Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's one of the methods to increase damage, by borrowing the image and by extension the status of something else that is beyond what you are capable of. By borrowing the image of a dragon's breath you imbue that power in the aura temporarily, but there are still limits because of the rating of the aura as it can't fully handle the true power within the image. Imagination is the core to aura and borrowing power from others allows you to do more than what just training the aura itself is capable of producing. Like imagine Hurent trying to call down an Aura Meteor after having seen Braham's meteor spell. The power behind it is also dependent on how clear the image is, so if Hurent doesn't have a clear picture in his head of what he's trying to produce, the power behind it will be weakened as the aura's ability to borrow power from the status of the image is weakened.

2. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sure that there is a way to strengthen the aura and the most direct is objects. If you use black mithril and aura and make gloves or a sword, like the sword of the first emperor increased the power of the 4th prince.

Lmaster likes this.
  3. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Bondre heard the voice of the Black Tortoise in horrible pain and realized that the relationship between the Yangban and the Sacred Beasts was a lie. At that moment, he got a notification: The Treasure Guardian quest had failed and he had lost 4 levels.

But he was personally given a new chance by the system that understood him so well: Escape with the Black Tortoise Jewel to help restore the true myths of the land, and he could gain 6 levels.

All he had to do was overcome the beautiful god in front of him... And the other Yangban there...

Meanwhile, the Yangban were exulting that they were about to become Gods.

Bondre was proud, and in that moment his sense kicked back in. He saw the Gods for what they were: Just some computer generated graphics. And he was no longer overwhelmed. His pride kicked in and he decided to give it his all.

Using the amulet he had been given to help in this process, he restored himself to full power and then froze the Yangban.

The beautiful one felt her foot freeze and shatter, as she and her fellows were encased in ice. She immediately used the Breath of the Red Phoenix... It was weaker than before, but effective. It started healing her and melting the ice.

Bondre doubled down feeding more cold into his spell. But she escaped, strengthening herself with the Breath of the White Tiger.

She was thoroughly offended at this point. More so for having to lower herself to fight a human. And she gave him a hard kick in the chest: 25K damage!

Bondre was reeling, when... Grid finally arrived.

After some bitching by Bondre and Grid saying that he was never the hero type and always thought heroes were pretentious - until he gained power and realized that there was only one right way to wield power... They join forces.

Bondre used double casting to fully freeze the Yangban as Grid used Potential Opening to use 300K Army Sword, wrecking the Yangban. Followed by his using his five fusion sword... The beautiful one died in full view of the residents of Chaoz flying through the sky protected by the Black Tortoise's water droplets.

The other Yangban were weakened and horrified as their weaknesses were exposed by the 300K Army Sword. And the 300 Rankers with Grid took that opportunity to pile onto them.

"Very impressive..."

There was one Yangban who was still perfectly fine.

"You must have worked tirelessly to achieve this status as a human"

A vortex formed as Maru grabbed the Black Tortoise Jewel and used its power to casually overpower the rankers.

Everything started to be pulled into the Jewel. At this moment, Maru was exhibiting power akin to that of the choreographer / operator (?) / Hanul (?).

Grid felt himself being pulled into the Black Tortoise Jewel like the other Rankers. He had only one option: Use the 200K Army Crushing Sword to destroy this magic! Except that he was in no position to use it because he was being pulled into the vortex and being drowned just like the other Rankers.

The combination of the power of a Garam class Yangban and the Black Tortoise was just too strong.

"If everyone will just excuse me..."

Grid immediately recognized the owner of that voice. It was Hwang Gildong.

Suddenly, in Hwang Gildong's hand was the jewel that had just been in Maru's hands. It was an amazing pickpocketing ability that could even steal something straight out of the hands of a Half God.

"I'll just go put this in a safe place, and then I'll be right back."

Maru who had been casually smiling until just now was incensed and his furious fist flew straight into Hwang Gildong's face. But he didn't turn to gray. His body had been replaced by a straw doll and made a stupid sound as the real Hwang Gildong and Black Tortoise jewel vanished.

“….?”

Maru's ire soon turned to Grid and the Rankers.

"You, who looked so weak and innocent... You were working with Hwang Gildong!"

