LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He probably killed demons, because his attacks aim to burn and destroy demon souls.
    Muller is described as having sealed great demons by destroying their body, not killing them. The demon Hunter probably did hint a few.

This would make sense because it is only atm that great demons are considered impossible to attack and they would destroy continents. In the future when this is a game dominated by the players and the continent is full of player cities and counties, great demons would be raided by guilds and grid would probably be solo hunting / farming them.

This is because when they die, it is described as "a position being vancant" (chapter 577). Which meaning new demons will be spawned when these die. The same has been said about gods and them becoming fallen.

2. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True but that is because saintress is here in this era while there were no record back then so we can assume for now that past gen kill demon but their soul is intact and can be respawn. Ruby power is interrupting that spawn. there were no other record until recently that demon invade. This can imply (not 100%) that they either have long respawn time or they take great dmg to their soul so they cant cant invade. About the vacant seat, it is possible that other demon can take position but i want to think it will be a game feature that later let demon race player to take them.

3. Z__SKULL

Z__SKULL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can if you are the author...:blobwink:

4. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how for this book, sometimes it's more fun to jusy think about it backwards.

For example, Grids need black mithirl, "ahhh what should I do, go steal some I guess" authors just like, "let's just add a hint if blood, few bodies here and there, a sprinkle of surprising backstory and a dash of soap opera drama"

"It can't just be a heist?"

"Nah, it would be more fun to destroy the imperial family while your at it. Just for lolz"

0000000 likes this.
  5. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More like:
    Grid: I need Black Mithrill.
    Author: Here's an Empress waifu, OP NPCs, New Epic, clues to 7-saints, Some Deities stats etc...
    Grid: ... What about my Black Mithrill?
    Author: Oh yeah ... right. I'll give you some while I'm at it, I guess?

0000000 and Lonelycity like this.
  6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Literallly smacking my head on the desk when Basara acting like a newly wed charging towards Grid with gifts abound. At least don't fuck up the "curing Piaro from insanity" part Author!

7. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With the demons getting stronger the higher with the average player level I doubt there was ever any plans for players other than transcendents and legends to be able to stop them. Even then the demons respawning is better with there being players. It lets you farm them. I also think that harming the soul is probably just weakening them. Yura has been given no special contributions so far like the Saintess. The Saintess' power has pretty much been alluded as being divine which would explain why she can kill them. The demon hunter's has not.

8. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he did save her life (making her owe him an unconditional wish), save the Empire from the Yatan Church and got her the throne.

9. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a very simple solution to Piaro’s problem actually. Just shift his anger to the real mastermind behind his tragedy, Yatan. Not only would this stop his spiral to depression and madness, it would also motivate him to reach greater heights as a warrior, since his enemy would be a god.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid doesn't want to enter into conflict with the gods. Not to mention that I doubt Yatan was actually involved in that nonsense. The Yatan church sure. Yatan himself? Doubt it.

11. Liron

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the Yatan Church gave Yatan’s Essence to Eidan. Can you picture Rebecca doing nothing if the stuff she gifted was used lightly or for evil? I mean, we know the gods are looking around and do keep tabs on their followers. It is Yatan’s interest to cause chaos in the world. At best he doesn’t care what his followers do with his stuff, which doesn’t mean he is innocent. But Grid could as well blame the Yatan Church instead of Yatan, you are not wrong. My main point was giving Piaro a new target since we know there was someone behind Marie and Eidan.

12. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am more interested in how will grid deal with kasim.

13. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Kasim is going to get his wish. I remember reading that Basara learned how to be an actually good leader and not look down on minorities, and wants to make them part of the empire.

Whether thats enough for him or not remains to be seen, but at least the tragedy of his people is unlikely to happen again.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I can picture that as it's almost what happened. Rebecca pretty much did nothing to the corrupt pope and elders and only gave missions and a blessing to players to deal with it. She didn't really take any action over the years the pope was acting up. She still gives out divine power as long as they believe in her no matter what their actions are.

15. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But that is why she is a 'good' goddess that is on the 7 saint hit list. She know and acknowledge evil but doesn't deal with it. She give mortal quest for her bidding to increase faith. It's the same. Just because he doing nothing doesn't mean he doesn't know and acknowledge what happening. His 1st servant is a numbered demon. I'm sure he know what is going on and ok with it. Acknowledge evil and doesn't prevent it is the same evil.

16. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yatan's the 'evil god' in the first place. Like Liron said I doubt he cares. Point is I don't think he's involved enough to bother trying to blame for it. Not to mention that Rebecca and Yatan seem to be part of rebirth and destruction cycle of the planet so killing them probably won't be for the best.

17. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True. But i think that even if they kill the 1st servant, if no one somehow seal yatan himself then those asshole would soon return and fuck things up again since they can still draw his power.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    If they kill the great demon behind it permanently then the connection to Yatan is pretty much cut off. I think they'll probably die off eventually unless they find another sponsor.

19. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like how me and another person was discussing. The announcement when the demon die by ruby ' the position is vacant' this imply that the next demon can take its place.

I would like to think of yatan as hardware and servants as software. As long as the pc stand in good shape, installing a new os will let you run things as before.

20. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Great demon is a position that can be replaced. There's no reason to assume that the replacement will have any interest in taking over the Yatan church. That's a personal project.