Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Braham didn't make him a lich, that was Agnus. Braham killed Mumuds out of jealousy

2. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No he made him a Lich

dereonlad likes this.
  3. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems to have been a love hate relationship. Despite jealousy, Braham kinda wanted to save Mumud. Unfortunately, he did in a crap way that took away all of Mumud's joy of living (and chance of being with his love).

And then on top of everything Agnus took control of Mumud. So that's some extra suckage.

--

I'm surprised that the Mumud quest has not been resolved yet. Didn't Euphemina already help Agnus with his goal?

I suppose it'd be better for Braham himself to be there at the resolution of that quest. I think Mumud also only got released up to Level 400 or so when their quest comes up, so it should be survivable... Unless Agnus' level rising means that Mumud's limiters are also released.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  4. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emotional tension has been flattened because of how much time has gone past without resolution. Same about Oasis gaining Undefeated King class. Don't even care anymore just give Grid everything. Or Jishuka, or the intrigue surrounding Faker's non-participation for team Canada. It's been too many chapters and it's difficult to really care.

Ruler4u, LordKarsus and luckyman89 like this.
  5. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be kinda nice if Braham helped Agnus fix his doll, and in return Agnus freed Mumud. And then they could have some crying goodbyes - and Mumud could live on through his heir / descendant.

I'm 95% sure that everyone is getting a Happy Ever After at the end of this story.

Ruler4u and dereonlad like this.
  6. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The deal with Mumud is no one knew the full extent of his talent except Braham since he intercepted Mumud's achievements. So far we know that he has systematized and created magic101, his water attribute magic uses the surrounding mana in nature similar to how Grid's enlightenment sword uses the surrounding mana in creating hellfire (though the former should also use the caster's mana as well) and his rainbow looking magic is a combination of 7 different attributes at the same time. If people like Biban were fully informed then they might have placed the both in the same tier. So I more or less see him as the magic equivalent of Madra albeit with a much tragic life and a frail body.

I think Euphemina's goal changed after she met with Agnus. Instead of liberating just Mumud, she wants to help Agnus as well. This is why Grid got jealous and became angry at her. Euphy says all these stuff about getting stronger to support him but then why is she making all these personal sacrifices just for a man who doesn't want to be helped or saved? Since Braham is likely to be there seeing the conclusion of Mumud quest, it has indeed dragged on for quite some time now. In addition, I expect Euphemina to help Agnus with his mental health problems and it is too early for that.

Regarding other people's quests, I think it is mainly to show that others are having their quests and gameplay instead of just repetitive grinding. Thus I don't think the author intended them to have an emotional punch. Feats are used for that purpose. Jishuka having a greater damage output than Grid is a start but the real emotional impact will be felt in the national tournament if it's going to be felt at all. Faker's participation with national tournament isn't his main thing. During Veradin's attack, Kasim offered to teach Lantier's skills to Faker and told him it was up to him to become a legend and surpass Kasim and Doran. He has to become a legend and accomplish feats for him to have an emotional effect.

Also Yura is op. I thought Kraugel would stomp everyone with the exception of Zibal who could last for a while with his raiders but Yura actually stands a decent chance in pvp now. She has a hell summoning skill which lasts for a minute. During this time she becomes a transcendent while her opponent suffers a strong debuff to his agility, attack power, defense and resource regeneration. As long as she has strong pvp damage skills she should shine. Light elemental works against dark beings while light of destruction can only be used on demonkin. I really don't want another shounen women moment where she keeps complaining about being Sakura.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Lmaster likes this.
  7. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw what happened to Lantier's corpse? Why isn't Agnus using it? I expected it to be a case like Mumud where he can access more and more of his stats/levels as he grows up but so far he has not used the death knight even once to my knowledge. Perhaps this is related to his level loss after becoming legend and there is requirement like he needs to reach fourth advancement before using legendary grade corpses or a certain amount of dominance.

8. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He can’t use more than 1 legendary corpse at the same time so far and mumud stronger it seems

9. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mumud's status was always a big question mark for me. On the one hand, Mumud's descendant class starts at legendary rating. On the other hand, "[Control Mumud and fight against the Legendary Great Magician Braham. Give Mumud the title of a new legend.] (C. 661)" implies Mumud, especially as a lich, is not a legendary grade corpse yet. Personally, I think the latter is correct. Also there are many instances where Mumud was destroyed. Like he could have used Lantier against Fenrir. So the question still stands.

10. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was before he upgraded Baal's contractor to legendary and obtained Demon World Noble third class.

