Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most rankers made money and buyed good capsules asap not top of the line but good enough to don't feel those delays that includes kraugel

On PC terms grid had an 50$ Intel and the rest had an 500$ Alienware

Melegant likes this.
  2. noirdesprit

noirdesprit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn Huroi is the highlight in this chapter for me

aqua55, FonsyMN, Gymgym and 2 others like this.
  3. JesterSage

JesterSage Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, kraugel did have the best one. Satisfy have a top line capsule that have .01 connection rate
    While grid from sponsor have .03. with mystery hatching egg pets and etc.
    Atleast that's in the old chapters,
    Comet capsules are licensed by Kim cheolhos company but they need to tweak it a lil bit to be unique and that comes with a lil connection delay.
    For grids control, It's technically bad for PVP but Rise in PVE. It's only after the first competition that grid realized the need for control and improved while in the journey with Piaro, dual Greatsword after Randy's and changed to one handed swords(single to dual)after the defeat from kraugel.

4. Melegant

Melegant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is someone free for the translation today?

5. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author brings to the thought - "It is necessary to kill the gods and dragons." On the other hand, it is now clear why Bibian immediately attacked Nepheline.
    Well, Grid is destined to fight dragons - the Title of the Hero King (15% damage) and the Fire Dragon Sword (20% damage).

P.S.
    Fact of Madra's Power:
    - Madra was a "pioneer" of his era and visited the Tower of Wisdom. Hence he passed the tests and fought with the members of the tower.
    - Madra before the fight with Grid never lost before or after death.
    So he at least defeated one of the tower members.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Melegant and FonsyMN like this.
  6. Melegant

Melegant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In fact didn't Boban shaken in fear when he casually thought about the possibility of the Overgeared king being the undefeated king descendant after meeting Kraugel

7. godowsky

godowsky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he probably met biban given how much biban knows about his swordsmanship , keep in mind , not losing =/= winning , a stalemate is not a loss and a fight that stops before its end is not a loss.

8. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think so. These aren't facts but speculations. Currently, the [Pioneer] Title is only for Players, otherwise some NPC may have had this. In previous era, there might be a chance that Pioneer or Pioneers were chosen by the Tower of Wisdom. Madra or any other Legend hasn't directly been stated to have the Title of [Pioneer]. See the statement given below.

Chapter 1127: "Pagma, Braham, and Madra had all showed wild expressions when they met him." Does this Statement proves that Pagma, Braham, and Madra were all Pioneers? I don't think so. Though they may have been! It hasn't been proven by a direct statement yet. Some fellow put the Title of [Pioneer] in Madra's Infobox on Overgeared Wiki just like this without even confirming the correct information. It is because of his inference, but the case may not be as he visualised. Who knows? I definitely don't know!

If you are talking about the 'Pioneer' in a sensual way, then Piaro, Kraugel, Mercedes, Braham, and Jishuka are also Pioneers since they have pioneered their own paths or pioneering them currently. The word 'Pioneer' has been used many times before Grid became the [Pioneer]. It has been used for Piaro, who became the [Legendary Farmer], Kraugel, who became the [Sword Saint] instead of [Muller's Descendant (Successor)], and Jishuka, who became the [Bow Saint] instead of [Povia's Descendant]. We know that all of them have pioneered their own paths. Similarly, Braham wasn't the Descendant of Jessica, he developed the [Braham's Enhanced Magic]; Pagma was the First Legendary Blacksmith (Since Grid is the Second Legendary Blacksmith and Khan is Third. See the Description of Valhalla of Infinite Affection); Madra was the Undefeated King and there wasn't any other Legend like him in the past and nor today. But Muller wasn't pure like these people. He inherited the [Matchless Heart Swordsmanship] of Biban and made it his own. So in fact or according to me, he wasn't a pure [Sword Saint] like Kraugel, but [Biban's Descendant] just like how Grid isn't the pure [Legendary Blacksmith] but [Pagma's Descendant]. It is unknown yet whether Biban is also a pure [Sword Saint] like Kraugel or he also inherited something from the First [Sword Saint] like Muller did from the Second (Buban). Again, this proves that Piaro, Kraugel, Mercedes, Braham, and Jishuka are pure Legends who pioneered their paths on their own instead of inheriting someone's Powers like Grid and Muller did. At least, this is all I have about the 'Pioneer' for now. And this is also the way how I understand the Literal Meaning of 'Pioneer' the and the Title [Pioneer]. As I said earlier, currently there is no definite statement which says that an NPC in past had the Title of [Pioneer] directly.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    Gymgym, FonsyMN and Stigmazin like this.
  9. godowsky

godowsky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am not sure well , but i remember that the TOW did have NPCs pioneers before the players were a thing , they just chose players because they are a safer bet given their ''imortality'' and easier overall management. so altho the title pioneer may have not existed , the idea of a pioneer proabbly did ( tower requesting assistance from some talented individuals and fofering fitting rewards). idk what you mean by ''pure'' class , but all of them are legends , whether it's grid who IS a legendary balcksmith or muller who WAS a sword saint , if you mean the fact that they inherited techniques , then you should note that descendant classes do inherit techniques but the fact that they could master those techniques means that they already pioneered their path and are derving of being legends, muller later did create his own techniques after inheriting biban's techniques . which use FE. So roughly speaking he was a pure SS since he did create his own technique later on.

10. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really know what you are asking currently. I have already said my thoughts on the topic. The other thing is: I used the Meaning of word 'Pioneer' and Meaning of Title [Pioneer]. It isn't about whether they are Legends or they pioneered their paths as Descendants or not. Grid is [Magic Swordsman of the Epics]. Meaning, he pioneered his own path. Well, there is a lot more to it, but the topic was Pioneer, not the Legends or Descendants, or whether the Descendants are Legends or not.

I think, you should read the post again and also the Description of Pioneer.
    [Pioneer]

A 10% increase in character experience acquisition.

10% increase in rewards for discovering new places.

Access to the Tower of Wisdom.

* This is a title that only the foremost person can have.

Keep in mind that it can be taken away by others at any time.

11. Lmaster

Lmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it difficult for Madra to leave Lubana to do favors for the tower, Madra did not even care about the protection of the continent and the future of humanity, seen in the dialogue he had with Pagma, where he says he is only responsible for the future of his people and that he has no interest in fighting for humanity.

Chap 696 "
    "The situation... You should first explain more.”

The person who resurrected me must be the Duke of Fire. I wanted to kill him right now, but I couldn’t. Why? He must’ve resurrected me for some reason. I had to know what sacrifice he was talking about. The answer was absurd.

"The great demons are invading this place, the Behen Archipelago. As you know, the Behen Archipelago is the succession place and the Hall of Fame. If this falls into the hands of the great demons, there is no future for humanity. You must protect it.”

“The future of humanity...”

It wasn’t a problem for me to discuss. I was only responsible for the future of my people. Aside from that, I had no interest. That’s why I became more angry."

I would not find it strange that the tower tried to recruit Madra or give him the Pioneer role, but I doubt that he accepted.

Gymgym, FonsyMN and JesterSage like this.
  12. godowsky

godowsky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didn't really ask anything lmao i am answering the 2 subjects you meantionned :
    1- pioneers were a thing because the TOW have requested the help of people before players , so maybe multiple pioneers existed in the same era , each corresponding to a particular field ( madra , braham etc...)

2- muller WAS a SS he was not biban's descendant turned SS or anything of the sort , just because you inheited techniques doesn't mean you are not a ''pure'' legend because if that was the case all magicians would not be pure legends as they all inherited their original techniques of manipulating mana from the original magician.

13. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    It hasn't been directly stated. Additionally, it was stated somewhere that Muller helped the Tower of Wisdom a lot by subduing the Great Demons by himself. However, it hasn't been revealed whether ToW asked for his help or not or whether Muller was the Pioneer or not.

2. The topic was about the literal meaning of Pioneer and Title. Madra was the Pioneer, it was stated as a fact, not as a speculation. It hasn't been stated directly yet, so it can't be a fact. This was the reason on my post. There wasn't something to answer from the very beginning as most of the things are based on speculations. Thus, your answers are also speculations as they can't be proven with the direct statements or facts. Know this very well.

Don't know why you have a problem with Muller being a Descendant? But this is a fact that he inherited the Powers of Sword Saint Biban, the [Matchless Heart Swordsmanship] Style. I am not saying whether he was pure as a Legend eventually or not. The path which he started walking was pioneered because of his talent and the [Matchless Heart Swordsmanship]. Later on, he used the Imperfect Mixture of [Sword Energy] and [Fighting Energy] to develop the [Matchless Heart Swordsmanship] into something like [Grid's Sword Dance]. For now, let's call it the [Muller's Swordsmanship]. From here on the individual path of Muller began. The previous path was also attributed to Biban. Now objectively speaking, it also isn't a pure path. Meaning, it does have the essence and inheritance of Biban's Techniques like [Grid's Sword Dance] have the essence and inheritance of Pagma, Braham, and Martial God Chiyou. But the concept of [Magic Swordsman of the Epics] is only for Grid. Similarly, no one can use the [(Braham's Favor) Great Swordsman Pagma's Sword Dance] and [Grid's Sword Dance] apart from Grid because, although it may have Powers of 2-3 Legends but Grid is the [Pagma's Descendant] (A Swordsman) and [Duke of Wisdom] (A Legendary Magician, Braham's Descendant at least according to me), so he can use these Skills. Braham can't use this because he isn't a Swordsman and Pagma's can't use this because he isn't a Magician, but Grid is both. Likewise, [Muller's Swordsmanship] could only be used by Muller because he had Matchless Heart Swordsmanship and Imperfect Mixture of [Sword Energy] + [Fighting Energy]. Maybe Grid can use [Muller's Swordsmanship] even better than Muller if he can acquire it, that is. So this was the concept of Legends and their own Paths.

