Recommendations Overlord Fanfic ? Crisis HELP

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Chghaith, May 12, 2019.

1. Chghaith

Chghaith Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am searching for a fanfic about Overlord's yggdrasil (the game not the new world)
    i want it to cover how the player starts as a lvl 1 and what build he choses in details until he gets to lvl 100 (maybe get into a guild) and then when the game ends get transported into another world or whatever .
    what i am obssesed with and whant to see is the leveling

2. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanfic as in the “fanfic”?

3. Chghaith

Chghaith Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Desappointement

4. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ???
    fanfic - short for fanfiction/fan-fiction, a fiction, in most cases a written one, about a work (in most cases another fictive work) from another person. google it if you want a better description, but what were you trying to ask?

6. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    People are getting confused because you are asking for "fanfic" about something that seem like it was made to be a "canon" backstory for Overlord.....I don't think there is a "fanfic" like that out there....
    No wait....CN Authors are actually quite creative in plagiarizing...you might actually find one.

7. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord's LN translations are called a fanfic as a tongue-in-cheek DMCA sidestep, or something to that effect. He was asking if the dude was looking for the actual LN translation, basically. But he's not. This guy is looking for an actual fanfic, and a weirdly specific one: a fanfic about the game Overlord uses as backstory, and not the world Overlord actually takes place in. There most likely isn't one.

Boredgasm, Capsize, Chghaith and 2 others like this.
  8. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    The only Overlord fanfic ive read is that one posted by nigel himself. I thought that it was real/canon at first :notlikeblob:

kfahad likes this.
  9. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

haven't read a fanfic about bg story of Overlord, and I don't think something so specific as OP want is out there yet.

10. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord is heavily based on Dungeons & Dragons. So pretty much if you only care about the classes and leveling up I would suggest looking for other D&D fanfic. Only real difference between Overlord and other stories based on D&D is tht Overlord focuses on the "monsters" of the world instead of adventures.

11. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Strongly disagree. Except for maybe a few bits and pieces, Overlord's systems don't really resemble D&D at all. Something like Night Ranger or City of Sin is much closer to D&D, and even those are quite a stretch. Overlord is more MMORPG territory.

12. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    The author is a heavy D&D fan who has talked about how big of impact the game has had on his writing(doesn't actually say for Overlord though). The magic system is pretty much from v.3 of game.

The only main difference, besides different names for world and god, is the level system. DnD stops at 40 while Overlord goes much higher. Also some of the resurrection spells are different tiers than DnD as well. Pretty much he took Dungeons & Dragons and combined it with an MMO and got Overlord out of it.

On a side note their are plenty of forums on reddit arguing this so lets not make this a big discussion. lol

Westeller likes this.
  13. Chghaith

Chghaith Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks i'll look into it

14. KLJY

KLJY Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too. He destroyed my hope in humanity.

15. Chghaith

Chghaith Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what's the difference betwen this and canon (can i have a link ? )

16. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a novel on royalroad called Blood and Honor that you might find interesting. It is a Dungeon & Dragons themed MMO, which in my opinion is what Overlord is like, where the MC stumbles upon an expansion that introduces the Vampire race. So pretty much he becomes a Vampire and has to restart/rebuild the race. So there is the MMORPG fights/dungeon runs, there is somewhat of a base building element, and in the last section of the current section the Mc is starting a Vampire guild with his friends(he can turn other players into vampires). He also has npcs who follow him around and guard his base.

It currently has 101 chapters with the last being posted 10 hours ago and this is probably as close as you are going to get to what you are asking for.

17. KLJY

KLJY Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The content of fanfic I read from that damn person is that a certain princess got hypnotized and mind break and give birth to lots of babies from her rapist.

No, I'm not trolling. That's the fanfic that person wrote.

18. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    No wonder you thought it was canon. I could see that happening in Overlord. :blobrofl:

KLJY likes this.
  19. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly! And the way he post it in between chapters make it seems like it's canon. So many people got trolled, including me :blobjoy:.

Westeller likes this.