Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great chapter as usual.

Raising affinity with Suzaku can actually be super op. Just imagine using different species king contract with him. The problem of course is sacred beasts has already lost once (you lose your power if the contracted being dies) and Grid will probably use it on Marie Rose. Still, it is an amazing possibility. On that note, I wonder what would have happened if Grid used it on Hexetia who he has a high affinity with. I think Rebecca would probably order Hexetia to cancel the contract.

Also, I am surprised that there aren't many skills like shunpo among the player base, especially for short range distances. Blink skill, short distance teleport etc. should all work. Also here's a skill from chapter 173.

"Bubat fixed his gaze on Grid and moved a few steps with skillful footwork. He narrowed the distance to 3m and used a skill.
    "Bull Headbutt!”
    Bull Headbutt was the Crusher’s unique skill and had a higher concept than Blink magic. He leapt through space itself, so he could approach the target no matter what obstacles were in his way."

Tell me if this sounds familiar. Though it might have been retconned as just a few lines later Grid resists rigid state which affected death knight Madra despite his standard legend resistance against abnormal states. Btw, does ring of absurdity work on shunpo's stamina cost?

2. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering about the Ring of Absurdity with respect to Sunpo, but it wasn't mentioned.

1164 (Round 2)

Pungsa has caught sight of you as you stand over Hangyeol's corpse (Hangyeol => what I called Han Jie). Wonder who Pungsa is. Probably a Yangban senior.

Got the "Half God Killer" achievement for killing Hangyeol. Deity Stat +1
    (too bad it doesn't mention any perks)

[★ Note ★ Your knight Dante has formed a hostile relationship with the Hwan Kingdom.] -
    ehh??? At least that isn't rebellion against Overgeared. But how'd he manage that?

The prospect of one of Grid's knights rebelling against him was kinda more interesting.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Muteki Reader and Ruler4u like this.
  3. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure Garam was talking to some important guy also for your next post isn’t it just grid mask?

4. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but I wasn't sure who it was exactly. Qiu or something. Dude feels different from your typical gods.

5. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    A qilin Maybe or Pangea's big hero?

6. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Storm incarnation is pretty surprising, didn't expect it to transform like that, looks like these transformations are a lot more unique than I initially thought

I wonder what else transformed

Berith's alchemy probably didn't, but Belial's changes in her darkness and illusions would be kinda hard to predict

Skeletons might not have changed, since it's a summon, but I wonder how many of the vampire skip a changed aside form Tiramet and probably hunger guy since it would be a good excuse to strengthen it

7. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    *random* I was skimming through earlier parts of Overgeared:

Chapter 589

"You aren’t acting as a cute kid.” Kasim felt both admiration and regret that Lord was growing up much faster than his peers. “Please receive this. It’s a reward since you always study so hard.”

"Uh! I’m so happy.”

This child was so pure. Kasim felt guilty when he saw Lord’s happy tears.

‘I’ll have to give him more gifts so he can get used to it.’

In retrospect, Lord never even received a birthday cake. It was inevitable since Grid was always absent. How big was his father’s vacancy? Kasim pledged to become a teacher that would fill this vacancy and smiled.

“I will give Father this necklace. I hope this necklace will always protect my father.”

“You...you are very special.”​

Grid, that douche. Not even getting his kid a birthday cake. Never giving him presents so that Lord's not even used to receiving presents... Sad state of affairs.

---

Also, Ruby's skills from destroying Belial's soul:

[Denial]

Your divine power isn’t obtained from believing in the gods. It is a unique power that is built up because of the people’s worship.

In this world created by the gods, only you can deny god.

* When fighting creatures made by gods (great demons, angels, demigods, etc), all your stats will rise and your skill power will rise. You can give them eternal rest.
    The interesting parts, considering recent events are that her power is like that of the Red Phoenix (and Grid maybe), in that it's centered in people's worship - and is thus an alternate (perhaps more pure) route to divinity.

The other interesting stuff... I hadn't really noticed the first time that Great Demons counted as creations of gods. I thought Yatan empowered the Great Demons. Not that he made them outright.

Which also makes you wonder... What benefits can Ruby get for permanently snuffing out the soul of an archangel, and maybe even a God?

Another minor concern... Is Hangyeol not completely dead? Is he like a dead Great Demon that hasn't been whacked by Ruby? Pathetically waiting to reincarnate somehow?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    aqua55 and Ruler4u like this.
  8. Ruler4u

Ruler4u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid is a blacksmith and The baby sword is kinda counted as one. Maybe he still waiting lord to grow up that he can handle some big weapons, Lord's first class is still unknown so it's kinda pointless to build class specific items. But yeah lord's skills at 15 y/o is atleast near maximum due to troll items and that's the best gift grid can offer till 15.

9. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't this the exact reason the Satisfy team hesitated on allowing the child system for Grid. Child neglect in favour of advancing in the game. Every hundred chapters or so he does the equivalent of taking Lord for McD's and a movie,

aqua55 and LordKarsus like this.
  10. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    It's barely even at the level of taking a kid to McDonald's.
    One's relationship with one's kid can't be about "I'll make you x equipment when you're suited to it."

I'm sure Grid has sex with Irene more than he hangs out with Lord. And the kid is super adorable.

aqua55, Ruler4u and dereonlad like this.
  11. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never liked the idea of Lord. The only way Lord's existence can be redeemed is if OG runs for at least another 500 chapters(doubt it) and Lord becomes an adult. But because of the power scaling there's no way a late teens Lord can contend with an upper tier transcendent.

I've always wondered whether the change in Grid's personality was a real world pivot, because the Weed clone stuff wasn't it or it was a planned narrative decision.