BigDaddy likes this.
  11. Lmaster

Lmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (sorry for my bad english, i am learning, if there is any mistake, please let me know if possible, so i can correct it. ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯)

Well, it's hard to know Mumud's real strength, but I know that Braham knows both Mumud and Madra, Mumud was compared to Lord and Muller during the novel, but at no time was he compared to Madra, always with Muller and once with Lord, and I think that in terms of talent, even Lord is not on the same level as Madra.
    Madra is seen as a variant that should never exist, I am a fanboy of Madra (hahaah), so it is suspicious that I comment on him, but he never lost for anything, it is passed during the novel that he was totally invincible and never experienced defeat , that's why I put him above Lord and Mumud, it was shown in the series that Lord and Mumud has limitations just like any other individual, Mumud had a legendary teacher and died to a disease without being able to heal and did not become a legend, Lord it was shown to have limits and to depend on others since he has a maximum level limit for being a child, but Madra, it was not shown if he had a teacher or even if he had those limits or not as a child, but Lubana was in constant war with the Empire
    So, he probably had to fight since he was a child and even then he was not defeated, just as he had a passive that was superior to the legends, where he was immune to any negative status, even physical ones, so that he could be invincible and not lose by cause of a variable.

"Legendary characters resisted all conditions except for 'states that occurred due to physical force' and 'states that ignore resistance.' Yes, strictly speaking, it wasn't perfect. But Madra was different. In order to not be defeated, the precondition of blocking any variables was necessary. Thus, he had the unique ability of 'perfect' status resistance among all the legends. In terms of safety, he was superior to Sword Saint Muller's Super Sensitivity. " (C. 691)
    I see Madra as a guy who was totally out of common sense even as a child, after all if he was never defeated in life, then he was totally hidden as a child to protect himself or he was already an unrestricted monster since he was young and defeated everything, and I even suspect his death, after all, how is a legend killed by poisoning?
    I see Madra as a poor man, he is a monster with infinite potential but who had to be stuck in the same place, because if he left Lubana to destroy the Empire, who would protect Lubana in his absence? he was practically a man against the world, his people couldn't do anything, just imagine you are ridiculously strong and his people have no strength to support you, if you leave the place your people will be killed, but if you stay, the enemy will never be defeated, and your people remain weak compared to you and always depending on you to survive until the day of your death, and you as the king have a responsibility to protect them, I see Lubana as being a chain that held Madra to be "mediocre" compared to what he could be, one of my biggest doubts in the series is, how did Madra's death happen? he is immune to all things, he was seen as a super strategist, he was a king and invincible, so how is it said that he believed he would live forever, even with white hair, how did he not realize he was going to die? or how was he poisoned or did he not notice the assassination attempt and the conflict of his people? For someone treated as invincible, this was a very strange death and gives me the feeling that I did not understand something or that something is missing in this story.
    Well, as I say at the beginning, I'm a fanboy of Madra so I may be valuing him too much and in fact he is on the same level of talent as Mumud and Lord, well I don't know hahah, but I would love to see him again in the novel, even though just being an Ego in some Griid item.

Muteki Reader, LordKarsus and aqua55 like this.
  12. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

The East Continent was split between four great kingdoms. Each rich and powerful and difficult for any of the others to unseat. And Karas was the transit capital of the four kingdoms.

As Garam walked in, people prayed to him that they find better lives, but Garam was focused only on the palace. There was an unwritten rule that the ruling families of the four kingdoms not be harmed. A rule he planned to break today.

'Grid... Grid... Grid!!!!'

His fine tooth comb positioned his hair over where his ear had been... Where Grid had cut it off.

He would never forgive King Cho for supporting Grid, no matter how many people tried to save him.

Whoosh!!!!!

A pillar of fire rose up from the palace and reached the sky, parting the clouds and coloring the blue sky with the glow of the sun.

“....?”

Garam didn't understand what he was seeing. He denied that it was a sign of "What can't be!"

But he quickly came to his senses.

"You can't go any further"

Never once since he had become an object of faith had this happened. The forces of the palace stood in his way, stopping his advance.

"The more the warmth grows, the more faithful you become to your instincts"

Garam laughed. He knew what this warmth was. This was the power of Suzaku long sealed, awakened.

"Stay where you are!"

Garam ignored them and continued moving forward.

Swords and spears that had been used to worship the Yangban were now pointed at him. It meant that the spirit of the people had awakened. In the depths of their genes and their souls, they felt the presence of their forgotten god. And they knew, that Garam was their enemy.

"You guys!!!"

Garam didn't hide his anger. He felt that some of the power of faith that had been coming to him had suddenly been pulled from him. And to the subjects of this city who pulled their faith away from him, he showed his true self.

"You have lost the reason for your existence. You will face my wrath, and you will perish."

God had spoken. And Garam who had become a god, would not take back his words.

