Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid can make with all 4 if he will learn Dwarf Skill as change mode of Alex's gun.
    +1. question - wind and lightning are one element like water and ice or different? Hooded Zip-Up has attribute, it helps with lightning skills or not?

2. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Day 2 of the 5th International Competition.

There were 129 players in 13 events, but the viewers only cared about 4: Yura, Jishuka, Chris, and Kraugel. Yura especially.

The Chinese team had a perfect plan. It moved stealthily towards the Korean team. And then, the world went black. The Blood Moon of Hell rose, and... There were bullet holes in the heads of each of the Chinese players, as they fell to the ground.

WTF!

The commentators notice the Blood Moon and its thousands of eyes, but the main four... Are they looking at the Chinese players? Viewing everything from above like a satellite to give Yura perfect information for her kill shots?

Obviously, unlike Kraugel who was great in one on ones. Yura was better suited to a battle situation with multiple opponents.

... But what was Grid good at? ....... People missed seeing Grid. Last year's Demon King had been too epic! People wanted more!!!

Now, they'd have to see how well Damian held up to Grid's legacy.

Grid experienced enlightenment. By perfectly controlling how he breathed and worked he could improve his performance.

The two breaths were combined in 27 seconds. Faster than the theoretical maximum speed possible.

“Hou…!”

Grid finally let go of his breath. He felt goosebumps all over his body.

[Complete <Breath of the White Tiger>]

During the Blacksmithing, Grid had realized that merging the two breaths was fundamentally impossible. Even Hexetia himself couldn't do it. It was in their nature to fight and resist.

So, why had Grid succeeded? Because he had the 9th Heart of Suzaku.

'... The breath of the Suzaku sacrificed itself for me.'

The breath of Suzaku that had refused to merge with the breath of Baek-ho (White Tiger) suddenly stopped resisting. It suppressed its flames and allowed Grid to hammer it into the White Tiger Breath. The breath of Suzaku gave up its pride and became subservient to the Breath of the White Tiger.

And then the White Tiger's breath absorbed the Red Phoenix breath. (This almost sounds sad)

Of course, it wasn't a proper fusion, but the White Tiger's breath had become stronger.

<The breath of the white tiger which has absorbed the breath of the red phoenix>

When in your inventory, you gain 60% Earth Resistance, 20% Fire resistance, 10% health resilience.

Can be used to infuse the power of the White Tiger into an item.

Grid was not disappointed.

'This is not a failure'

The defensive value of armor made with this would exceed Grid's original expectations.

He made round shoulder guards that perfectly fit his arms. The White Tiger's breath fought even harder than before shooting out thorns. But unlike the first time Grid had made a White Tiger sword, he was now far more powerful.

"Hey, quiet down!"

The White Tiger's breath just stopped fighting back under the weight of Greed surrounding it. The combination of Greed and the White Tiger breath took shape. Achieving perfection.

Grid's aim was to create the perfect shoulder guards (pauldrons) of a King... Ones that would last him the rest of his life.

Shiho, dereonlad, aqua55 and 4 others like this.
  3. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The chapter raises many questions. I wonder if this hell moon is similar if not identical to the one in Behen Archipelago? Kraugel can be good at everything. He just needs to create a powerful AoE sword skill if he wants to be good at fighting multiple opponents. Since we don't know what type of creation skill is associated with the demon slayer class it is hard to judge the nature of Yura's class.

The question about Grid is why didn't he produce shoulder guards and leg guards before and how is the fact that he didn't create those is different than Grid not creating other types of items like a helmet? Also I am curious if Grid's equipment will completely nullify damage at some point? Tiramet's belt reduces the damage taken by 15% and so does the epic rated Fenrir's cloak. That's 30% reduction in damage. Valhalla reduces physical and magic damage by 40% while holy light armor reduces magic by 50%. Even without his op defense, Grid should be reducing most of the damage he takes thanks to his items. I wonder what would have happened if Grid wore Kruger's pants (also reduces all damage taken by 40%. Faker uses it) in addition to the armor. That would be 110% damage reduction (let's treat it as 100%). Like would he be invulnerable to physical and magical damage provided that his items are not destroyed?

