Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's one of those items which will come in handy later. I didn't mention it while discussing the upcoming uselessness of hunting but the mark can effectively allow you to hunt in the red sea. Braham already said "This is the center of the world. It is a source of infinite mana. That is where the worst creatures can exist deep in the sea." before and it would make no sense if a place with such a description would be unimportant in the story. There are probably all sorts of quests, minerals and monsters here and Grid can effectively pioneer it. Maybe he could even get Skunk to help him eventually but right now ToW and Talima will come first. The poison immunity can help if he intends to explore the place.

Red Sea is a mysterious vast amount of space we know very little about. We don't even have an estimate of what sorts of risks are there. There could be a sea dragon that could threaten the western continent, a carnivorous hive mind like species that prey on others or even forgotten gods/fallen angels... It's useless to speculate until we get a clue though. The only other places we know as little about are the "other worlds" (like the one where aether originated) and valhalla where the souls of dead people go to.

zerol1, Shatteredsun and LordKarsus like this.
  2. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait immunity hmm I think grid should use it I can already see Khan legacy going to lord hands, Khan legacy should be remade on greed by grid hands fusioning to me it infinite durability and having an bread?

3. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking the same, it would probably be best for grid to use the mark on himself, because if it let's him forge the turtle breath, in the long run, if he ever fuses the 4 breaths into 1 and makes a new mineral using it and greed, that would be a much better investment. Especially since Braham doesn't particularly specialize in any element.

On top of that, if Grid wanted to use the hydra material for crafting, including it's poison, and fangs, he would need to be immune to it in order to work with it. In my opinion, that would be much better to than giving it to Braham just to enhance a handful of spells.

And using Khans legacy, and improving it with greed and the turtle breath, and gifting it to Lord on his 15th birthday, would probably turn it into one of the top grade mythical items.

It would make sense considering that if armor was made by the 3rd known legendary blacksmith in order to protect Grid, who reforge it to protect his own son, who might become a blacksmith of his own right, using greed which incorporated both pagma and brahams creation, and the thought to be impossible to use hydra poison and enhanced turtle breath.......shoot, that armor would have more backstory than some of the chatacters introduced

4. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    Or he could just give it to Lord. The kid might end up using a bunch of water magic, his assassin techniques might help make use of the poison bonus and he wouldn’t have to rely on armor to be protected from poison, having immunity 24/7 and not relying on equipment.

5. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like Grid should at least introduce Lord to the Red Phoenix and Black Tortoise, as well as maybe more friends of his. Any blessings at all would be nice, and there's a good chance they'll appreciate Lord.

Plus, the Black Tortoise is lonely and would appreciate Grid bringing family to visit. The kids Sticks is teaching might be good to bring too (along with Sticks himself, who is dying). For that matter... There's an even chance that the Black Tortoise could heal Braham and maybe restore his immortality (or not... demonkin may or may not count as creations - humans don't count as creations, so demonkin shouldn't either)

How old is Lord now anyway? I think he's still a while away from 16 where his stats will be unlocked to super god mode.

-

Re: Black Tortoise... I expect that he's going to accidentally end up getting Chiyou's protection, even though he didn't give a piece of himself to Grid. Since Chiyou is stopping the five seniors from coming down to the East Continent at all.

Would've been super awkward if not for the 9th Heart thing. You free the Guardian Gods... They're imprisoned again a day later... lol

6. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord was 11 as of 1086
    Born in 332
    My mistake the second national completion happened in 410, the first being in 133

So after the 6th he'll become an adult
    So close, but by then grid would've become a demigod

LordKarsus and Muteki Reader like this.
  7. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there are Great Archers as Great Swordsman or Great Mages, but what is resource of tittle? Arrow Energy or Willpower?

8. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is arrows. The resources of the great archers is arrows I mean think about it no arrows no attack unless you get an secret class skill like jishuka

9. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter out.

With the upcoming ToW arc, I wonder the Overgeared timeline. Some of the history and the statements from the earlier chapters have been retconned. Muller's earliest activities that we know of are around 320-400 years ago. If Biban is the latest addition to the tower then all the other members were active at least 500 years ago. The earliest legends we have heard of are the ones Kasim mentioned, Pokibun, Ten and Arin. From the 9 legends of the previous generation, all of them are (or declared) dead except Braham. There is also Rachel's ancestor Dehakel and the first pope. The foundation of vatican is 500 years ago so the time matches for the first pope and the empire has been around for quite some time though I can't remember exactly how long. The first pope is probably dead and if Dehakel was alive then it would be great for Rachel. In any case I hope some of the members we get to meet will be related to the characters we know or have heard of. It wouldn't be as exciting if they are completely new.

Do you guys remember any other transcendents or legends that I missed from the far past?

10. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not all former legends and the ones that are were forgotten over time or lost their status as a legend which allowed someone else to take that position. Like Biban has been forgotten as having been a sword saint, people just remember Muller. Jessica was the Legendary Great Magician before Braham but the only ones who remember her are the mages of the world and they only remember that she was a Great Magician who made Echo Magic. They don't remember her as a legendary figure. They're all transcendents at the ToW, but they're not all former Legends.

11. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I also discussed the first pope who is not stated to be a legend. I mainly talked about the past legends because those are the names I have encountered and remembered. As long as a few of the members are people who we can identify with, I'll be happy. Let me give you an example of what I have in my mind. If Milepeu is in the tower as a transcendent, he'd be able to give all kinds of tips to Grid. As someone associated with Pagma, he could give Grid a class quest, tell him all sorts of tips about blacksmithing/alchemy/what to do in Talima and could compete with him. He might be an acquaintance of Ke Ong as well for an additional surprise/connection. So I'm not necessarily looking for a legend, just someone that would make us go "aha, I remember that name". Milepeu is also one of the guys I forgot to mention in my previous post. If you have any other people like him please do tell.

I don't think you ever lose your status as a legend. You just lose some of the associated benefits you get with being a legend. Like if Grid unleashes a barrage of attacks on Jessica she'll have the 5 second immortality thing and she'll resist non-physical abnormal statuses.

12. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to lose your status as a Legend for a new one to come forward later. There can only be one Legendary figure of a class at a time. Grid isn't the Legendary Blacksmith before you trying bringing up Khan, Grid is the Legendary Pagma's Descendant which is distinct from the Blacksmith class itself. We know this because the same rule applies to Players, if it didn't then Kraugel being the Sword Saint wouldn't prevent other people from being one, but we know it does as Hurent for instance can no longer be a Sword Saint. The story of a Legend really only lasts for their Era, while a Myth lasts throughout the Eras of history. Legends can be forgotten, but Myths will rise and never fall unless something on the same level tries to hide things like with the Yangbans, but the moment the Mythical figure comes back, all the lies and falsehood dies. As we see with the Red Phoenix. Milepeu is implied to be a long dead at this point dwarf craftsman who while skilled, never became very well known in the world.

aqua55 likes this.
  13. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any one from the hero islands, who was an undead, is definetly dead.
    Muller is probably alive somewhere, until they find a body, we can just assume so
    Pagma is probably in hell. Dead or alive, he's gonna be there

So we know that there was a legendary blacksmith before pagma, he wasn't talented, but he worked hard and cared so be gained that status

Legendary assassin is tough, because lantier is just the title of being the head of eclipse. Like Ra's al ghul
    Which means other types can exist. That ass in that fought with Grid probably fall under that type

Weapon saints exist, we don't know much about spear saints, or bow saints. Might be shield saints and stuff like that

Legendary great magician is a wierd term because we don't understand the magic system fully
    Braham was a direct decendent who lost immortality and forced knowledge into his mind, and understand the formulas behind magic
    Mumud was a magician who could freely control the elements and was blessed in terms of mana (he might not have been human, but rather a humanoid)
    So that stacking spell alone is no where enough to make Jessica legendary. That probably just means humanity forgot what really made her so great, they forgot the essence that backed her legend
    It's like if people forgot about the undefeated kings Swordsmanship but remembered he was immune to all cc

It said there have always been people becoming legends in certain fields in the past, over and over, it isn't until many are born at the same age that the world experiences a golden age
    Which means Overgeared is still just setting up the golden age, we still have yet to see what happens after legendary classes amoung players becomes 9+ and even then more can exist

Transcendence is a curious topic, because we don't know how that works for greater or lesser species of human. What does it take for a vampire to transcend? It'll take more than what's required of a human, Maria is definetly one, but if tiramet and noll and the others can transcend is up to their fate
    Legends are forgotten, that's the point, so there may have been a time when other legendary farmer and fisherman and woodcutter existed, they probably did, we don't know yet.
    Not all legends are the same, and sometimes they can vary greatly, that's been proven by how different Pagama's, Grid's, khan's and that other guy's skills differ along with what types of abilities they posses.

Povia as an archer, her skill set would be completely different from Jishuka, even though they both probably are variations of a bow saint. Povia is probably a mix of druid, spirit magic and archery. Jisuka did the right thing by not accepting the desendence and just sticking to the bow, considering that's what she's good at and adding magic and spirits to the mix is gonna be like digging multiple holes rather than one deep one

Muller and BIbian are different as well. Muller was all about justice and humanity and killing great demons, and the heroic strength that came with it. His talent in the sword allowed him to master certain skills of that level.