Ruler4u likes this.
  12. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean not like his mom or auntie are better they can make cake too

LordKarsus and Ruler4u like this.
  13. Ruler4u

Ruler4u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right its better to have more bonding time. it's cruel for a child not have enough better days but the way it is; its the best way atleast. Lord needs to learn it at an early age even if it's a cruel path,go on a adventure learn new things and make your own path. Grid pushed lord in a place of a player(without even realizing) who have much freedom and have own beliefs in which can never be corrupted. It's a better path than the princes of the empire or any other princes of the west that has been educated, most of the time well treated and trained ending up somewhat lacking,Arrogant or being corrupted.
    Forge the heart, body, soul as they say to reach unimaginable levels.
    Grid taught lord of what's the most important thing even if grid Lacking in presence the Will and Heart(not the skill).just to add grid's idea of gifting was his made items based on Kraugel,overgeared members and npc's.(excluding Irene)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    dereonlad likes this.
  14. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm moderately sure that we'll see Lord turn out epic. I'm pretty much expecting him to be epic the second his restrictions are lifted at being 15. Even as a 5 year old, who was under Level 100, he could do decent damage to a Level 300+ opponent, and might well have ruined her if not for having most of his damage snuffed out by the level difference.

But anyway, Lord is mostly a humanizing element. Or would be at least.

A lot of this Wuxia heroes end up not interacting much with their kids.

"And his sons were sucked into a time vortex.... Came back as adults who had been raised by a great sage" - no parenting required. Problem solved! Now they can just be his loyal soldiers instead! lol

Ruler4u likes this.
  15. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid actually became a much better parent over time though that doesn't say much given how bad the starting point is. Grid, occasionally had Lord join him while he was making items, was there with him during Yatan Church's invasion of Vatican, was the only person who told him to care about his happiness instead of constant studying during chapter 714 or smt etc. In the last 100 chapters or so Grid started holding regular picniques with his family in various hunting grounds. Especially after recognizing Mercedes' feelings and realizing that Irene is getting older, he drastically increased the amount of time he spends with his family. Finally, if it wasn't for Grid and the power of misunderstanding, Rebecca's Daughters wouldn't become Lord's friends/girlfriends. Overall he could do much worse.

Regarding his role in the story, the author has teased his future far too many times for him to remain a background character. In different places, the author called him the future overlord, repeatedly mentioned his 7 teachers (with the seventh one probably being Braham), kept talking about how intelligent the child is (Madra/Mumud tier in intelligence which is above the Kraugel/Muller tier), his various abilities (ffs he learned lantier's techniques, has a divine power which makes an archangel look unimpressive to Rebecca's elders, trained by a sword saint in swordsmanship and will possibly learn legendary magic by braham). He also can hunt in Galgunos temple so his current strength is already over the average overgeared guild member. Moreover after seeing Agnus and Mumud, Lord decided to become a person who will heal the wounds of others and did exactly that with Kasim. I would be very surprised if he doesn't become one of the main characters later on. He'l probably help mumud but I am less sure about Agnus since he will probably be helped by Euphemina.

Finally the first father title Grid has is actually quite decent.
    When you are in a party with your child, all of your stats will increase by 8%.
    If the child’s health drops below 30%, the passive skill ‘Father’s Instinctive Love’ will be activated, increasing movement speed by 80% for 20 seconds and resetting skill cooldown.

Think about how happy Grid got after divinity was enhanced and how much he likes God's command. This title resets the cooldown time of all of his skills. I think the cooldown time of divinity would be reset as well. With his attack power and the struggle skill, God knows how much damage he'll inflict.

16. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also random, great demons have too much health. Like wtf. You remember when Kraugel used heart sword on Berith and inflicted 290,000,000 million damage while Berith's health was around 40%? Heart sword shaves off 10% of the remaining health which in this case should be 4% of Berith's total health. If you multiply 290,000,000 times 25 you can get the actual health of Berith which becomes 7,250,000,000. I remember the times when Baal's health was estimated to be around 2 billion. The author will have to do a major retcon since this number makes no sense. Like should I really believe Kirinus and Rachel, both of whom are supposed to be equal to one another in combat strength and about equal with sword duke Limit and a bunch of rankers inflicted 3.6 billion damage before Grid arrived on the scene? By the time Grid arrived, Berith's health was about 50%. The math is just off and the author should retcon it.

LordKarsus likes this.
  17. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect that the Lord setup was done when the author might've been planning to have the story run longer. From the recent pace of things, it feels like he's trying to end it as fast as possible.

Like with the Red Phoenix Bow restoration. The enhanced phoenix breath could've been worth 3 or 5 regular ones. But no, it's 10. So the bow should be restored in the next 10 chapters, in turn restoring the Phoenix God to full power.

Granted, that does leave 3 other gods to restore, but Grid really only needs to defeat one more Yangban to get all the breaths he needs to restore all of the sacred beasts to full power, if he can steal their weapons.

So, if all the sacred beasts were back at full power within 50 chapters, and completely upending the game balance, as well as terrorizing the Yangban... It would not be surprising.

I'm half expecting them to end up semi-merging with Grid. Turning Grid into the ultimate servant of humanity God.

Hopefully not, of course. Definitely a good chance that he becomes their combined avatar, and at least well above the level of a Garam style Yangban.

Ruler4u likes this.
  18. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel is this?

19. dereonlad

Reading List:
    Link
    His health is deteriorating right? It's better to chop off a couple storylines now than to get fed up and rush an ending with a 30 chapter arc 200 chapters from now. Or even worse commit an atrocity like Five Way Heaven.

20. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No end to elves story:
    1. Grid VS Kir, information about 2 vilages.
    2. Grid VS Kyle, alliance with elves.
    Where are information and quest with male/female elves.