Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it, Rabbit hasn't made an appearance in hundreds of chapters.

2. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That investment in Alchemy is starting to look a bit ridiculous. Although it's supposedly helping.

The costs for running that facility are huge, and upgrading it is slow as crap. It's kinda stuck in a situation like Grid's getting extra stats for producing items, only when something top tier gets made.

Thanks to the ability Grid gained from Berith, he now has the ability to increase its experience by 1% every 10 days. So, over a three year period in Satisfy, he might be able to get it from Advanced 2, to Advanced 3 - or maybe a bit sooner, depending on the current experience.

It's possible that it'll give him some minor edge in the next tournament.

3. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    In the near future...

Grid's Dukes share the fate of Asmophel...

sap00 and dereonlad like this.
  4. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    ...So drugged in a trap house?

5. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, Yatan Essence mind rape. Although it's in a secret and dark dungeon called the Abyss.

The angle for how Grid will find out about this is quite cool.

sap00 and dereonlad like this.
  6. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are they already brainwashed or just currently being mind raped also is Rachel caught too?

sap00 likes this.
  7. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    In process. Haven't yet read that they've been converted.

Also, it's mainly saying that Grid's three dukes are missing. I'm not sure why Rachel isn't being counted. I'd thought she'd been captured also.

Anyway, the Abyss is also going to be interesting for having some other creatures in there, apart from the dukes. A dwarf, a demon kin, maybe others.

--

Grid will also soon be running into Duke Limit (who I think was one of the pillars and maybe as strong as Kyle?). He's also finally going to be pushed to the point of imbuing a weapon with a soul to create his first real ego weapon to try and get out of the situation alive.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Shiho and sap00 like this.
  8. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't he need a soul to create an ego weapon?

9. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I haven't actually read that chapter, but I believe he got a demon soul in the Abyss.

So, this is going to be part of his solution to fighting an opponent he normally might not be able to beat. Since this time, he doesn't have a team to depend on when fighting a transcendent.

PCs having ridiculously lower HP than similar level NPCs sounds unfair. Grid needs way more attack power comparatively to get over the HP difference.

Another interesting thing that's happening... The Grandmaster is watching Grid through a crystal ball while he's going through the Abyss. There's not much detail yet but you have to wonder what he's seeing and if he's listening to private conversations between players about their lives outside the game.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    sap00 likes this.
  10. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    I always assumed there's some sort of universal white noise that happens whenever an NPC might hear anything to do with the real world. They know the players are immortal people but they aren't aware they're from another world.

11. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there's most likely something that stops them from realizing the nature of what PCs are. Braham practically sits in Grid's head and shares thoughts, and I'm not sure he's aware of what Grid is.

But you have to wonder if there are higher level AIs that are less limited than most NPCs.

sap00 likes this.
  12. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    I would assume Baal. But if Hexetia of all NPCs isn't self-aware then I doubt any NPC has awareness. Though Hexetia has, more or less a defined role, Baal would be the exception to the rule, not because he's #1 in Hell, but because it's his nature to amuse himself or cause chaos. But that's based off what we know of his actions and the SK group.

13. imaginator

imaginator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They did say Baal, some archangel guy, and that yangban guy who gives quests have advanced AI.

BigDaddy likes this.
  14. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

Grid fights an interesting demon that has grown up in the abyss and is as powerful as the dukes. And you find out that the Seven Malignant Saints might be imprisoned deep in the abyss...

sap00 and Shiho like this.
  15. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel sad for Biplonz (the demon) already, expecting him to end up in Grid's sword. The kid deserves better.

On the positive side, he may be proto-great demon material. But you have to wonder if he'll be able to continue to grow as the soul of a sword.

Shiho and sap00 like this.
  16. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    And I was wrong. It is not Biplonz who is fated to become part of Grid's sword.

However, what did happen was unexpected...

Shiho, OverlyBadassmc and sap00 like this.
  17. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    bruh, may i plead on the behalf of our fellow comrade here for a larger share of SPOILERSS!!!!
    your hints only give rise to more questions lol

OverlyBadassmc, jheno13 and sap00 like this.
  18. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I want to let you enjoy it also. I'm only 4 chapters ahead.

Grid is fighting Duke Limit, who is a Sword Duke - more advanced than a Great Swordsman - and generally getting his ass beat despite support from Resh and Coke. He makes some headway, but Limit adapts.

Grid is like "If only I had Iyarugt, I'd be able to use his sword prediction abilities against Limit and win", so he uses the Pavaranium's transformation option to transform it into Iyarugt and then merges it with the Enlightenment Sword.

Except... The sword actually doesn't do anything special because Iyarugt's powers really come from Iyarugt's soul.

At which point, Grid uses "Granting an Ego" to grant the sword the ego of.... Iyarugt!

Eh?????

Which makes you wonder if there are now two Iyarugt souls, or if it's split between the swords, or ripped from the old sword.

I suppose it's possible that it will only last for as long as the current transformation lasts, but that would be an unfortunate burn of 1/3 ego granting attempt.

It's also possible that being connected to two swords will increase Iyarugt's own potential. Don't know.

OverlyBadassmc and sap00 like this.
  19. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

After Grid acquires the ability to make a mineral on his own without Braham's help, that also incorporates Pavaranium... He's going to build a new one, incorporating several other strong minerals, including the "Insane Dragon Ore" that naturally proliferates...

Hopefully resulting in Grid gaining access to an endless supply of Super Pavaranium.

In the meantime, major changes will likely be coming to the Empire.

dereonlad, moneng85 and Shiho like this.
  20. imaginator

imaginator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the dukes? Thanks.