Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope next Blue Dragon

2. Kzhckz.

Kzhckz. [Sad] [Angry] [Happy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hong Gildong if my memory were correct, should be a hermit thief transcendents type, that outclass legendary assasin, i mean, isn't his clone kinda similar or more like, literally identical as shadow soldier of Kasim? Another point is that he "Vanish" like he was nothing here, isn't that kinda like leaping to the other dimension? Like how Kasim or his teacher can utilize "Shadow Movement" that literally melted himself into the shadows, and Hong Gildong take it to the next whole level by leaping through dimension itself, if there's any possibility a player can get Hong Gildong class or way of transcendence, he would fare really good against Yura who can leap too, but to hell.

Well, everyone's equal though under God Grid...

Except Kraugel and Agnus, these two are anomaly if i research it again, Sword Saint was said be able to cut "Anything", so did "Space/Dimension/Room/Zone/etc." Is inside this "Anything" category?

While Agnus, well, he's Agnus, no other explanation, his existence itself is a disaster, i bet my last 25 bucks this month that he will ascend become Great Demon in several years game time, if the story not completed yet by other player, and if it's a progession type game where AI birthed another ridiculous over powered Boss monster over time.

Spear Saint was said able to "Pierce the Heaven",
    Sword Saint was said able to "Cut Anything",
    Bow Saint was said able to "Shoot Down Gods",
    Red Saint was said able to "Contemplate the Universe",

But, they are all equal, equally weak under God Grid's one man army of millions.

3. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    So, so far Grid has been walking the path of the ultimate tank in this new arc. He will get the Black Turtle's Shell and I can see it not only massively increasing his defense but also allowing him to cast an AoE that slowly degrades equipment around him (Death) and mitigates damage (Water). Maybe Incarnation of Water will be the name? If he combines it with the Incarnation of Fire, it might even only target enemies. Plus, maybe he will be able to make a sword breaker with the turtle's breath now, since Greed can withstand it and he would have more knowledge about it's powers, so that would be awesome.

4. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's incarnation of death, not water for the tortoise, and as for the breath....
    Grid got the pheonix breath as a quest reward for feeding it breaths to revive the god

But the thing with the turtle is that the death part was awakened by the yangban and the Water part by the 100 clone guy, who was all you'll regret not teaming with me.

And unless you lvl up the breaths by absorbing their essence and extract it from the material, idk how he's gonna get the breath of death unless the turtles gives him a freebie for that maxed affinity

Side note, whatever bonus grid gets in his rune of gluttony for killing all those yangban, it's most likely all passive abilities, and stat /skill boosts, considering if they were active skills, Grid would've used them when hid other skills were on cooldown

5. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t see the problem with incarnation of water. We know for a fact the turtle has those two sides to her, just like the phoenix had fire and life. He can get breaths from all the yangban he killed, including the turtle’s breath. that’s how he got some of the phoenix breath in the first place.

aqua55 and LordKarsus like this.
  6. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not the material, I meant the skill itself, which if it's anything like the pheonix breath would be op

Grid might have to gain the actual skills to use the breaths of the 4 beasts. Because that's sort of what the yangban are doin to varying degrees

7. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He'll most likely get the black tortoise breath skill in addition to other rewards. I'm very interested in the black tortoise shell. It makes sense for it to be comparable to a dragon scale. After all, the shell part is probably the most defense heavy part of the Black Tortoise, a sacred god. There are dozens of black tortoise breaths but only a few shells are available and the condition for obtaining one is much more difficult than killing a level 500 named npc so the mineral is probably a higher rated one. Let's hope Grid puts it into use immediately.

I wonder how dragons compare to gods in powerscaling. They're probably only slightly less powerful than the top gods. A top dragon like Bunhelier could destroy the world if he wants to. The only one who could do that are Yatan and beings that are similar in power to him (Rebecca, Hanul etc.). Meanwhile a post Seven Evils War Hexetia needed help from Great Demons just to destroy the humanity and while in full power his biggest feat is destroying humanity. I don't know how powerful archangel Raphael is but I doubt he is as powerful as a dragon or significantly more powerful than Baal who is weaker than an adult dragon. He can still defeat Pungsa, one of the 5 seniors. Real gods are probably more powerful than the weaker dragons but Idk how they would compare against Nevartan and Bunhelier.

8. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The Black Tortoise was restored and beautiful again and its blessings filled the land.

Grid had expected that the reward for this quest would be a shell that could be used for defense, but instead it's a mark that grants 300 stats, ability to breathe under water, +50% water damage for magic, and +50% poison damage (Should just give it to Braham)

In this battle, Grid had killed 13 Yangban total. He'd expected that he'd at least gain 3 levels, but it was only 1. And the next level was at 30%.

