Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. moneng85

moneng85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    welp, my membership is ded
    at least the arc is finished just in time

and i want to make a confession...
    i am not even Christian lol, can i still say Amen?

2. moneng85

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say that haster is exactly weak
    and in the first place they are called 5 miracles that is observed by the Satisfy chairman because their actions cant be predicted even by the futuristic super computer in the first place, so it is not based on strength
    Grid->treating NPC humanely
    Kraugel->uncalculateable immense talent
    Agnus->goal is to revive a RL dead person in satisfy
    Hurrent->1st player to beat numerous monsters without skills and earn aura master class, also farmer(growth type class can become legendary)
    Haster->follows, being accepted and raised by an NPC for 3-4 years in real(9-12 years in satisfy time) without interacting with other players or following quest(remember that his class as the red sage is not even completed yet)

also in Haster's defense he is not a bad guy(a bit too arrogant though), also his class is not complete, he is an all-rounder that is better than above average, currently only defeated by grid(or Braham actually) because he misread the type of attack(skill and basic magic) and out of all players we see so far, only kraugel, grid, agnus, zibal and hurrent could defeat him
    reasons:
    Haster have a super secret class(red sage)
    He can be a close ranger and also cast magic(like grid)(thats why they call grid HAX)(have you seen other player playing close range and magic at the same time?)(not like Pon or other players that imbue their weapon with magic, but two different class system) and have more versatile magic
    also most players have one time shield that can nullify one strong attack but Haster can cancel out skills or special tier magic for A WHOLE 10 SEC!! even Bald Vanter needs to be the highest guardian class in order to use the one time use skill that can nullify damage but only for 5 sec
    now that they have been compared, haster is not weak, but terribly unlucky, just like the first two years of punching bag Zibal

JZ505 likes this.
  3. OverlyBadassmc

OverlyBadassmc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nice argument.
    here's my take, i personally will put haster, hurent and kraugel in one basket, their advantage is their control. agnus in another basket because he is mad dog, his fighting style didn't care of calculation( and his class also help). and finally grid in last basket because his work ethic( and plot armor :p )
    that's why i disappointed by haster, because as someone who rely on control, his introduction so far was not as impressive as his title fps king.(edit : his intro when fighting amos was impresive, but after that little bit let down.)
    but if we take other aspect (like his class and all) i agree he is quite op, but still, unless something big happen to his plot in the future, i will put haster -> hurent -> kraugel/agnus -> grid

bud don't take me wrong, i only compare those 5 people. i still will put haster above most of overgeared member, or other ranker

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  4. OverlyBadassmc

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyway some out off topic tought.
    I remember reading a chapter where grid saw news about asteroid that's in colution course with earth. What if satisfy was just a test project and the next step are migrating all human conciousnes to satisfy world..in case of major disaster happen . Just some crazy idea. Lol

5. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is something the author addressed in the comments of where he uploads the story:
    So some readers complained that the news part was unnecessarily long and accused the author of putting useless filler in.
    The author replied, explaining that his next work is in the same world as Overgeared and the asteroid and people gaining actual skills from Satisfy cuz of muscle memory or something are all related to the next work he's planning.
    So they have nothing to do with Overgeared but stuff about that will appear in his next work. He's simply laying down the foundation for his next book, so it won't seem weird when asteroids and skills appear suddenly.

moneng85 likes this.
  6. moneng85

Reading List:
    Link
    dang, looks like Irene wont be living in the RL world as Grid
    could expect a... i dont want to say it but... Irene Martyr death flag....
    :sweating_profusely::blob_teary::blob_teary:

7. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Irene dying would be dramatic, although it sounds unlikely any time soon. Plus, I imagine that the author's future story will have new characters and not be about Grid.

@Godgrid What's the story line after the tournament completes (and the romantic interlude with Yura)? Is Grid successfully threatening the Saharan Empire, or something else?

Is Grid ever going to hit Level 400? Will Braham ever recover? Does Noe's eating intelligent enemies cause Braham to recover temporarily?

8. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll write a detailed explanation later but something major happened right now. Grid got his third class, Epic Magic swordsman, a legendary growth class. I'll explain it later as I'm busy rn

9. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks.

And that sounds like an unexpected turn of events. Through Braham or other events?

10. Vicaroon

Vicaroon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Epic magic swordsman, from the name of it I thought it would be epic class (growth).

LordKarsus likes this.
  11. OverlyBadassmc

Reading List:
    Link
    so is it legendary the starting point or legendary the end point? if it's the starting, than myth class here we go :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

LordKarsus likes this.
  12. moneng85

Reading List:
    Link
    Most likely its legendary starting though

13. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    If he has three Legendary classes at the same time, there should be some benefit.

Although... His Duke of Wisdom, or the original Great Magician classes... Maybe it's because they're not part of the official legendary classes, but it doesn't seem like there's a natural growth path for them, or related quests.

Like Mercedes as a Legendary Knight has her Knight's Resolutions, Kraugel has his Swordsmanship creation etc. and Grid as Pagma's Descendant has Item Creation.

But in the years that Grid had Legendary Great Magician, he didn't really uncover almost anything, and he had almost no quests related to Great Magician.

Although that should be impossible with his proto-Myth class.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Vicaroon likes this.
  14. Redrathna

Redrathna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he make glass for evil eye king

15. moneng85

Reading List:
    Link
    Just basing on the current chapters he have succeded in making one but the problem is that the glasses only have 300+ durability and ether's properties make it that it can withstand each magic attack at the cost of one durability(which is OP considering normal fireball and murmud's magic can be negated at the same 1 durability)
    But evil eye king' magic eyes is passive which would easily destroy 300+ durability
    Thats why Grid wants to fully understand the ether glasses and seeks to improve it, maybe also dream of putting it into equipments for magic canceling(another OP stuff if it could be realised)

Vicaroon likes this.
  16. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Low quality spoilers for the next 10 chapters or so:
    • The fight with the empire starts.
    • Goldhit maybe appears and gets bashed by Grid.
    • Jishuka succeeds Povia as the Legendary Archer (that sounds unfortunate - for her level - but maybe she got lucky somehow... Spirit of Povia may have appeared, been into Jishuka, and been rejected by her because she's of course, into Grid)
    • Grid gets the Dragon's blessing, and the egg hatches... And is then fed food made by that people poisoning East Continent chef?
    • I think Grid acquires a Dragon NPC in humanoid girl form... And forces her to pay rent for staying in the Overgeared Kingdom.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Vicaroon and OverlyBadassmc like this.
  17. OverlyBadassmc

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. Thanks man...

18. OverlyBadassmc

Reading List:
    Link
    If goldhit maybe appear.. Then other pilar already appears? Did gransmaster also appear?

19. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't think so.

Although, I cheated and looked at the comments on future Overgeared chapters on wuxiaworld (LOL), so I can only see what people were talking about in the comments.

Which is what makes these low quality spoilers.

20. OverlyBadassmc

Reading List:
    Link
    how ? well nevertheless, thanks again