Since most of the skills associate with white tiger breath have been created by the leg guards it'll be interesting to see how this item can top the leggings. If it wasn't for the last sentence (Grid wanting to create shoulder guards that will last for a life time) I might have expected a growth item. Or maybe it'll be a growth item and Grid will use the stone on it. But if that's the case this item should be game breaking. Like it should be enough to make even the single digit great demons curse Pagma's descendant class. At the bare minimum, the item will contain Greed (a super material that is much greater than pavranium which in turn is greater than adamantium), a fused version of two enhanced byproducts of gods and if the magic stone is used I can't even imagine the end result.

By the way, why hasn't Grid waited for Braham to improve Greed before making his items?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    aqua55 and LordKarsus like this.
  4. Ruler4u

Ruler4u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like the qualifications of the main guild are
    •Top Ranker
    •Trustworthy
    •Absolute Player Dominance in the Battlefield(at least 1v100)
    It's exciting to see the effects of the new item..

LordKarsus likes this.
  5. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from the likely time cost for research, it's probably being held back until there's a need for a cool power up.

I'm going to assume that whatever upgrade Braham comes up with, will be retroactively applicable to Grid's existing Greed items. Since, he's not realistically going to make new replacements for everything he's made.

Ruler4u likes this.
  6. Ruler4u

Reading List:
    Link
    The Blue arrogant dragon boots is both a leg guard and a boots ,You'll see it in the cover of its manga.
    I do think now it's for embedding spell to a separate iron form of greed to make new items.

7. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    OG manhua got axed 2 year ago. There is no way manhua artist can draw it before source :sweating_profusely:

8. Lmaster

Lmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My humble opinion that nobody asked, but I will put it here just to see if only I had this doubt in this last chapter that came out.

I just read chapter 1175 and noticed that Grid used 3 Transcended Link Kill Pinnacle right at the beginning, and after remembering the spoilers LordKarsus posted, I was wondering, Grid used Mercedes' Keen Insight only later when he is getting a beating from Garam, wouldn't it be better to have used it right at the start with the 3 Transcended Link Kill Pinnacle and maybe even an Origin true energy and the other buffs?

Grid used one trick at a time and Garan was counterattacking each one, wouldn't it have been better to use everything together and catch Garan in the most unsuspecting state possible from the start? since the Yangban have their talents flourish during a difficult fight and thus become stronger during the fight, i believe that the correct thing would be to go with everything right at the beginning which is the weakest state of Yangban and try to win. I would like to see if there will be any explanation for this, because I felt as if the author did it just to give the feeling of "Mc hits the enemy, the enemy gets stronger and hits the MC, MC decides to use a plot and hits the enemy, enemy awakens hidden power and hits the MC ".

If Grid had the 3 Transcended Link Kill Pinnacle at the time he used Keen Insight, wouldn't he have killed Garan? he probably wouldn’t have missed any hit of the skill and would still have 3x damage from Ecstacy of Desire, even though the activation of Ecstacy of Desire was pure luck and he couldn’t guess it would happen, just by being able to hit it 3 times with the skill without missing any hits along with the Origin True Energy buff and hitting the weak points, wasn't it for Garan to turn to dust?

humm, I just thought about it now, maybe it didn't happen because he would be tired and without skill to defend the city from other enemies? although I still think that the priority there would be to kill Garam, even if he didn’t use everything in the beginning and saved energy and skill which he apparently did, the moment more enemies appear, the skills wouldn’t become irrelevant? because it is better to deal with 1 less Yangban and face the others being in a weakened state than to let Garam grow in battle and have to face him and the other Yangban at the same time having the skills and full of energy, after all if he barely gets along to fight equally with Garan for a short time if he had to face others with him, what are the chances of Grid being able to activate the skills and even being able to attack? he was going to die without using the skills, in this case, he was lucky that his friends showed up to help to insure the other Yagbam, but he could at least have killed Garam solo, and even if the friends don't come by luck, and it was Grid who called them, wouldn't everything have gone bad if it weren't for Braham showing up?

