Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That was sacrificed to create Greed. But aside from that, he has no technical limit on the amount of Greed he can have... Unless he ends up with enough that dragons decide to come and hunt him down.

It'll be interesting to see when the point of push back arrives, and how he'll deal with it.

2. sap00

sap00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think his ultimate state will be by using darkning while flying and summoning the thunder field(don't remeber the name), the field is basically a thunder storm.

3. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't this imply that somehow Basara becomes emperor?

What does incarnation mean? Is Grandmaster a regressor or reincarnator?

4. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Time to make another blade aiming at the gods then

5. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think that the word incarnation means reincarnation here. You can also think of it as physical manifestation.

The Grandmaster, despite his talent, suffers from sloth. It's sad.

As to your question... Yes.

6. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that bit but decided not to say anything I think it’s a good choice

7. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so like how the new gods in DC are actual metaphysical entities (god of evil, god of freedom etc) that would crush normal space in their real forms so they need a physical form that won't destroy everything.

Are the other gods that Grandmaster mentioned the Yangbans ancestors?
    I presume he wants to release his friends and hook up with the Yangbans, collect all the legends, maybe even a dragon or 2 and start the second war.

I say collect all the legends because of the Empire's talent policy. They spend so many resources on developing talent that they don't have the funds for protracted war. At least that's what Lauel said about 70-80 chapters ago. Maybe that's the Grandmaster's influence, that's part of the long term plans OG emperor Saharan put in place.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    LordKarsus likes this.
  8. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure how advanced the 7 malignant saints are, since they were originally human, and only became half gods.

And yes, Yangbans are descendants of fallen gods.

As for the endgame, Grid seems to specialize in getting people to become friends instead.

dereonlad likes this.
  9. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand how the gods can find common ground with the seven.

The Yangbans are not their ancestors so it's plausible that they can be accepted. But by their mere existence, the 7 malignant saints are a dilution of the gods power and a natural threat to at some point become full fledged gods if their achievements are allowed to continue and prosper.

10. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    The 7 saints and the gods originally got along and were loved by the gods. That's why they helped them become half-gods.

Unfortunately, the saints eventually realized that the gods are monsters that tend to try to regularly destroy humanity. It's in Taren's ~"I was blinded by the light, I didn't see the darkness that hid behind it"

But, if we look at the 7th Evil's conversation with Grid, he was impressed that Grid erased the sin of envy with Hexetia, and was thus able to chill.

The Evils themselves seem to mainly be interested in safeguarding humanity, and have no major enmity with the gods outside of that. So they don't feel a need to continue the fight and keep trying to destroy the gods, when the gods aren't causing problems. Thus, like Kasim's turnaround with Grenhal (which may not have happened yet in the free chapters), there should be potential for reconciliation as long as the other gods' sins can also be expunged somehow.

"God Grid, savior of the world!"

I'm pretty much expecting this novel to end with everyone happy and getting along - with all their scars healed by Grid. lol

dereonlad likes this.
  11. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    So we're probably going to get a conflict with the orcs/draconians and then he'll gain the attention of another good who'll be abstained of his sin.

12. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Apart from legendary miner and legendary tailor, the nine legends of the past are probably the best chance to kill Baal.

But I guess it wouldn't just be Baal. He would have Agnus, a couple Great Demons and would be able to summon a massive demon army. Though Yura's passive, Kraugel, Oasis and Piaro's AOE skills could probably take out a demon army.

13. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the Undefeated King's Descendant still a legendary tanker class?

I ask because I've been rereading old national competition arcs and bubat has Madra's armor and Madra is referred to as a tanker. So I don't know if it's been retconned away as his main skills are sword related that require sword energy only possessed by people with the great swordsman title.

14. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Are Bain and Chensler dead or did they just chase or get captured by GM

15. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Madra, does sorta sound like a retcon. Although I suppose you could be a tank and yet also have destructive power.

It could be like Pagma's Swordsmanship. Pagma is a blacksmith at his base, and has non-standard swordsmanship. Madra also has rather non-standard swordsmanship.

As for Bain, Chensler: MIA, status unknown. Emperor's body also missing - fate unclear (although, dead as per world messages). Grandmaster's and Neo-Red Knights' state also unknown. Possibly injured by Emperor releasing Origin True Energy for a final attack.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Muteki Reader and sap00 like this.
  16. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    You were right, the ending of the empire arc felt undeserved and somewhat forced even.

Though I do hope Benoit is able to make a comeback as a prodigal son of the empire.

LordKarsus likes this.
  17. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Benoit's fate could be interesting.

Separately, it occurs to me to wonder... Could Grid use Item Creation to build something that increases his transcendent abilities, or transcendence level? I'd assume so, but I expect he won't try.

It goes to his comment about how he used his abilities freely when he initially got them, thus making the universal key. But he doesn't do stuff like that anymore.

--

btw, there's a decent amount of foreshadowing about fighting dragons. Maybe the Half Draconians actually have some transcendent dragon powers.

God Hands are Back!

Shiho and sap00 like this.
  18. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he could create something like Huginn's eye in Stop Friendly Fire. Basically he'd able to track anybody at any time. So, he could know if say Garam is releasing a lot of power, which usually indicates something big is about to go down. Then he travels there and takes advantage of the situation or open the epic system(?) again by becoming a watcher.

I find it odd that the player who is being spied on by the gods actually transcends through watching events.

Or I'm overthinking this and he could just make a ring or sword with materials from every transcendent race that increases transcendence after killing a transcendent. But that's too OP considering he already has a rune.

LordKarsus likes this.
  19. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, there are only so many big bads, and we've been largely introduced to all of the major players in the game. Otherwise, massive power scaling could have been possible. Admittedly, it wouldn't actually be good for the story, since Grid is already surpassing all his friends too badly.

He can't just become a god alone.

20. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, we've only seen the #22 Great Demon. If the scaling is similar to the Red Knights scaling then #15 can probably destroy a kingdom in an hour, and #10 can destroy the west continent in a week. But at this point we have 2 player kingdoms, and the Empire which is now friendly, and the Yangbans in the east. The author is going to have to do some serious retconning to create a "power behind the curtains" OP character. Because there are no more races. We've got the draconians/arcs coming up, but that's it. Dwarves aren't a threat, maybe an extradimensional or necromancer threat.

At this point even gaining a legendary class isn't close to good enough to match Grid. The only players that I think could beat Grid are Agnus and Euphemia if she keeps Duplicator and gains Mumud's Descendant. If Kraugel can improve Heart sword maybe... if Oasis can get 500K army swordsmanship perhaps.

LordKarsus likes this.