Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that's a beast chapter. Grid's rewards are the best I've seen since he became a transcendent, actually even more than that.

Granting magical effects to items for free is so amazingly good. And I am sure he will find a way to abuse the resource discount from successive crafts.

Actually the chapter is even more meaningful than I thought. Grid's story has revolved around being a blacksmith since the beginning. Blacksmith is synonymous with protagonist. All the main characters and most plot events were driven by it either directly or indirectly via the gear they received or interacted with from Grid's blacksmithing.

Now Grid has completed his journey as a blacksmith. In a way, this is like the story ending, at least for it's second-most important storyline next to Grid himself. This is easily a top 5 milestone in story events covered so far for me.

LayZhang, flag9801 and LordKarsus like this.
  2. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    By the merging of the classes, his tailoring skill is no longer an independent skill. It's been fully merged into the Legendary Blacksmith skill, which has evolved.

This really feels more like the setup for the final battles. Grid's journey as a craftsman is now complete. There's some way to go still on his path of gaining better battle skills and solidifying his godhood, but with Hell looking to attack the human world, and Grid ready for an all out assault on Hell...

He may just need to improve his relationship with Marie Rose, and he'll be good to go... Too bad his romantic sense is terrible. Knowing that Marie Rose has suffered hundreds of years of loneliness - to not even be very comforting... Lame!

LayZhang and blaisemNU like this.
  3. Aristes

Aristes [Archiver of idea], [Harbinger of the Fall]

Reading List:
    Link
    When she ask Grid.
    She did not ask for a knight, she wants someone who could stood equally by her side and fought alongside her.
    Marie Rose had potential to rival Irene with this...

4. flag9801

flag9801 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is next save pagma or finish what pagma can't do

5. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The class quests for Pagma's Successor had kind of an unusual pacing. I would have expected a class titled "successor" to be completed when the successor equaled or surpassed the original legend.

But this tailoring class quest was so ridiculously demanding that it meant Grid finished it super late. He had actually surpassed Pagma a long time ago, but he only completes the last production-based class quest when he's like 2 full skill tiers of blacksmithing beyond Pagma and rivals a god at blacksmithing. I would have expected the production class quests to be toned down so that they are completed once the player is on the level of Pagma, not the level of a God and well past succeeding Pagma.

The final class quest to save Pagma also looks crazy, because Pagma is being imprisoned by Baal. Grid has to go up against Baal to complete it.

I wonder if this makes Pagma's Successor the most difficult of all classes to complete. Not only did Grid have to go from the bottom of tailoring all the way up to craftsman with no help (I think he made a legendary underwear to break the barrier like Khan did to reach legendary?), but his final quest is one that requires him to compete with an enemy just below the absolute gods.

The class quests for Pagma's Successor are like the peak difficulty for both production and combat aspects of the game.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    LayZhang likes this.
  6. MK bk-201

MK bk-201 [God of Novels]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i think all legendary classes are peak difficulty since Demon slayer has to cleanse all hells, but we dont know much of other legendary classes quests

Grid has already far surpassed Pagma, but how about Baal contractor Pagma?, Grid got the Pagma eyes Baal contractor version early on but he was supposed to get it much later and the title Duke of fire was supposed to give Grid demonic power even if he didint have it before so was Pagma sucessor supposed to be evil or corrupted?, the petrified holy sword its another point to consider. Even when he needed to get the 4 gods blessing he still is somewhat related to Baal, maybe he was supposed to make a deal with Baal to increase his fighting power like Pagma and in exchange he would liberate Pagma soul since he has a new toy OR at a later point Pagma sucessor was supposed to help Agnus making him items.

7. WhatIf Overgeared

WhatIf Overgeared New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This might be too late to argue about but....
    What if the author, greed/grid decided to make a painting for Irene by Piccasso and it also became an 'Extremely Honorable Painting' where Irene is the protagonist?

It might be possible for Irene(who is an NPC that aged 3x faster than the player) to also obtain a skill with a save point concept where if she aged in 60s or older she can use it to bring back her young, healthy, and strong body back or her age when the painting was made.
    If we are talking about the reputation of the protagonist of the extremely honorable painting, we all know that Irene was loved, respected, and honored by all players and NPC (except for the Yatan Church who brings suffering and fear to Irene) who saw here or knew here existence as a Queen and Mother of Overgeared Kingdom and as Irene herself.

It might seem imposible for Piccasso who had made him/her 1st Extremely Honorable Painting for the 1st time in 177 years and have a chance of 0.0000000001% to make one again but still for our Queen Irene to stay with greed/grid until they grow old together and lived happily.

8. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yura has to defeat Baal, so does Grid to regain Pagma's soul. But Yura doesn't need to become a legendary production master. I guess her class is harder to obtain, so maybe it all balances out somehow.

She has deity and stopped aging. She's good to go.

LayZhang and WhatIf Overgeared like this.
  9. Muteki Reader

Muteki Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how powerful splendor & chop skill that it become final quest reward?

10. Yggdrassil

Yggdrassil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So were preparing for a seige like the behen archipelago but now with better defenses all damage kinda tanky type legendaries and soon to be one and less madra?
    The final gate boss gonna be Grid,Braham and kraugel will be epic.
    Sealing hellgao to a sword is fun but I do want to see astaroth in a sword made out of Adamantium, thunder stone, Blue dragons breath and greed as a joke O.P sword in a format of Grid got the mental domain due to the Grace,Holiness and Magnificence of the Great Astaroth..

