Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There should be some fun awkwardness around asking Marie Rose for her blood...

Meeting Nevartan also sounds interesting. One imagines that the ToW knows where he is.

Now to see what Grid will get for achieving a full 80 "delicious" achievement.

Gymgym and Yggdrassil like this.
  2. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid probably could get Marie Rose's blood with enough affinity.

But that's hilarious, there was like a high end legendary cabalistic murderer that Grid's legendary assassin friend stumbled upon.

So he kills people, cook them, when the next person comes, he feeds his old victims to them and when they are done he kills them.

But if a player dies and tried to revisit his location might move. And cuz he's legendary rated he's probably really strong, and the food might've gave a bunch of debiffs during the fight.

I wonder if the game settings would've been something like that

But that whole senerio was ended by 1 quest from grid. There might've been a detective class to go against killer classes. It's probably a good thing raiders is keeping the book because if the kingdom got it, there might be someone who steals it.

A legend is still a legend and crazy people do probably also play

But that information was really important. That's his clue to win against Zeratul (war god guy) and save hextia....m.and raise his god rank

What if he became God slayer aboslute
    + God of War. (War encompasses swords, magic, items, and blood...works)

3. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid got the Book, not Raiders. Grid experienced the System Messages related to it, not Raiders. So Grid has that Book, not Raiders. Raiders isn't a low grade collector. Even the Needle that he uses to make table clothes is a Myth-rated Item made from the Scale of a Gold Dragon and also contains Raiders' Magic.

Gymgym and Lmaster like this.
  4. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder why the author decided to make the second half of Grid and Raider's food journey meh. I expected more than "not bad" for the Rainbow Potatoes... Feels OOC with what the author normally does.

JHI and Yggdrassil like this.
  5. Stigmazin

Stigmazin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I expected more of this second half too. But regarding the potatos, Raiders's evaluation is ok.
    Piaro is the first Legendary Farmer in the most recent world.
    Raiders probably tasted better things from others Legendary Farmers in the past. Who knows.

6. Ainz913

Ainz913 [Refining Heaven Demon Venerable's Inheritor]

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that raider can say ok means the food is an excellent dellicacy. Especially if you consider rainbow potatoes are like maybe baked or boiled potatoes with no seasoning. Remember raiders is a GOURMET dragon. He had tasted food for millions of years so if he said ok that already is amazing i think

FonsyMN, Lmaster and Stigmazin like this.
  7. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raiders's trip has been uncharateristically uneventful until now which I believe will change soon. Raiders might want to eat Sariel which will likely be solved with the skewer. The chapter says Raiders wasn't interested with Mercedes, Nefelina etc. but not with Sariel. Alternatively, he might want to eat the evil eyes king or some other companion of Grid. The largest reward will probably be the last I'm happy statement from Raiders and it should give the largest reward. Hopefully it'll be more than just fixing Sticks. I also wonder how large Stick's power-up will become.

Also Grid has been screwing Nefelina by giving her the worst possible food while telling her about how Idan is her private chef. Raiders could cause trouble for Grid there. I hope she'll finally taste better food and curse Grid.

Grid should make new items for Damian and Isabel. We also shouldn't forget that Rebecca's daughters have become Grid's subordinates. Overgeared kingdom has acquired even more named npcs. Damian's class currently looks very weak. Hopefully he'll make up for it with items. I can't wait to see Damian overjoyed after finally using others to test his items. Grid tested enlightenment sword, blade aiming at gods, castration eye and fire dragon sword with him and he's probably traumatized. Poor guy.

8. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you really read the Chapter? Maybe something has been misunderstood?!

This Chapter says that [Gourmet Cycle] ended, Raiders went to Overgeared Kingdom with Grid after the Quest finished. He ate Wheat, Rice, and Rainbow Potatoes of Overgeared Kingdom and then left the Kingdom.

Here is a statement from the MTL:
    The Raiders were busy admiring the taste of rice and wheat from Overgeared Kingdom. He evaluated that the Rainbow Potato was also not bad. It was a sight that made Piaro proud. This day. The Raiders really finished eating and left the Overgeared Kingdom. His appearance, showing no interest in the late Mercedes and Piaro, as well as Nepelina and Stixsey, proved that the Overgeared Kingdom still had a long way to go.

Additionally, neither Raiders ate any Person of Overgeared Kingdom and nor did he tell Nefelina that 'Grid has been fooling her by the name of Private Chef, and is giving you the Garbage Food'.

Separately, Dragons don't have personalities to get involved in other People's lives until they affect a Dragon, that is. If Bunhelier had come to the Overgeared Kingdom, then he would have killed Nefelina. Or any other Dragon who is enemy of Nevartan, would have done the same.

About your phrase that it was uncharacteristically uneventful: Although, in last two times Grid didn't get anything, but Grid got a Myth-rated Production Equipment, the [Gourmet Dragon's Needle], and the Endgame Information which may be a factor to take Nevartan on his side to fight against Baal and Gods. Though, this opportunity might only be for one time. Raiders also killed the Legendary Murderer Human Ear or something. So it was a pretty good trip which benefited Grid a lot.