This is my opinion of course, but I may be mistaken and maybe Garam could still survive 3 Transcended Link Kill Pinnacle + Origin + Keen Insight + Ecstacy of Desire, and at the beginning he still hadn't absorbed the faith of the other Yangban and got stronger , I got the feeling that the author did not take full advantage of the potential of Grid at that time just for the sake of plot.

9. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid can only use the origin true energy three times and it only increases one stat.

Ruler4u likes this.
  10. Ruler4u

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the last Chapter 24 of the manga, check the cover, find the description of the boots and items and compare it to the cover. You'll find the answer right away.(it's fun this way, dig deep to the Overgeared universe) :D

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  11. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

Four of the leaders of the exiled Gods, minus Hanul meet in Chiyou's domain. They want to talk about the resurrection of the Red Phoenix. Garam and the other created Gods failed, and thus allowed the resurrection of the Red Phoenix.

Because of that, they've lost the faith from the South. One of them calls Garam and the rest worthless trash. But another points out that even Hanul was chased out of the West Continent, so being defeated is not a mark of inferiority. It is usually an opportunity to grow.

Garam had been talented. But there are more talented ones. Especially the very talented Mir, who they raised up for the battle of the future - to defeat Archangel Rafael.

Anyway, the immediate problem is the re-sealing of the Red Phoenix, and the elimination of the humans who facilitated it.

"I cannot allow you to down there and kill the humans. They have the qualification for the killing"

The Exiled Gods had taken refuge with Chiyou after they were pushed out by the Gods of the West Continent. And it was under the premise of a deal... That they would eventually use their powers to kill him.

If these humans had the potential of killing Chiyou then he would protect them also. And more than that, them having that qualification was also proof that they had the qualifications to become real gods themselves.

"Alright, but we do have to go down to seal the Red Phoenix again."

"I cannot allow that either."

'What?!'

"One of the humans bears the ninth heart of the Red Phoenix. Sealing the Red Phoenix will weaken the human. And I will not allow that."

'What?!!! A human had the Ninth Heart? The Ninth Heart that even they had not been able to take?!!!'

This would all be solved if the human died. They might not be able to go down, but they had agents. Mir especially, who could defeat an Archangel, would be up to the task. Above all else, Mir was a military scholar and strategist, his fighting power was great.

"If a Yangban can kill the one who has qualified for the killing, then he proves that he doesn't have enough potential. And then you should let us go."

"That I can allow. The one qualified must be able to overcome the hump."

Well, then...

Chiyou withdrew and looked far. A bittersweet sound came from him.

'I am here. Come to me. Give me an ending.'

Grid was hammering and stopped.

"Did you just hear that voice?"

But no one had heard it. Not the spirits, and not even Braham. Only Grid had heard that voice... Coming from very far away.

Well anyway, he had to focus on what was in front of him and complete his shoulder guards.

He worked... Much faster than he had before.

Braham looked at Greed. He had been both glad and sad at the passing of Pagma and everything linked to him. Sad because Pavranium was also his work. And he didn't want it lost.

But now, he was happy seeing it again, and improved beyond what had been there before.

"We should call it Gravnium".

'...?'

"The name of the new mineral we will make together from Greed."

“.....”

Braham felt as if his chest had been pierced.

"Is it Gravnium with the G from Grid, and the Ra in Braham?"

"Yes."

A mineral born of us.

He heard his heart beating louder. He barely stopped a smile spreading on his face and shrugged.

"The performance will have to be researched properly until I can really understand how to improve it. It will take a while, months, years. No maybe 10 or a 100 years."

“10 years? 100 years?”

"Yes, don't die until then. Survive to see our work together."

"Then, no matter what. A hundred years.." (which would be 33.33 years in the human world - Grid would be pushing his 60s)

Okay...

Grid frowned at the ridiculous sound Grid made, but that was when the hammering ended. The shoulder guards were complete.

[All Stats +30]

[The power of Cheong-Ho who is a descendant of the White Tiger, increases. He is stronger than ever!]