A spear flew in the direction of the Rankers. Grid tried to fly towards it but

[Sunpo has failed]

Crap! He wasn't going to make it!

The spear was blocked by a sword.

It was the sword of a forgotten hero of the previous generation. Someone who was given to wanderlust and had gone missing.

“I am honored to meet you.”

He had appeared in the East Continent, and stood casually smiling at Grid.

---

Wasn't really expecting the old Sword Demon or whatever (the previous top assassin), to make a decent showing of himself. Not that he really has yet.

And Hwang Gildong running away with the jewel... That douche!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  4. Gradia

Gradia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kraugel it's coming

5. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    The former first ranked assassin is the one who showed up, not Kraugel.

aqua55 and LordKarsus like this.
  6. Ruler4u

Ruler4u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting.. Hwang gildong a hybrid thief class? Old heroes I can only think of Biban,Iyarugt or Biplonz in that area who can manage to slash yangbans unless the current head of the eclipse from the empire or kraugel steps up.

7. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the same old hero that has been trekking with Hwang Gildong - the player was the top assassin before Faker.

It was a little confusing to try and understand. I was also wondering if it was Kraugel or even the Grandmaster for a second there. But Hwang Gildong's buddy is the one who is given to wanderlust (and a bad sense of direction). Before he dropped out of the Rankings, he was a top ranker.

aqua55 and Ruler4u like this.
  8. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So sword demon plus bad sense of direction. Does he use three swords as well? If so then his goal is probably beating Kraugel, the world's greatest swordsman. But seriously the title of sword demon is already taken so I hope RT's translation gives him another alias. The thing is even Faker wouldn't be that useful in this situation so that guy needs to have some screen time to shine. If the author does justice to him then by all means all the power to him but if it's going to be just another ranker that serves to expand the world I would have preferred his place to be occupied by Haster instead.

Sabaek and Hwang Gildong probably met at some point. It's incredulous to think the former would forego such a useful ally. If this is the case are they already working together? After all it was the latter who sprinkled garlic and mugwort which can turn zodiacs into daoist immortals. We still know very little about him though. He's probably a ninja. Mysterious skills (memory wiping etc.) + substitution jutsu + disappearing + stealth/infiltration and pickpocketing are all consistent with this. It would also make sense for there to be a transcendental ninja in the east. Maybe I'm mistaken but compared to the Chinese (sacred beasts) and Korean culture (yangbans), the eastern continent lacks a comparable Japanese influence. He might partially fill that gap. It would also be great if we could meet a samurai too if he is indeed a ninja.

Surely the zodiacs are not going to end up as civilians. As mythical sacred creatures they won't die truly unless the gods they serve perish first. They're not like Grid's npc knights. Does he even have a way of contacting them like he does with Braham? Anyway the forces that oppose the exiled gods include at least 3 transcendents: hwang gildong, sabaek and lee jeong (Zikfrector is currently a question mark). So far Grid not only didn't create an alliance with them but also he didn't even establish a way to contact any of them. It is very foolish of him to not get a few of Braham's magic communication devices. Even the empire has who knows how many of them. I doubt it would be considered the greatest invention in history if its use was not widespread and it is portable enough to be carried by the dukes to the war god ruins.

The fight with Maru is taking place in the land of the old gods so Grid should have 100% terrain adaptability. I don't see a reason why he would fail using 200k army swordsmanship.

9. Gradia

Gradia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not kraugel?,, but that said it's the former hero and he used sword

10. codered999

Reading List:
    Link
    'It was the sword of a forgotten hero of the previous generation. Someone who was given to wanderlust and had gone missing.'
    'Wasn't really expecting the old Sword Demon or whatever (the previous top assassin), to make a decent showing of himself. Not that he really has yet.'
    Clearly obvious it's the person who was the first rank assassin before Faker. The guy wanders around and has a terrible sense of direction so he's always getting lost and thus no one could find him. We were already told he was working with Gildong and this is the best moment to reveal himself and help to deal with the Black Tortoise situation.

Gradia likes this.
  11. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This fight must be how Mario feels when the princess is in another castle. Just gotta go looking for that jewel again I guess, bring along the little death koopa

Ruler4u likes this.
  12. luckyman89

luckyman89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but who is Hwang Gildong again?

13. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a Legend of the East Continent, and the Big Hero of Pangea (where Kraugel was the Little Hero - or something like that). He's the leader of that group Grid cowed recently with his Earth God powers.

He's the reason that some people know that the Myths created by the Yangban are fake... Resulting in them being less powerful as Gods than they otherwise would be.

He may also be absorbing some of that Faith himself to make himself more powerful - by being a Legend - but I'm not 100% sure of that.

He has some skill where no one fully remembers what he looks like. Which, given his recent pickpocketing, might make sense as a Legendary Thief skill.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Ruler4u and luckyman89 like this.
  14. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

The old Assassin Nogma was a curious sort of legend among players. He had risen to the top of the assassin rankings, but there was no record of anyone he had assassinated. In order to rise to the top of assassins he had stayed out of the limelight.

Grid had admired him before he became Pagma's Descendant, and thought of him as a superior being... And also a troll hidden in the background, exacting vengeance on the high and powerful that Grid was jealous of. But Grid had changed, and he measured Nogma more clearly.

Nogma's control skills were solid, if not quite at Kraugel's level. He was also not as fast as Grid. Even so, he could predict Maru's attacks and had a high enough level of control and abilities to defend and fight back.

While Nogma stalled Maru, the other High Rankers started taking out the Yangban weakened by Grid. While Grid and Bondre worked on taking potions and recovering.

Grid noticed... The Yangban had become weaker. He had been able to kill several himself and these were being pushed back by the other Rankers. It appeared that the resurrection of the Red Phoenix had reduced both the resilience and attack power of the Yangban as it took back control over its stolen Breaths.

Maru was incensed. Even though they had lost the power of the Red Phoenix, he had thought that with his brothers here - ones who were candidates to rise up to the seven, that together they could even have stood up to Archangels. But the silver footed demon (Braham) had made a mess of everything. How many had he hurt just by himself? And now, they were being pushed back by mere humans!

He finally managed to grab Nogma's throat and started to crush it. Grid tried to use Sunpo but it failed again, and he had to resort to trying magic missiles, causing an explosion.

When the explosion cleared, Maru's hands were empty. It was like he was grasping air. He pulled back in confusion only to see Nogma where he had been before. With the marks of Maru's hands still on his neck. He had been in Maru's hands and actually tricked him!

Nogma had completely erased his presence to the point that even a Half God couldn't sense that he was there despite physically holding his neck!

"I will kill all of you and then find Hwang Gildong and break his neck!"

"And I look forward to you doing that"

Maru was surprised at this reaction, but...

"He already took the jewel and abandoned me. I don't owe him any favors. I just didn't want to be alone, so I decided to help the guys here."

Maru tensed preparing another attack.

Grid looked at Bondre for help.

"That potion you gave me was really something. But I have no more reason to be here. When Hwang Gildong escaped my quest was completed."

"...?"

"Of course, there is one way that I will help you Grid. You have to beg for my help"

Bondre waited for the embarrassed look on Grid's face, knowing that Grid wasn't in a position to win without his help.

"Bondre, greatest of all ice wizards, I ask you to help me"

Damn it! Grid said that so easily without any trace of his pride being hurt. Had this rivalry between them been entirely in his head?

Bubat and Bondre started supporting Grid as he attacked Maru.

Maru was enraged. Half the Rankers that had been attacking his brothers were gone, but his brothers were now also almost defeated. He used abilities reminiscent of Bubat's crowd control skills to suppress his opponents. He would turn this around!

Maru moved straight for Grid, and at that moment... He turned to stone.

It wasn't just him. Everyone in the area stopped moving, including the Rankers. No one could move a finger.

And in this frozen world:

"Item Combination"

Grid raised his sword high. He had a simple goal. To crush the enemy in front of him!

[Asking for the aid of an ally, as the Duke of Virtue]

Waves of powerful energy spread out as lightning filled the air.

A huge shadow fell from the sky.

"Pounding Mortar!"

