is that both the before and after events you mention are questionable. In the beginning Grid rarely raided with other people and when he took everything was even rarer. Harui maybe twice, Toban, Damian, and Peak Sword once. In about half of those he did almost all the work. Toban is the only one who had a problem with the situation. From the five or so times that he 'took everything' one person had a problem with it. Later on he doesn't take everything unless he did the vast majority of the work.

Now perhaps I'm forgetting some stuff but that's why you should mention should specific instances here instead of vague statements.

Grid being greedy is irrelevant. We're talking about him taking all the loot. You can't substitute them saying that Grid is greedy and getting used to that with Grid taking all the loot and them being used to that.

You're pretty sure based on what? Grid's method is based on what his guild told him was the norm iirc. I'm pretty sure you just made all that up. It doesn't even make any sense. Where would the guild blacksmiths get all the production methods and materials? This is why I say you're twisting the story to try to make Grid look bad.

You admit yourself that Faker wasn't involved in the fight yet somehow he should get the best item? Actually Grid himself was a backup in this fight. She was killed primarily by Piaro so there wasn't even much chance of it being interrupted and thus Faker playing a role there.

And how many of the items that you're talking are worth more than $10,000? If they're not worth a seriously large amount of money then the comparison doesn't work. Go find an example of someone just giving away an item worth that much money or more just because someone in their raid could use it then talk.

Except you're clearly distorting facts. Kraugel wanted the myth rated sword because he didn't want to take the better sword(the growth sword). Grid was being both generous and practical by giving him the better sword. Also I'm pretty sure Kraugel only provided materials for one sword and Grid provided materials for the other. Grid might have also provided the bloodstone for both swords.

No, you just focus on how greedy Grid is for some ridiculous reason as if that's the only trait he has. Grid used to be stupid, petty, distrustful, and shortsighted. All things that he's gotten better at but you focus on greed and at like it's relevant when he's not taking advantage of his friends based on greed.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    JZ505 likes this.
  19. igloo15

igloo15 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Vincent1873
    I will say that I understand that Grid is more than just greed and he certainly has many good qualities like his love of NPCs and his want to help his friends that are in danger by defeating enemies. My only point was that despite all Grid's good points I find the common story points showing Grids greed for money as the one major thing I dislike about this novel. I am not trying to ignore the other stuff I am just trying to point out the one thing I dislike.

Obviously we have different opinions and I respect that and rather then mucking up this thread with constant back and forth I will just leave it there.

20. viprei

viprei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Grid is greedy, but that's basically the point of any MMORPG no?

Especially one as big as Sastify is, Grid is basically the strongest player at this point, and even then he has to run from a single NPC (one that isn't even in the "top" tier) because otherwise he would die.

He literally needs to do everything he can to make himself and his kingdom stronger, it was stated several times that his companions simply give all those things to him so that they could benefit from it, and he knows it, that's why he needs to become stronger and stronger to protect his kingdom and the people he holds dear.

Don't forget that the current Overgeared Kingdom was formed because of Grid and his allies greed, it was the only reason (or the major one) that they created the guild after all.

Shield Loyalist likes this.