The amount of experience required to level almost seemed to be doubling. Which was ridiculous. Unlike Grid, most players couldn't even imagine pulling off feats of this caliber to just gain one level in the end. If it was like this, players would never be able to rise up to the level of the greater beings in Satisfy at this rate. Grid didn't think that the SA Group would really intend to create a hopeless situation for players. Which meant that there must be a new way to level beyond this point... This kinda seemed like a Kraugel problem. In the past, as the first one to face many problems, he had been the one who discovered many new answers. And now Grid was in that position.

It was time to hit up the Tower of Wisdom to find some answers from those legends, and help the players pioneer a new path.

There's some conversation with Nogma. He refuses to join Overgeared for now, and is secretive's about other things. He eventually leaves, and gets lost...

The Black Tortoise asks Grid to come visit it from time to time as Grid moved to leave.

Grid considered continuing on to the next Kingdom, but he was Grid was exhausted after all these battles. He missed Irene, Lord, and Mercedes, and the rest of his peeps who should've been returning from the National Tournament by now.

When he returned to Reinhart, he noticed that the level of the soldiers had increased by 20 in the couple of weeks he'd been gone. Amazing!

He asked Lauel and it seems that it was because Dante recovered and started training the troops
    (Feels like Grid may have had an inkling of what happened there).

Grid sees Braham. His arm is still in a sling.
    Doesn't look like he's gotten it healed by Ruby yet, or maybe even her healing didn't fully restore him. He's a little horrified that Braham let himself get hurt that far when he was supposed to leave post Meteor. But he knew that it wasn't super bad. If Braham had been in legit danger, the Soulmate Bond between Braham and Grid would've warned Grid that Braham was in danger.

Seeing that Braham still looks hot despite being injured, Lauel suggests that Braham should go and make some babies in his downtime... For the glory of the Overgeared Kingdom! (I could be wrong about this. lol)

And then, after ascertaining Dante's situation, Grid heads off to speak with Piaro.

--

After all that effort and producing world changing story progress, this is all the loot Grid got? Not even a legit +30 levels.

I assume that if Grid tries to work with a Black Tortoise Breath, the Shell + 100% affinity with the Black Tortoise will give some advantage.

Lmaster, aqua55, Windowsea and 6 others like this.
  9. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The mark should be given to Braham or Euphemina but probably the former. Finally he's going to the tower. But we might get an entire chapter on his talk with Piaro and nc review. Also he should have a shit ton of breaths right now so unless the rewards are significantly better this year it really makes little difference to him whether his colleagues give him all their rewards. He already has more breaths than he can handle but maybe this will change when he makes equipment with multiple breaths. The tower is quite hype. Grid might even gain stats just like when he climbed the tower of eternity. The original test for a pioneer involved climbing up the tower further backing this up. I want to get introduced to new quirky transcendents and it should be fun to see Biban again. He'll also get more rewards, yayy.

The amount of experience needed is ridiculous. Hunting is essentially no longer a viable option for him and grinding is a bad use of his time. Between level 399 and 400 he hunted for a fortnight in the war god ruins which is "currently the most difficult hunting site" (C. 1062) and that increased his experience bar by 0.09%. This is already an order of magnitude more than the experience required for level 399. "Grid was able to gain a large amount of experience, unlike when he killed the first clone. His experience gauge increased by 0.01% despite being level 398" (C.1026).If this doubled 7 times and keeps going this way regular grinding will be useless. He killed members of a highly superior intelligent species with between 100-200 level difference so the experience is just rubbish. I thought the experience Braham acquired after killing a mythical being with 2000% exp boost seemed a bit underwhelming but now this just sounds ridiculous. I still remember Grid gaining 20 levels for killing Drevigo. Unless regular classes have lower exp requirements for leveling up or Grid is right in discovering other means of leveling up this is non-sensical.

In the western continent, he can try grinding dragon boosted monsters, Galgunos, clear the war god ruins and Amoract but there is essentially nothing else.

10. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Classes don't have different exp requirements. You have the same exp requirements no matter what your class is. What he needs to do is basically mimic what NPCs do to gain levels, which is gain exp from training, not just hunting.

JHI likes this.
  11. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or quests. The probability of gaining quests might change. I see practice making more of a difference for classes like artillerymen and doctor. Also if practice is going to make a difference it is weird that the experience benefits were not stated when he used open potential on blacksmithing. After all it still listed things like increase in deity stat after every myth rated item produced which doesn't happen with open potential. He didn't get any experience benefits for blue dragon boots either. In addition he substantially improved his swordsmanship after 4th stats awakening. Not only his skills but he also recognized the importance of breathing and experienced the world of keen insight. Those had zero direct effect on experience so far. I don't rule this out but I need to see a direct quote by Grid or the author to accept it.