Gradia, Yogi666, zerol1 and 6 others like this.
  15. Ruler4u

Ruler4u Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The League of Beta Testers in which grid are in, they've got ahead but Grid Chased them Real Fast.
    It's really an eye opening for the rankers that they see the power of Grid's Continuous Nukes, non of them could survive if grid becomes their enemy

16. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol god dam it, that's the 4th one this week isn't it. *sigh* gotta start waiting again

And pounding mortar huh? I wonder if it changes with Grid being the one to use it.

Wonder what items he combined for such an attack. I'm guessing dopligsnger sword cuz increased skill damage while reducing enemies defence, failure is gone...Maybe lightning sword combined with it

17. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally understand why grid when for the turtle before the tiger he whant to have the turtle breath sacrifice itself to the tiger to get tiger that adsorbed turtle for the 3rd of the tiger set
    By doing that he would have 3 kinds of tiger skills Earth/fire/and water or corruption spears released on hit on different cd as the others skills how come it took me so long to see it?

BTW that pounding mortar sound so sexy that I can already see most yangban dead by it and the ranker with an wth face. Next Duke of virtue noll bloodsucking or asmophel fire swordsmanship pleasee

18. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Earth God has a great synergy with pounding mortar. It can cut off the escape route by changing the landscape and immobilize the target by stoning them. Also creating a canyon with the effect would greatly increase the damage. I hope Grid will make fully of these powers. Item combination might have been used with motley flail since it is a farming technique but it says he raised his sword high so Idk.

Grid is criminally underutilizing Randy. Here we have a being that can copy any humans and swap places with Grid once, at will. I don't know the exact range of his teleportation but he probably can use it as a get out of a situation free card. It would also be a great way to save named npcs. I.e. turn it into Piaro, give a player next to him and then whisper to the player who'll relay the message to swap places with the original.

One thing I disliked is how the rankers (or Bondre) can get the opportunity to gain 6 levels when they failed Hanul's quest. I understand the need for a compensation and how Satisfy prefers rewarding effort to realism but I would have preferred the reward to be a different kind. For instance, I would have preferred a new title similar to the savior of the world, extra stat points, increased stat gain each time you level up, gaining partial transcendence (not all together)... The thing is they would all have died against Grid and his companions anyway (100k blockade + 300k + keen insight gg). So they are more like to succeed in the quest to resurrect black tortoise than stopping Grid and his companions (even if they stopped Grid once, once he comes back with the zodiacs they would have been annihilated). Thus I see the new quest as a win win situation since it increases the rewards and the likelihood of achieving those rewards. Maybe Mir will come and I'm wrong but even then it seems wrong for the reward of resurrecting a god to just be 6 levels given the effects this will have on the worldview.

19. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Only Bondre got that reward. It was a quest specifically for him, just like Grid was given the quest related to the Black Tortoise earlier... Like the system knew that Grid would make the right choice, it also knew that Bondre would make the right choice in taking a risk and going against the Yangban (not sure the incentive of extra levels was really required).

As for what'll happen to the other rankers, I assumed that the Black Tortoise would give them something. But the other part of the Black Tortoise is gone now, so choices might be limited. Maybe there'll be another chance later. We may have to wait and see what Hwang Gildong does next.

From the looks of things, without Grid etc.'s interference, the Yangban would've succeeded in creating a new God of their own from the Life / Water aspect of the Black Tortoise. So Grid failing and dying would've been the end of this quest with no option for redo.

Also, the Rankers are probably correct in their understanding that this path that Grid is following is what Morpheus really wants. And in following the intended path created by the system, they should be able to expect suitable rewards.

Considering that Grid acted alone after the initial nuke by Braham, the High Rankers + Yangban defeating Grid wouldn't have been unrealistic. If he used his max skills on them, he'd have had nothing left for the Yangban. So overall, them choosing to go against the Yangban is a large part of what led to the win for Grid - or for Hwang Gildong, as the case may be. lol

Well, he does have the destruction part of the Black Tortoise now, so he may be able to use its breath as part of equipment with some help. In an ideal case, his next piece of equipment will have both the Black Tortoise and Red Phoenix supplementing the White Tiger.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    zerol1 and JHI like this.
  20. Kerorogunso

Kerorogunso Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like i am missing something

Who is this hwang gildong ?