Splendor is like a flash type skill kinda like the light elemental if I remember it correctly and chop is a instant hard damage type one

Muteki Reader and LayZhang like this.
  11. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Sword of selfless aspiration? Which one is that? New?
    Also, did Grid just tried to call a great demon's soul?

12. MK bk-201

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he did, its the enlightment sword

blaisemNU and LayZhang like this.
  13. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have question about previous chapter, the blacksmithing that got combined with tailoring, does it still have levels or has it been maxed out ?

I am asking because it may have been hidden nerf and pretty HUGE one, since if its maxed out then it blocks blacksmithing from further growth what is more if I didnt missunderstand something new skill grants LOWER bonuses, for example: [Blacksmith’s Skill Comparable to a God Lv. 1] has All stats of a production item will increase by 40%, the "upgrade" has 30% for same, also myth production added 30 to stats the "upgrade" adds 20 to stats. I know that skill grants grid some new possibilities but it has also potentially seriously nerfed potential growth in the long run

FonsyMN, MK bk-201 and LordDanny like this.
  14. 25th bam

25th bam Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "All sword dances, except for <Sky> and <Dragon>, can be fused without restrictions"

Can someone plz explain to me what does this mean?coz I am confused thinking of 2 ways:

1. Grid will be able to fuse more than 5 sword dances(like ten single sword dances fused together).

2. Or Grid has link,transcend,wave ,restraint, kill, pinnacle,revolve,flower,drop and (chop and splendor after quest completion) so 11 single sword dance. So grid can create double,tripple,four,five &possibly more fusion sword dances as he select a pair from above 11 single sword dances.
    Ie. Atleast 11C2+ 11C3+11C4+11C5 = 1012 fused sword dances.
    (I know..I know..I am an idiot coz no way that is gonna happen.)

FonsyMN and blaisemNU like this.
  15. Aristes

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, my assumptions will be that without restrictions means that Grid's restriction such as physical backlash, numbers of steps needed to perform dances and don't know, even the falling moon sword's restriction in swings would be ignored.

Okay, if Grid were able to call a soul, does this mean he could reach out to someone, say... Khan? Though I hope that Grid would only calls him for a closure with Khan and for encouragement.

16. 25th bam

25th bam Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, but that way I dont think the rewards will be up to the quest difficulty level also I don't remember that grid suffered any physical backlash from his swordsmanship that open potential hasn't been used on and after reading chiyou's secret grid is already using sword dances without footwork.

Well I assume grid probably can't summon khan soul coz i think granting ego skills only works for the souls that has been wondering either trapped in hell Or on ground (like iyagrut trapped in a item) and not for the ones that has gotten rest and is in heaven. But yeah it would be nice if grid could summon khan and hear his last words.
    Anyways it will be cool if grid could somehow summon seven malignant saints souls or even better bentao's soul.

17. MK bk-201

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think so. The restrictions were mainly the number of times it can create sword dances like he only could create 5 sword dances proportial to the number of divinity and the number of 4 sword dance of less based in the level of Grid´s sword dance, after the quest is done he could mix his sword dances as much he want. Hopefully since he will have over 100 new sword dances he will use the skill synthesis.
    I would love a CC like Restraint Drop Wave Splendor Kill or Restraint Drop Dragon Splendor Wave

Originally some sword dances like kill used half of his maximum stamina, linked kill if hited the max number of times used up all his stamina or pinnacle kill making him suffer 4,500 hp are the only backlash i can think of

18. MK bk-201

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow so Grid underwear from now on can have magic, ego and its atleast epic rated and make myth rated underwear

19. godowsky

godowsky Member

Reading List:
    Link
    at least epic growth yes , he can now willingly make items growth and grant them egos, though his advanced ego creation seems to have remained a separate skill and was not fused.

20. blaisemNU

blaisemNU Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid can also combine tailoring with blacksmithing, so in theory he should be making better base products. If, say, he makes products that combine blacksmithing and cutting to achieve a 25% improvement over his old skill level, then a 40% improvement on top of it would be a total 75% increase, which is maybe too large. So it was reduced from 40% to 30%. That's why I don't think this aspect is necessarily a nerf. He has a hidden buff in that adding cutting skill will increase the stats anyways.

As for the stat nerf for mythic items, this was always the case as Grid leveled up his blacksmithing. Remember in the beginning he used to get that many stat points for a legendary item! His long-term growth from crafting has always slowed down as his skills improved. So this part is consistent.

The one thing I do feel like might be a nerf is that he can't impart permanent soulless egos into his items anymore. This means he's a god-level blacksmith but can't do something that even dwarves can do.

Obviously imbuing a real ego is much stronger, but for simple items like his Greed hands, having a base ego always available is much better than always needing to negotiate with an npc spirit to jump in, since breaking down the Greed hands every time to release the npc spirit would be a huge inconvenience. This means if Grid ever upgrades the Greed mineral again, he won't be able to give the new hands a permanent soulless ego :(

Wait, in the MTL, it read to me like he had lost his advanced ego creation altogether. Do you mean he might still be able to imbue soulless egos like he used to?

Wait we've already seen these skills? I can't see them in the Wiki. Where are they from? Would like to know more about these final skills.