While bibain probably prefers to discover every which way one can use and master a sword, it's infinitely differing techniques, and its energy, rather than gain epic skills

It's possible for any class to gain legendary status, and create NPCs with great power, it more about how the authir wants to depict how that class might grow legendary
    Like what would a legendary fisherman look like, can he fish dragon out of rivers? Can he fish the river itself?

What are the limits of a legendary farmer? Pesticides are includes but what about animals? What about farming machines. I can imagine Grid learning how to make the giants ancient riders and making like a tractor Piaro

What about other types of classes like cooks and painters? What about legendary cavalry vs legendary monster tamer?

Most of the stuff about the legends and transcendence still hasn't been written to us, so there isn't much information on it. Well probably get a hint about mythical classes before we gain more legends.

The author could always also add in some new shit. Like what is exactly a daoist, surely it's more than just a legend/transcendent of the east. It should have a different rule
    Being an apposite could be a thing
    Greater species is a thing with high elves, might be others. (Hopefully not low dwarf that's stupid)

We still don't even know about many of the rare - unique classes and those are also really good

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  14. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, all I heard from that was milepeu might be in the tower and he might teach grid next level crafting

Or maybe the dwarf king will be Grids mentor if he's a craftsman.
    Maybe the dwarves have Like a giant transformers crystal that is their own stone version of a world tree. Maybe in case Mother Earth

The elves could have a history with a wood cutter legend, or maybe the tailer (who probably also hunted), and drawves might know something about Gus of Gis or whatever

I wonder if there ever was a legendary necromancer grid can loot to evolve his dancing skeles (could be a DnD-esk kinda being)
    Or like an abyss
    Wonder if dream magic and time magic are a thing in the book

15. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

The 5th National Competition was over and Jishuka and Yura returned to much fanfare. Korea had won the National Competition, and the girls had (each?) won 3 gold medals.

The people looked at them and worried... About Grid breaking one of their hearts, and how Grid should decide and get it over with so the other could heal.

Grid explored Reinhart while maintaining invisibility. The city was almost at the level of the capital of the Saharan Empire. Which was amazing considering it had only been ten years since the Kingdom formed. But compared to the nations of the East Continent, it was pretty ordinary. It was impressive that the nations of the East Continent had gone so far despite being under the guidance of the Yangban
    (Maybe the Yangban wanted more people to generate faith, and better tech supported a larger population - or it's a leftover effect of the Guardian Gods)

The level of the Overgeared Kingdom's troops had stagnated despite the fact that they were being trained by Piaro and Asmophel. It was because NPCs typically had limits. But now their level had jumped by 20.

Grid saw Dante. He was shocked. Dante did look 20 years younger.

He quickly checked Dante's stats. And towards the end where it once said "Dante is near the end of his life and his power is fading", it now said "Achievement: Half God Killer / Has an adversarial relationship with the Hwan Kingdom"...

Grid realized what this meant. By using Berith's Mask, his own achievements had also been mirrored onto Dante. And where Grid needed 10 Deity points to see slight improvement, it was different for NPCs. Dante's growth was much faster. Amazing! Berith's Mask opened up so many new possibilities.

He looked at the soldiers Dante had been training. Their fighting style reminded him of the Empire's soldiers who he had fought often. But simpler, more efficient.

"Nobody who has been trained by Dante has failed to improve"

It was Mercedes. In front of her eyes, the invisibility of the Hooded Zip Up was meaningless.

"I wasn't trying to spy. I just wanted to be able to move through the crowds without being noticed."

"I do not question your majesty. Even if you wanted to peek in the baths, that would be okay."

"Why would I peek in the..."

He had never had such an idea!
    What?! Should he go later...?

"I'm glad you're okay your majesty."

"You know you don't have to worry about me."

He saw Piaro arrive and pulled out his sword.

"Piaro, Mercedes, I would like to request a duel."

He wanted to check for himself.

The power of the Overgeared Kingdom's strongest.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  16. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

Piaro noticed Mercedes and Grid with each other.

"It saddens me that you would ask for a duel with a woman you were just embracing."

"I wasn't embracing him. I was just feeling faint and his majesty supported me"

"That's cute..."

Mercedes blushed.

Grid looked at Piaro.

"You look happy. Is it because of the wife?"

It was because of Grid that Piaro had met Beniyaru and his heart was restored. He smiled.

They entered duel mode, where neither person would die if they lost the fight.

Immediately, winds rose around Piaro. Far more powerful than before. He had learned from Braham and his mastery of Nature Energy had deepened. Unlike before, it was now much more flexible. He too had grown a lot over the last month.

Dante and Sinclaud (Sinclair) quickly arrived, followed by Hurent, attracted by the commotion.

"It's far too early for his majesty to be challenging Piaro."

"No, you don't know Grid."

Sinclaud was surprised. Hadn't Hurent's opinion of Piaro always been as high as a God's?