It also includes the Pseudo Legends like Mumud and [Demon Slayer] for further discussion, but I don't want to discuss it yet.

Lastly, we come to the 'Descendant' part of this debate. Well, you shouldn't take it to the heart because I consider it like that. It is only for me, if you don't like the idea, then discard it. Forget it as if you haven't read it anywhere! According to me, if you inherit something from a previous Legend or any entity, you would become the Descendant (Successor) of that entity. It only applies to the Specific Techniques, and not on the Techniques like [Advanced Ego Item Making] Skill as they are 'common'. The 'Descendant' according to may be related to the Classes like [Pagma's Descendant] and [Povia's Descendant], but also an Unspecified Status (Imaginary, like I do). Muller may have been a [Sword Saint] and not [Biban's Descendant] since normally only a [Sword Saint] can acquire the Techniques of another [Sword Saint] like we saw in Kraugel's case at East Continent where the Followers of Martial God couldn't learn Muller's Hidden Pieces, with a few exceptions like Grid (learnt [Matchless Heart Technique] because of a Game Achievement, the [9th's Test] Quest), Mercedes (Keen Insight), and Piaro (learnt Pseudo Legendary Skill the [Supreme Swordsmanship], part of [Matchless Heart Swordsmanship]). It should also be noted that Piaro was referred to as a Descendant by Biban because he inherited Biban's Techniques (Chapter 1226). See the statement: "Hoh! As expected of my descendant! I was worried that he was a crazy person because he is farming with the Matchless Heart Sword. Fortunately, that isn’t the case." So according to me, Muller is [Biban's Descendant], though it may not be his Class.

There are some people who are considered Descendants according to me. Haster is [Red Sage]. His Technique were taught to him by Winfred, the original Red Sage and the 1st Knight of the Red Knights. So he is Winfred's Descendant. He may also become the Descendant of the Red Knights due to his Quest. But it isn't the Class. It is only a Class Quest that would open all of the Skills of his [Red Sage] Class. But as we all know, the [Red Sage] is a Versatile Class. So there may be a chance that those Skills include some of the Unique Skills of Former Red Knight as well. Thus, gaining the Unspecified Status of Descendant of the Red Knights. Now we talk about Grid. He has been Braham's Descendant since he got his 2nd Class, the [Legendary Great Magician]. In fact, this Legendary Great Magician didn't have the chance to pioneer his path like Kraugel and Jishuka, and could only acquire [Braham's Enhanced Magic]. The only problem was that Grid wasn't a Magician to begin with, and nor he had the required amount of [Intelligence] Stat Points. So he couldn't become a proper [Legendary Great Magician] or [Braham's Descendant]. The [Duke of Wisdom] is also the path to become [Braham's Descendant], but that is a Class. However, he is [Braham's Descendant] according to me because of many reasons.

So when I am talking about the Descendant, it may not be related to a Legendary or any Class at all but only an Unspecified Status.

FonsyMN likes this.
  14. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raiders is actually showing a degree of self-control that adult dragons usually don't. Not only did he go to a shabby inn, he also refrained from killing the inn's owner despite having the desire to do so for a moment. By contrast, Bunhelier flew to kill Kraugel because he was grumpy and Trauka accepted the dwarves because of their sacrifice and wouldn't think twice about killing them. However, his level of empathy is poor and he doesn't understand the significance of life. To him, other beings are creatures that can satisfy his foodie needs and if they can't he has no qualms with killing or cursing them. Also, he though the family preserved the recipe because they respected his taste rather than being terrified of disobeying him. He doesn't get people and their motivations.

Overall, this chapter showed why dragons are avoided like plague. Even if you get on their good terms, this can be seen as a curse. Raiders could have finished a family that served him for a thousand years on a whim and it was because of another whim that he didn't kill them. Even the whimsical gods of the west are much more consistent in their actions and moods than dragons. I also liked the chapter explaining that Grid doesn't want to create an item right now because his dexterity is lower after the change in statues.

Also, here's a thing we forgot to note about the skin of transcendence. The description states: "It is a process of peeking into the domain of imperviousness to the sword.". It is possible for Zikfrector, average ToW members or maybe Hayate alone to be invulnerable to ordinary sword skills just as dragon scales cannot be cut by ordinary attacks. However, Zikfrector had to get slightly serious against the failed daoists near the hwan kingdom and, according to Zibal, could be beaten by the Xing Kingdom's royal guards if he was careless. Of course he wouldn't lose but this means he is probably vulnerable to sword. Anyway, feel free to come up with your theories. Perhaps Biban is closer to Muller in strength than we imagine.

Gymgym and LordKarsus like this.