The world turned white. Flames born of the power of Suzaku burned the people. The power of the god they wanted to worship would be what destroyed them.

Garam looked at them with a cruel smile as fire burst from in front of his eyes, barely giving the soldiers a chance to scream as they were burned to ash.

Dozens of houses and entire streets were filled with fire. It became a scene of Hell.

"Trivial humans. Do you know why you are alive today? It is because I Garam let you live. For I have always had the power to destroy you, and yet I have held my hand."

“Ugh ....”

A man felt himself choking from the horror, and others soiled themselves. The disgusting reality of a being they had worshipped as a god was not easy to accept.

"That's some crazy bitch!", some players commented.

They had lived with the multinational people of Karas and heard stories of the Yangban. But this was not the merciful god they had heard of. This wasn't a god at all. It was a devil!

"Can a god be someone like this?"

It was Hera. She had spent her time with the sick and suffering. And never had she come across a miracle that might seem to be the work of a merciful god.

"Of course, this is a God of Satisfy"

Everyone had heard the epic that mentioned a god in world messages. It was a declaration of war against a god. Was it Grid? Had he learned the truth of the Gods of Satisfy?

Of course, she realized that the gods of the East Continent may be very different from the ones she had relied on in the past. Grid would not tolerate gods like these!

The explosions continued without a break. Karas, stalked by a murderous being they had once considered a god.

“....”

Many players were trembling. They could see a glimpse of the future in Garam's actions. People's howls and cries filled the air. It was like the scene when the Great Demon Berith appeared and destroyed the Kingdom of Rotemon.

The reason people had had hope, was because of the presence of the gods. But here, you could see that the gods could not be trusted to save you. The world in this game was coming to an end.

Why?

Didn't Chairman Lim Chulho create Satisfy to satisfy players' hopes and dreams?

"Ah ...!"

Players opened their eyes to see a mother and daughter in the path of a fireball.

"No!"

Hera moved first, but they were rescued by other players. It was the difference between a healer and the warrior classes.

"Are you trying to die trying to save her? Just focus on healing people instead!"

She couldn't save the whole city. But she could try and save the people in front of her.

Hundreds of players acted to save who they could, but people were dying by the thousands.

"Worthless worms. You will all die today"

It was as if a sea of flame was flowing from Garam's body. A sea that would consume the city as a whole.

Both players and NPCs felt despair. Not a single person saw any hope. And Hera was the same.

She hugged the wounded mother and daughter and kept trying to apply medicine.

'Everyone will die!'

Hera's skin was starting to get hot from the flames.

"Worthless worms? Are you harming them just because of their faith?"

Someone's voice rang from the heavens. A voice so powerful that it seemed to silence the roar of the flames.

Startled, Hera and the other players looked at the sky.

Run!

They could see remnants of lightning in the sky and then...

"200,000 Army Crushing Sword!"

The enormous will spread across the city, crushing the fire in one blow.

"Ah...."

Hera's was shaken. She looked up and saw a fragile looking human vomiting blood after having crushed the fires wrought by a god.

When he came to the ground held by his hands of black gold,

"Godhead"

I became a god to confront a god.

"Super, Concert!"

"Grid!"

The sounds of swords clashing filled the air.

Every time Garam's sword clashed with Grid's the ground shook.

"Oh, no!!"

The players felt their hearts stop.

As soon as Garam finished his preparations, they knew that it would be Grid who fell to the ground.

But their predictions were wrong.

Grid's life was not yet over.

"Super, Live (performance)!"

“....!?”

"Super, Second Tour!"

Grid was being pushed back.

"You!"

'Get out!'

Seeing Garam crazily using the power of the blue dragon as he went after Grid, Hera and the players realized what their role here was.

"Let's get out of here and evacuate the people"

"Okay! Let's go to the palace!"

You have to be the one who makes your hopes and dreams happen. There was no reason to rely on others to begin with.

People who saw Grid fighting a god learned this lesson and gave up their anxiety about the future.

The world would end? No, they could change it!

Chairman Lim Chul-Ho would have known that. He would have believed in people's spirit and ability to overcome the harshest obstacles.

“Hurry up!”

Hera and the other players carried the wounded with all their strength.

Some of Garam's followers tried to block their way. But they fell.

Like Grid, they too would do the best they could.

As for Mumud, he may never have become a real legend in his own right. Partly because Braham stole his accomplishments and they were thus attributed to Braham - increasing Braham's legend rather than Mumud's.

13. Ruler4u

Ruler4u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The damn naming of skills got me good!