Melegant and FonsyMN like this.
  9. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understood "The Raiders really finished eating and left the Overgeared Kingdom" as Raiders going to other countries after Overgeared Kingdom instead of completely ending the cycle. I might be wrong. I'd be surprised if the cycle ends before Grid removes Sticks' curse or the skewer is used. I also didn't mean Raiders would explicitly tell Nefelina anything, just imagined Nefelina somehow realizing food can be tasty (through whatever means) due to Raiders's gourmet tour. I imagine something like Grid telling her about the information he learned after Raiders praised the food and said "I'm happy" while Nefelina replies "food is food, why would he be so happy?". I wasn't imagining an active intervention by Raiders. Honestly, I want Nefelina to curse our greedy protagonist until Idan finally starts producing good food so that Grid could gain another reward (including increased affinity).

When I say uneventful, I didn't mean this is a filler arc. I meant there hasn't been a major conflict yet. Raiders didn't get offended by something, Baal didn't try to make Raiders go mad for shits and giggles... I wasn't talking about the rewards which I agree are great. They are both amazing rewards. However, all else being equal, the harder something is in Satisfy the greater the reward. That's why I would expect getting "I'm happy" 4 times or getting "I'm extremely happy" to give an even greater reward. If you're right and the cycle is truly over without such events and even more rewards, it'd be contrary to the usual style of the author as LordKarsus said.

10. LordDanny

Reading List:
    Link
    The Quest is over. Visiting the Overgeared Kingdom was a personal choice of Raiders. Until now your assumptions were based on Raiders' visit to the Overgeared Kingdom. Now when the statement clearly states that Raiders left the Overgeared Kingdom, you sifted your answer towards the Quest and other Kingdoms. It has been stated earlier that Quest ended. It would have ended only after visiting 80 Restaurants, but Grid extended the number to 106. So the Quest ended, and Grid confirmed it. Therefore, visiting the Overgeared Kingdom was Raiders' own choice which was not included in the Quest.

See the statement from the MTL:
    From the grid's point of view, it was four days, which was extremely long. It was too much pressure mentally to go around with a dragon he couldn't catch. It felt like walking on a thorny road all four days. The fact that the quest is finally over is about to feel the liberation gamma.

Well, in the first place, I thought that you misunderstood something, but those were your assumptions, so I can't say anything about those.

If you are talking about the [Gourmet Cycle], nothing was mentioned properly. Author rushed all the things. The 106 Restaurants that Grid had found should have included the Restaurants from the Cho Kingdom and Xing Kingdom of the East Continent, but they weren't even mentioned. So it was just Grid getting a Myth-rated Production Equipment and Endgame Information about the Nevartan, and Legendary Murderer dying by Raiders' hands. So basically, nothing was mentioned explicitly and thus, these were all fillers.

Why Raiders didn't do something crazy, it may be because he isn't crazy Bunhelier who only does evil things. Eating the Roots of World Tree was because of him being the Gourmet Dragon, he simply wanted to test them. There are many things where Human's common sense doesn't work. Dragons are like that. If all Dragons had really been crazy, then the World would even have existed. Dragons are more in quantity than the Absolute Gods, so that is a plus. Then why can't they destroy the World if they are crazy? The answer is simple: They aren't crazy. Even Bunhelier could have destroyed the World if he wanted, but he didn't do so despite being the Evil Dragon. So although the behaviour of Dragons can't be understood by Humans, but they aren't crazy in fact. Though, there are times where they seem crazy, but it is only because they have seen many things happen and then perish in their lives. They are like unwilling observers. So they don't take interest in anything so they aren't hurt eventually. A God like Species which is alone for the several Cycles of Creation and Destruction, that is what Dragons are. In fact, they are tired because of the world and have become selfish and irritable existences which seem like crazy entities to the whole world. The Absolute Gods are the reason of this behaviour. Or maybe the Destruction of the World is a natural phenomena after a certain period of time. The Concept of 'Chaos' has to be understood if this is the case.

FonsyMN and JHI like this.
  11. GridGridGrud

GridGridGrud 《Dao of Reading:3rd Stage》

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps,Hayate believed that someday Dragons and humans would coexist...

Or maybe in the 1st Generation of Satisfy,Dragon and Humans coexist...

I bet,Hayate experienced the reset of World,many times too..

If he cant even do that Ill go nuts.

He could use his willpower to create a mini world or Mental world

That would hurt,fortunately he have his Tower now...

12. Yggdrassil

Yggdrassil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a thought came into my mind.
    How fun it is if Huroi got his 3rd class as an Overgeared Wyvern Paladin.
    Huroi can Overcome the drawbacks of the sword dances by speech
    and maybe a potential Sword Dances of Justice.

Gymgym likes this.
  13. Gymgym

Gymgym Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean it's like Kraugel using poem? Iiric Kraugel said Grid is needed to maximize this poem skill. It will be funny to see Huroi enhanced the sword dances with praises about God Grid one second, then swear at the enemies parents later lol.

It just come to me, if Amelda(5th red knight) become a priest in overgeared church, won't that mean she could learn sword dance while maintaining her skills before? Or maybe she could learn it without converting to Overgeared church because it's downgraded pagma sword dance from the priests? It will be interesting if she could create her own swordmanship by combining 5 swordsmanships.

Yggdrassil likes this.
  14. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Next job tier after overgeared paladin is overheated dancing paladin

I am sure the next boost grid religion will get is overgeared priest getting enhanced magic