How the hell did Braham gain 6 levels by annihilating non-boss monsters in a single vampire city? Sounds surreal.

12. Yogi666

Yogi666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter how you look at it Black Tortoise shell looks like shit compared to still growing Red Phoenix 9th heart. No chance to get hidden rewards because that damn hwang gildong took black tortoise jewel away

13. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she'll is broken I hope grid use it on himself and he learn some water magic lol

Why shell is broke. Easy 300 stats is 30 levels on an non second and third class player. u
    breathin mean he can kill enemies just by getting them underwater and hugging them tigh, also open the chance for exploration of places underwater
    + 50% damage to poison and water magic also includes any item skill with those Characteristics and turtle weapon should come with an % on water and poison on hit if it follows the others beast weapons

Turtle made weapons should have if they have all options
    30%+ attack
    30% water damage as magical on hit( shell affect it)
    Turtle offensive passive most likely and water and poison damage on attack(also shell affect it)
    Turtle active ( some rain or water that lower durability)
    Water control (like tiger)

The 2nd option that I can see and I hope it is like that is any magic damage grid does also give +50% water and poison so not an boost to damage of those kind more like magic missile becomes and non elemental + 50% poison mod+50% water mod and that is still broken as hell

14. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The relevant comparison is different. Grid got the 9th heart for feeding the bow an enhanced red phoenix breath and giving a good impression. The actual reward for the quest is 999th or 1000th heart depending on how you resurrect Suzaku + red phoenix breath + affinity. The heart would presumably have a weaker version of the 9th heart's effect with weaker room for growth. For an ordinary player like Seuron or Zibal the benefits would have been mainly about resource recovery. By contrast the black tortoise one gives a mark that gives 300 stats, the ability to breath underwater and a bunch of other things. You can also get a black tortoise shell (not sure if Grid would have gotten one if it wasn't for HG). The value of the rewards are not leagues apart especially since HG received part of the reward. We'll have to see whether water/death god is comparable to other god skills.

One thing I wonder is if Black Tortoise could use hydra venom in an interesting way? Mix it with rain, use it with water streams, make a vortex... Probably not but it would be a mass weapon of destruction against gods if it could just make venom rain on the Hwan Kingdom.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  15. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +300 Stats is it to all stats or only one?

16. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid need to be the one with the mark because if it has any influence on one ability to use the black tortise breath, Grid is gonna need it to forge it.

Just ask Braham for some of that hydra loot, mix it with greed and a fused breath black turtle and red pheonix and make a flying sword out of it, and there you go. New broken Overgeared equipment, that let him kill gods

And JHI is correct, this reward isn't really that much different from getting the 1000 heart of the pheonix considering it would've only increase stamina recovery a little bit.

Grid got most of his reward from the fact that he enhanced a breath (which only a blacksmith of his level or greater could achieve) and obtained a hidden piece most likely due to his duke of fire and virtue titles. Which kinda reflect the pheonix.

That's why he lost most of the benefits from not being the one to unreal either part of the turtle. Its annoying to know that 100 clone guy also benefited from it

The water breathing seems useless but it's pretty OP considering it makes any water poison spell usless, and it'll allow him to be the first person to explore the depths of the sea, and he might find hidden dungeons and raid bosses down there

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  17. Yogi666

Yogi666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No wait pretty much I already say that grid lose the chance to get hidden rewards because hwang gildong take away black tortoise jewel and probably get his own share of reward to. And pretty much I already compared that black tortoise shell will likely equal to red Phoenix 999/1000th heart

18. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it, the turtle shell is a pretty impressive reward though
    Considering it's a mark and mark of evolution allowed you to gain 200 stats in either strength, intellegence, agility or stamina

The shell has no such limitations and it's 30 lvls worth of stats. Which is a lot, even of grid is already a stat monster himself

Breathing underwater could be useful, especially since he rules an underwater kingdom

And he has braham and Euphimia on his side, so it's not that bad. Pretty good actually.

Though I am curious what the background behind these "marks" are and what else they can do. The shell is basically just a legendary tier mark. I'm curious to see what the next peice of equipment grid plans to make.

Also this is the 5th national completion and Lord was born around the time of the 1st so he's about to turn 15, and break past the limitation child NPCs have. Looks like we'll see how he's grown

19. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyle's lightning currents are physical or magical damage?

20. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to add that the mark also grants complete poison immunity. Which Grid doesn't need because he already has Khan's Valhalla.

In a different situation, the mark would've made a really good gift for Lord. In this case, Braham is still the overall best choice. Making him tougher is a good investment.