LordKarsus likes this.
  14. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Garam, bard in disguise battles grid by singing a song

Ruler4u likes this.
  15. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The yangban need to have a more interesting psychology, motivation or something that will redeem them. Other than Hanul, who is supposed to be somewhat compassionate, the expelled gods and their descendants have so far been extremely unreasonable. Being evil for the sake of being evil seldom makes interesting villains. Garam is no different than a great demon at this point. Treats people as livestocks (through deification), butchers them for pleasure and is turning human kingdoms into "hell" by burning everything. Like he doesn't have to be morally gray or empathizable, I'm just asking for interesting villains.

What's with the yangbans and their weird skills names. Don't tell me Pagma developed his sword dances while dancing to all these musicians and songwriters among his peers. Nope, that is not an image I want in my mind.

Braham keeps saying even being as cautious and powerful as he is, Pagma was still able to backstab and kill him. Madra by contrast was an old and frail man at that point and he was killed by his son, presumably someone he trusted. Also when Madra is equally talented as Mumud doesn't mean he'd lose to Mumud. I doubt the latter studies all aspects of war and martial arts like Madra did and he would have had a much weaker body even if he wasn't sick.

16. Muteki Reader

Muteki Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The one who killed madra is his son.

17. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    That was some sad, garbage shit, that should've been impossible. It's kinda like Pagma killing Braham. Apparently stats don't matter when the story demands that you die.

Otherwise, even if you got a critical hit in on Madra, so what?

aqua55 likes this.
  18. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Braham's death was more illogical. I assumed madra's stats to be in decline due to old age like dante's stats. Braham has repeatedly emphasized that Pagma and other legends/humans were helpless in front of time. So Madra was probably way past his prime (though he'd still have to be strong enough to singlehandedly repel the empire). Also we don't know how strong his son is.

I always wondered why Braham never tried to become a transcendent. It seems he's the perfect person to be one. Like he's scholarly, couldn't care less about the others etc. If Biban and Jessica could do it he should've been able to become one as well. He'd still have been killed but his mortality wouldn't have bothered him.

Also, I get the feeling that player vs npc/player/boss fights are more like rpg fights while npc vs npc/boss monsters fights are like real fights. Am I the only one who gets this impression?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Muteki Reader likes this.
  19. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

I might write more later, but generally...

Gods tend to walk around all cool and ethereal in long and seemingly grand movements. Grid can kinda do this, but he finds it stupid. It's also really hard to maintain that transcendent vibe in a battle when you have to tie your attacks together.

But that's not as much of a problem for someone who is actually starting to realize his Godhood.

So now, Garam and Grid are fighting. Garam is confident and unleashes the power of the sacred beasts. He notices Suzaku's power rising in the background, potentially benefiting him as he has mastery over Suzaku's power.

Grid, I think uses multiple 4x4 sword fusions, and Garam is hurt. He has to try and heal, but Grid is chaining powerful attacks and it's hard to switch between the powers of the sacred creatures, or express multiple of them at a high level at the same time.

And then Grid uses Incarnation Storm.

Garam notices that it includes the power of Suzaku and thinks he can absorb it to heal himself faster. But it backfires and he takes on even more damage.

So he starts using the power of poison against Grid... But where Grid's armor is taking damage, he doesn't realize that Grid himself isn't getting poisoned.

And Grid apparently has mana potions enough to just keep the Incarnation Storm running for a good 40 min - with the guys improving the remaining time to 56 min.

Garam is thinking that Grid is the challenge that will let him rise to becoming a true God. And so he's happy about the whole thing... But it's ultimately going sideways. He realizes that Grid is denying the Death God's vow of death (poison)... Sneaky bugger.

Even so, Garam questions whether despite all these tricks and seeming to get the upper hand in many engagements, whether Grid really thinks that he can win and possibly kill Garam.

And Grid says honestly that he hasn't believed that he can win alone against Garam...

The chapter ends with a final clash between Garam and Grid... Garam's power is broken by Grid using one of Mercedes' powers.

One wonders... If Grid kills Garam, will he gain the ability to use the sacred breaths like a Yangban?

If one reinforced breath can halfway restore a near dead Suzaku, then what will having the equivalent of let's say 20 White Tiger breaths do for Grid, if he can directly use their power? .. even before he has the other sacred weapons.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  20. Muteki Reader

Muteki Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Player vs others is like rpg probably because the system restricted the player ability like attack speed unless they are transcendent player while npc don't have the restrictions put on them. Npc can go all out against another npc depending on their rating & that make it look more real. What if Undefeated King absolute immunity is only apply in battle? Because he is 'Undefeated' in battle, but not while eating/sleeping. Or maybe because his stat or legend became weak. Being transcendent doesn't mean they immortal, but they can live longer than others probably. So, even transcendent can still die when killed.