Which Chapter Overlord Light novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by jad14661, Oct 15, 2020.

1. jad14661

jad14661 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been bored recently and saw someone recommend Overlord (LN) in a thread so i wanted to pick it up, i've watched all 3 seasons of the anime so im wondering what chapter does it leaf off on? if you dont know the anime but know the Ln, its the part where Ainz fights gazef and stops time to destroy him

2. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend like always to start reading the LN from the beginning since the anime’s always leave stuff out.

3. Jed333

Jed333 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll be missing a lot by not reading from the beginning. Vol 9 I believe is the War with the Kingdom Arc but I may be misremembering. The last LN released so far was 12 btw unless a new one came out I am unaware of.

4. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest if you want to pick a novel, don't start from where it was left in anime, but instead from the start of the novel. The anime version of any novel always have something skipped or rushed, and that's how we got a crappy anime adaptation. For Overlord, while anime version is quite enjoyable, it still skips a lot of details.

I don't read the ln, but it do read it's wn version, and even in the early chapter i can say there's a lot of things skipped in anime (though in anime/ln albedo and the shota elf existed), especially the character's monologues and PoV which is quite enjoyable to me.

Its not like you can't read it from where anime left it though.

Also, i apologize for not being able to answer your question. In WN qazef is still alive, so its quite different than ln version.