LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s best not to give people like that attention since they’ll try to find racism in anything.

Just read both chapters listed and other than Grid calling Toban(who happens to be black, feels like that’s what they are mainly upset at :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:) a slave as part of said deal so Grid wouldn’t tell the Guild that Toban tried to kill him for stuff.
    The other chapter mentions nothing about racism, it’s just about Euphemina returning to Winston.

2. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i remember the part when grid calls toban a slave, its just honestly i didnt even ever notice they mentioned toban was black and then the manhwa just got to the part where the guild members are being introduced and i was like oh hes black lol.

3. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just glossed over it until I reread it just now.

Considering it’s in a game and grids personality it’s easy to presume that calling Toban a slave meant free worker.

4. Deleted member 193678

Deleted member 193678 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like I’m in a crazy world. Black American guy as a slave is not racist. And the usual Korean hate-boner for Chinese and Japanese is not racist.

5. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same i didnt think twice about it considering grids personality at the time and what led up to that. never seemed like a big deal to me

6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said he's not actually a slave in any sense of the word. A similar sort of thing has popped up in other Korean novels. Specifically the novel that is likely the primary inspiration for Overgeared. Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. Pale(A Korean) is considered Weed's battle slave. So there's precedence for such a thing that isn't limited to black people, Author might not have even considered how it would look because Asians don't think about how black people are portrayed as much as Western people.

7. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, Noe literally means slave in Korean. And it's never been used in a racist manner in Overgeared as far as I recall.

and yeah, I admit there is a strong hate boner against China and Japan

8. rei_hunter

rei_hunter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1000 chapters in, Euphemina still hasn't fallen for God Grid yet. ;(
    Anyways, I want more Mercedes ;(

9. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're just friends and that's it.

10. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, so Baal just pulled out Pagma's soul to show him Grid.

Could Grid use the soul summoning/sealing Granting an Ego skill on Pagma's soul and one of his items to snatch Pagma from Baal?

11. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    What I was kind of thinking. Maybe put Pagma in a hammer to help him smith or maybe a suit or armor

12. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nah his ego giving been removed and changed to advanced ego creation if i remember it right

13. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    He still has the Granting an Ego skill, but using it might change either Granting an Ego or Advanced Ego Item Making.

14. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, Baal is the strongest under the absolutes, there's no way he lets Grid steal Pagma's soul unless he thinks it's an investment for future joy.

Although a soul is a soul so it's actually probable that a freed Pagma can become an ego.

15. flag9801

Reading List:
    Link
    but it wont happen i want pagma soul be in peace rather granted to an item he has been get hurt by everything around him in next teaser i hope braham forgive him though

16. flag9801

Reading List:
    Link
    Pagma—the world remembered that he was a great blacksmith. His immortal works deserved to be praised forever.

Pagma—sometimes he was accused of being a bad person. He could be called this because he betrayed his only friend in the world and sacrificed many people.

Pagma—the moment the world faced a crisis, he glimpsed the reality of the gods and was isolated. He didn’t know who to believe in or to rely on. He was already alone.

Pagma—he eventually signed a contract with a great demon in exchange for his soul. He dug up the graves of heroes. It was the only way to save the world.

(Uhh... uwoooh...)

Grid—he inherited Pagma’s skills and gained a new life. Therefore, he felt deep gratitude to Pagma.

Grid—every time he learned about Pagma’s works, he felt infinite respect for Pagma.

Grid—he was disappointed with Pagma when he learned about Braham’s murder.

Grid—he encountered the death knights of the former legends on the Behen Archipelago, and felt disgusted with Pagma

Pagma—he fought alone in the Behen Archipelago. He fought days and night against the forces of hell that pushed in like a tsunami before falling down.

Grid—he gradually understood the feelings of Pagma who fought for humans and the weak despite being born as a yangban (half-god). No, it was because he was

17. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I do think Pagma deserves to be at peace, but I don't think he'll be at peace until he finishes what he started. Him accompanying Grid, seeing how he could have done things, might be the way to do that.

18. Bryce

Bryce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would Pagma be delighted that he has such a great successor, or would he be broken mentally and spiritually that his successor who was even weaker and had a bigger inferiority complex than him somehow is now this monstrosity that attained both strength, a way to get even stronger, and loyal followers/friends that unconditionally support him

Haitaka likes this.
  19. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that is definitely one possibility, but honestly I'm thinking that we may find an area Grid is lacking in again with Pagma maybe coming into the picture.

I think it might be time for his third class to upgrade to Myth

20. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. Already pulling out Pagma's version of Dragon to use in fusion sword dances. Does opening it's potential also add one of Braham's enhanced, simplified and modified spells to it?
    Odd that Kill comes before Pinnacle in this 4 fusion sword dance. Linked Kill ___ Pinnacle was one thing since it was created with help from the goddess but this new skill was made by Grid. In the 4 and 5 fusion sword dances, Kill preceded Pinnacle but was separated from Pinnacle by either Wave or Flower while in the Pinnacle Kill they're directly connected and Pinnacle preceded Kill.

Is this a single op skill like Linked Kill Wave where all the sword dance effects combine into one or a multi stage skill like Linked Kill Wave Pinnacle, where it's actually a combo of Linked Kill, then Wave if enough of Linked Kill's strikes do damage, then Pinnacle.
    Why/How does it allow Grid to 'make dozens of charges' when Dragon, Kill and Pinnacle are all single target, single hit skills?

Edit: Oh, I forgot Transcendent Link Kill Pinnacle was a thing. So he just substituted Dragon for Link.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020