"Cheong-Ho, you look like you ate a lot today! You're getting big!"

"I will definitely pay you back with a piece of my flesh"

"It's a joke dude. Seriously, congratulations!"

"Thank you..."

And then Grid got on with making equipment for the other spirits. Cheong-Ho could only wear one item, while Tosun could wear two.

And he asked the zodiac spirits to come to him so he could ask them some questions. It was time to move North towards the Kingdom of Xing that kept the <can't make it out> weapon in which the <can't make it out> sacred beast was sealed.

Ruler4u, aqua55, Shiho and 3 others like this.
  12. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally the exiled gods chapter that I was waiting for. While we get many new question we also get a bunch of answers. As I expected 4 seniors can take down the Red Phoenix. They have more followers and an advantage in number so they don't even view it as a super big threat. We also get the answer to the question how could the exiled gods expect yangbans to be useful in a battle against archangels and gods since Braham and a bunch of humans made a short work out of some of the more talented ones (Harang and Garam). Turns out there are even more talented ones and once they become gods they could threaten Raphael. In terms of powerscaling I'd expect Raphael to be near Baal, or at least in the same league as him. As opposed to 33 great demons there are only 7 archangels so it is natural to expect the average archangel to be stronger, and the leader of them should not be any inferior to top great demons.

If I were Grid I'd be a lot more careful now before moving. He doesn't know the constraints on the eastern gods or their full capabilities. They still have many daoist immortals at their disposal in addition to 8 yangbans. They could easily set a trap for him. Also if Garam can spot him from afar, iz subject to vision of the gods and baal one should expect Grid to move much more discretely. Before it was Garam's personal obsession and mere permission from the gods for his hunt. Now, from Grid's point of view, he should expect them to view him as a much bigger threat. He shouldn't casually stroll to another kingdom, especially when the tournament is still ongoing. He might also want to get more allies like the big hero of pangea, the transcendent guy or lee jeong. Well the zodiacs should count for something. Xing kingdom is black tortoise's domain.

So far, the chiyou became the second god to seek death with the first being the one who died due to hydra's poison. He seems like an interesting character so we'll have to wait for his motivations until we can further evaluate him. Hanul's absence is curious.

This chapter also addresses the development of Greed too. That's nice. In addition we get to learn that the shoulder guards are myth rated as well. I assume we didn't get the info on that yet. Also why did Cheong Ho get stronger than ever?

aqua55 and LordKarsus like this.
  13. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems to somehow be linked to Grid making Enhanced White Tiger Breath based Myth level items near him. There was the same message when Grid made his leggings.

Maybe the enhancing of the White Tiger breaths themselves has a strengthening effect on White Tiger related beings - except that if that were the case, you'd have expected the message of Cheong-Ho being strengthened to happen at the point when the new breath is refined.

But considering that Grid's enhanced blacksmithing only works for one item at a time, the enhancement of the breaths likely counts as part of the single overall action. And then you get the status updates after it's complete.

--

It's going to be interesting to see how many other Breaths Grid will enhance with his Red Phoenix breath (not that he has many).

It would have been ideal if Grid made enhanced White Tiger breath based equipment for Cheong-Ho - in the style of his work for Teruchan, where the system built a version of Failure that was optimized for Teruchan himself.

That synergy with something that is maybe enough to restore half of the White Tiger's power, should be enough for a legit boost for Cheong-Ho... Which might also be helpful if Grid wants to take some of these guys with him on the mission to free some of the other Sacred Beasts.

Interesting alternate possibility: What if Grid used Cheong-Ho's own skin and enhanced it, to make armor for him? What if that was what Grid fed a White Tiger breath into?

Ruler4u and aqua55 like this.
  14. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm i would like to see grid revive and second God and kill or fight to an stalemate not can you imagine the fallen God reactions to grid killing stopping Mir?

Btw north is the Turtle cardinal space and logically grid should go to West to free tiger and power up tiger descendants and his items with the tiger gift? But also freeing turtle could mean that the turtle gift allow him to use thr bread on weapons?

