LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lim Cheolho said there were 9 classes originating from the 9 legends of the previous era.

Pagma's Descendant
    Demon Slayer
    Sword Saint
    Braham's Descendant
    Undefeated King
    Povia's Descendant
    [Assassin/Lantier]
    [Miner]
    [Tailor]

Povia, isn't as well known as Braham or Pagma. Povia is also dead.

The only other things that would tie them all three is that they are not normal legends, and they are not humans from the West Continent.

Was it proven that they don't have to die?
    Until there is a counterexample, only the common grounds with the shown examples – Pagma, Braham and Povia would stand true.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  2. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There were 9 class that he did said (I think?) but I don't remember he state what their name are.

In a few hundred chapters back (I don't remember exactly) Jishuka gain the qualification quest to become Povia's Descendant but she refuse. The quest then later become the qualification quest for Legendary Archer class. This prove that Descendant class and the full Legendary class are separated. The 9 legend are just about legend that exist in the past and does not prevent more than one player to become a legend from the same line. Therefore if someone else follow a correct line of quests and met correct condition then it's possible for that person to become Povia's Descendant while Jishuka become another Legendary Archer. This indicated that Descendant class is just a class that inherited the origin's legacy. The class itself (like legendary magician, legendary archer, or even legendary blacksmith) is separated entirely from the Descendant group. Then what does the descendant gain from legacy? Bloodline? If so, Grid would become a Yaban(is that what you called it?) but no. He only inherited the skills and the achievement, the hidden piece. Therefore descendant is depend mainly on the origin legacy.

Another example is Yura's Demon slayer. All through the cause of the story, I don't really remember Yura having much to do with the previous generation. I only remember her ever unlock class ability and not previous generation specific ability like how Grid got Pagma's swordsmanship.

And finally you still haven't explain my point of Grid's third class. Like you said. this is a game and job class are generated from the game system. Other than Grid that change class with a physical item that let you change class, all others legendary class so far are obtain when the system detect that the condition are met. Kraugel, Jishuka, Yura, all their case can applied to this. Kraugel gain by winning against a legend. Yura gain by going against great demon. Jishuka (about to) gain by gaining achievement with the bow. They all have nothing to do with the input from the previous gen. The same can be applied to Muller's Descendant class. If the system judge that a certain someone met it's requirement then there is no reason that they would not get it. With or without muller's death. It's a game. Everything is depending on the system.

3. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The main difference seems to be them actually leaving a legacy or being able to teach someone it’s basically inheritance vs just being a new legend

4. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the Saintess isn't included in the past nine legends doesn't that mean all the great demons Alex killed just regenerated in Hell. It seems like he wasted his life, though he probably has some Goblin Slayer level background.

5. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we'll have to wait and see. It's not conclusive that the legends with descendant in the title
    are separated from the main legendary occupation. Morpheus has the discretion to throw away entire planned sagas just because of a random dragon summoning, so I find it hard to believe it can't just throw away the descendant story lines and hidden pieces.

Though to your point there is some precedent. Khan became a legendary blacksmith even though Grid exists. That proves there can be multiple legends belonging to the same occupation at a single time. The player/NPC just needs the right achievement recognized by the world to advance to legend.

Also we've got this:
    If there is flexibility in quest advancement failure then there should be flexibility in regards to the number of active legends. Furthermore, read the bold. If that is taken literally, then it could mean that Povia's Descendant still exists in spite of Jishuka spurning the quest.

Even with all this being said I don't think the nine legends are key to the main storyline as has been pointed out to me. They were just the last generation of legends.

6. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. Even if they dont permanently death without saintress, they would still get death penalty. There should be a reason why they fear him. Maybe he can seal them. Or at worst, they just scared because he can invade them on their home turf. Image a demon is doing his business in the hell equivalent of toilet, alex just pop up and attack him. Probably that will scared him, sh*tless. *Baa dum tss*

7. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually. My entire discussion was not whether or not some can achieve it but rather a simple statement that you do not need to be dead in order to have a Descendant. I mean, if you're speaking in a literal sense, the descendant is the heir or the child of the original. As such, Muller does not have to be dead to have a Descendant. In the game's sense, if you are somewhat of a "spitting image" of the original then you qualify to be Descendant. There is no reason to mention Pagma or Braham seeing as they are both dead. The discussion is having a Descendant of a live legend. Furthermore, Morpheus is a super computer that can generate quests or any other game element (as least that's how I think it works) and thus the "game parameters" you're talking about only exist in reality. You're talking about a real life game, this isn't a real life game. Do you know why they(Grid, Kraugel, Agnus, Haster, and Hurent) are called the 5 Miracle Players? Because they beat the "calculations" which means the game has to play to them. Anything can happen in this game. And someone else made a good point which is that just because every other Legend is dead or "presumed to be dead" then you can't just infer that they need to be dead.

8. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [An unknown person is writing the second epic.]

[The beginning of the narrative comes from the underground passage that was dyed with the light of the night stones.]

[He watched the last back of the Absolute in silence.]

I feel like the system just make a dick move to force Grid to take action. The part that said 'The beginning of the narrative comes....' is imply that it's the start of the situation and can also be imply that if Grid doesn't do anything here then his epic will be wasted. It is activating unspoken force quest to him that said 'get your ass out there and do something or I'll shame you to the world and make you wasted your second epic for nothing!'.

9. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how it's just like, well the emperor is gonna die, whatcha gonna do about it

10. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the Undefeated King's Descendant still a legendary tanker class?

I ask because I've been rereading old national competition arcs and bubat has Madra's armor and Madra is referred to as a tanker. So I don't know if it's been retconned away as his main skills are sword related that require sword energy only possessed by people with the great swordsman title.

11. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not confirm but it's possible. Mandra have the record of never defeat, a dps tanker is possible but then again they have pagma that era so he maybe just a dps with tanky gear like grid try to be.

0000000 and dereonlad like this.
  12. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder whether the armor would've generated the Undefeated King class change quest if Bubat hadn't died. I think that's why Oasis has the second chance. If you die before you get a Madra item no class change quest. But if you're masterless and not a loser then it's possible.

13. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep forgeting that NPCs die without corpses... turn into ash. The fight so goddamn omitted, like "Iroh a One Man Army", the author can at least make us feel the awesomeness of the Emperor before he crumbles to ashes. So now Basara is the new Empress... any idea on how Grid becomes Emperor anyone? (This question is rhetorical)

14. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He will take over the empire with his own two hands.

15. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God hands

16. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Was it proven". Well..You can actually refer to the literal definition of Descendant. You are a Descendant of your father and mother. Status of dead or alive are irrelevant. It's just the simple fact that you have descended from that. It is highly probable that all the legends from previous eras are dead however they does not justify the discussion. The discussion is in regards to whether or not you can be a descendant without dying. There is no reason to infer that the person you descend from must be dead in order for you to get the class. It is only coincidental that they are all dead. Furthermore, if you use the logic of literacy, then it doesn't mean that they have to be dead.

17. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is like the end of the war with the empire and I have to say it went very unexpectedly. The rewards where much greater than expected.

Out of the 7 dukes, 3 died, 3 befriended (one becoming the new emperor and owing Grid many great favors) while the last one befriended Kraguel and will stimulate his growth.

Grid also got a magic gourd, white dragon wine (What is this? How is it made? Will Grid learn cooking, and mix the peach with he wine?), gold dragon armor (If silver dragon turns invisible what does gold do), a Giant's great bow and the star sword made of adamantium without its divine properties

Grid met the god or war, a malignant saint reincarnated or whatever, beat a great demon, gained a third class, and gained transcendence on top of his Legendary status, making him quite special.

The transcendence thing is even more awsome because at the start of the book, Grid became the first legend and had to figure all that out by himself while pioneering that path. Now Grid also became the first to become transcendent, so even if normal players in the future gain transcendence, Grid would still be ahead which is awsome.

Pagma seemed like a transcendent legend either way, since we saw his fight with the pope, so probably some secret almost impossible to get hidden pieces there. Wonder is Braham became transcendent since he was a different species, i wonder if its any different from human transendence

18. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that's the point. The demons threaten humanity and Muller, Alex, and Pagma killed them and sent them back to hell. Or perhaps Alex killed them in hell and weakened them. Thus saving humanity for the time being.

19. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuras attack hurt the demons soul as well so he probably seriously damaged them, maybe killed few and a new demon assended the throne

20. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's more along the lines of weakening their soul than new demon take the place.