Dante on the other hand was excited. Grid may not be a match for Piaro but if he could build on the talent of someone like Grid, then Grid's growth would be amazing!

The winds moved blowing everything away. They expected Grid to be blown away.

But he didn't move. He sat in a crouched position using the the White Tiger's stance. The price of the high defense was that he couldn't move.

Suddenly, Piaro jumped. His sickle coming straight for Grid's head.

And yet, Grid didn't move to dodge. He had definitely seen the incoming attack. If he chose not to dodge then that meant that there was something else happening.

Everyone winced.

Piaro's sickle crashed into Grid's head, and Piaro felt pain fill his arms. Grid however was unaffected. It was the power of White Tiger's stance combined with 'Rock'.

"Stone head...", Sinclaud reacted. That's the only thing he could think of. Grid's head was so tough that it couldn't be broken by a blade.

"Are you immune to blades now?"

Piaro started sowing seeds, quickly followed by rapid growth and "Sweet Potato Storm!"

Before Piaro had needed intermediate multiple steps to do this, but now he could do it immediately after sowing seeds.

Sweet Potatoes exploded everywhere.

"Even if this is a duel, this is just too extreme to use against our lord"

In the past when they dueled Piaro, his mastery of the sword would make him almost invisible. But now... He had become so brazen since he became a farmer.

They expected Grid to be turned to pulp but as the scene cleared. They saw that Grid was covered with fire and looked unharmed whereas Piaro looked like he had been burned... They had thought that Piaro was in complete control at every step but it was the other way around!

Grid's fires filled the air with his Flame Incarnation Storm.

"I heard that you defeated a Half God".

"Many of them were weaker than you."

"But some were also stronger..."

Piaro moved his nature energies and watermelons grew out of the ground, cooling and neutralizing the power of the Flame Incarnation Storm.

Sinclaud felt that it would be over soon. In order to defeat Grid, Piaro would have to put his life on the line.

A shadow fell on the ground. The shadow of a massive object.

Grid knew the nature of what was coming and the three strikes. He could no longer hold back. He had to fight with all his power!

"Supersonic Smash!"
    (5 Sword Fusion)

Grid dominated the space with his Storm.

"Pounding Mortar!"

But Piaro's power overcame Grid's dominance with his own power.

“…!”

“…!”

Dante and Sinclaud stared.

Mercedes held her hands together in tension, as Hurent held a bag of rice close to his chest.

“…!”

Grid was lying in silence.

He glanced up at the clear sky.

"It's much stronger than mine."

Piaro had grown too much in the last month. Piaro's flowing Nature Energy was more powerful than the power Grid had achieved with the help of the Power of the White Tiger.

‘…I feel good.'

He heard Piaro's voice from somewhere above his head from where he was lying as he smiled.

"I am ashamed that I underestimated his majesty earlier."

Piaro also lay on the ground.

It was a draw.

In a real fight it might have gone either way at the end, but in the duel, it was a draw.

Suddenly, someone's voice was heard shouting.

"Piaro! No salary for seven months!"

"...!"

It was Administrator Rabbit.

Grid got a glimpse of the weight of that voice as he saw Piaro shaking.

17. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like Grid wanted to try and measure the power of his new skills rather than straight out win. The only time he was hit was with the pounding mortar after all. With his new power-ups he could have avoided the pounding mortar if he used sunpo to get out of the way, use the earth god to create a structure that would hold the mortar for 30 seconds or 200k swordsmanship. Not sure if lightning god would have worked given the suppression property of Piaro's nature energy. Piaro's major weakness is that the speed of his techniques is not that high, especially when compared to Madra's swordsmanship. Good to know he is somewhat fixing this weakness. Even before, his speed was good enough to defeat Diworth so he's no slowpoke. However Grid could probably have tagged him with 200k crushing sword and then 100k swordsmanship. Also I wonder to what extent Kraugel could fight with the current piaro. The ability to switch places with his swords, skill erasing swordsmanship, manifestation of will and quick command would all be a great problem for Piaro.

Let's hope Mercedes has developed strong/killer techniques of her own for the next fight. Her strongest techniques are all supreme swordsmanship ones. With the matchless heart technique, she can afford to use resource taxing techniques. Her style is about exposing weakness but otherwise she'll have no chance to do anything if her opponents can whip out meteors. There is a limit to how much she can accomplish with pure finesse.

18. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That fight was awsome

And I'm glad to hear that Piaro had growth comparable to grid, because that's insane, i wonder if combing the 4 breaths creates a breath of nature

LordKarsus likes this.
  19. REDIV

REDIV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When the salary is threatened, even the strong become weak

LordKarsus likes this.
  20. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These glimpses of Rabbit makes me wish he had a larger role as a foil.