Ruler4u, aqua55 and LordKarsus like this.
  15. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The shoulder guards created might enhance his control over the earth and maybe give him geographiv sensing and mineral detection.

Idk im trying to imagine wgat other skills a white tiger breath might give if it doesn't repeat the same stuff. What happens if it does repeat?

Black turtle is all about nature and death and water apparently. It controls poison, so maybe ice as well. I always thought the turtle would give the biggest defence boost and tiger more offense but seems not. If he gets a boost from that (well probably get results around March 20ish) I wonder what piece of the animal he gonna get

If the pheonix gave it's heart:

Maybe turtles gives a shell piece that grows on you like bio armor. Or maybe a crystal, ooh like monster crystal that can be stored inside the monster heart (turtle crystal in 9th heart) like a book eating magician water fire yin yang thing

Dragon..... scales? Would an eastern dragon give boost to western dragon wings?

Tiger might give you tiger stripe tatoos

If he gets a boost to his affinity with nature than water reward he gets from the world tree next time will get boosted

And lol Grid got a god to favor him in the east. What happens if all the big 3 (Rebecca, chu whatever and Baal) favor grid and look forward to his growth. Maybe he'll get a title

If he kills the eastern god, he'd be one step closer to beating Rebecca

zerol1, Ruler4u and LordKarsus like this.
  16. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We all know Rebecca whant to snuff snuff grid so I don't think he will kill her

Phoenix =heart
    Turtle= shell
    Tiger= claws
    Dragon=fang

Maybe the gifts more than change his body will boost his Duke titles and the rune
    Turtle and tiger boost virtue and dragon boost Duke of fire like Phoenix did

17. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As for how Braham would enhance greed. It's already super mana conductive and can fully accept and embody any attribute/chatavterisitc of merged materials.

Maybe the next step is mixing it with the sea kings tears, to make have a slot or two to add-in any spell into each equipment made

Maybe make it biological like a slime that grows and evolves but you can just take a piece of greed off it

Also how much has grid grown since he met that tower of wisdom sword saint.
    -sword energy regen from the saint
    -4th tier (great mage) level mana core
    -blood king (might learn blood magic)
    -gained power of struggle
    -2 epics
    -learned the meaning of 'heart' got will power stat
    -2 duke titles
    -9th heart
    -3 of the zodiac's favor
    -rune evolved ( and probably contains some new yangban power So Like 4 new characteristics absorbed and for garam maybe 2)
    Am I missing anything

Ruler4u and dereonlad like this.
  18. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Black Tortoise, not turtle. I think Grid will get Red Phoenix heart, White Tiger Hide, Blue Dragon Blood, and Black Tortoise lungs. Though I'm still unsure on if there's something else you could take from a Tortoise that isn't the shell. I only don't suggest the shell as White Tiger's Hide would already be improving his skin. While the Blue Dragon's blood would be pumped by the Red Phoenix's heart thus infusing the power of fire and lightning into his whole body. Then you have the lungs which infuse Black Tortoise's power into the oxygen which is being supplied to the blood and other parts of the body thus making Grid's wholebody infused with the power of all four Beasts at all times and in balance with each other as each part relies on the others for survival and strength.

Ruler4u, aqua55 and LordKarsus like this.
  19. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the amount of Greed is potentially endless, it is possible to have more than one kind of Greed. Which means that you could keep the current Greed, and have Gravium separately have dragon + 4 sacred beasts built into it by default.

It's odd that only Pagma / Grid could use Pavaranium. Since Pagma and Braham made it together, Braham should also have been able to use it... This time, they should make something that Braham can also use - or where he can at least wear things made from its complete form.

But, barring that, just integrating Grid's godhood and additional epics etc. into an upgraded Greed would likely enhance it a decent amount.

Ruler4u likes this.
  20. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first place, I don't think this Pagma's Descendant resurrecting Braham saga was ever really planned by the Satisfy team, so it makes sense that only Grid can use it.

Though another way of looking at it is the Satisfy team could have made both PD player and Braham Pavranium users to create a way for the player to eventually meet and get on good terms with a resurrected Braham.