Discussion Overlord Season 3 Rant

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by SageRozenburg, Sep 18, 2018.

1. animanaicT

animanaicT Nobody Important

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if I didn't like when the author shows side characters, i wouldn't classify it as filler becuase it serves a purpose to the main storyline or showcases the different perspectives people have in the situations that actually supplement the main storyline. (To me filler is space just made to increase word count/minutes/episodes/etc..) ... dont get me wrong not disagreeing with you (Vol 8 kinda feels slow) but for lack of a better term its more than a filler for me.

2. SageRozenburg

SageRozenburg [Not a pervert][Not Suspicious]

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel meet and great was so well made, you can actually picture their awe and fear, naturally, yet the anime meet and great is so force its like actors actually holding the script and reading it instead of acting it.

3. SageRozenburg

Reading List:
    Link
    Like the lizard sex scene?

kenar and animanaicT like this.
  4. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't know but I feel the time constraint is more than anything else, about 3 months in between seasons. Imagine if they took the amount of time they did in these last two seasons into one season. (Not advocating for it just a example need more time for more quality)

Havisu likes this.
  5. Unrivaledfury

Unrivaledfury Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that feel bro. They have focused on all useless sh** like Sebastian maid, marquis papa son relationship, ranting between useless characters, hell even goblins. And skipped all the main elements in the volume. Hell I even started to suspect that this studio wants to defame the famous franchise.

6. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    That was one sentence and maybe a page thinking about sex ed, in the anime that was like maybe 5 seconds and maybe 1 minute for thinking about sex ed for the elves... a better example would be the bath scene, or the village scenes.

7. Unrivaledfury

Reading List:
    Link
    There is more than that. Too many pointless and skippable scenes are put while awesome badass scenes are skipped. ZTZ

8. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    My number thing that i love is that so-bin does such a good job illustrating the few pics he gives us that it is so hard for a studio to follow that. So i already expected low for the anime and then when watching the fight scences even lower... its just not gonna beat my imagination. Still loving the anime just not betting it going to be better than the book and my imagination.
    Cant wait for Neia Baraha to show uo tho!

Unrivaledfury likes this.
  9. Unrivaledfury

Reading List:
    Link
    And did you notice. In novel in various circumstances like underground exploration of Nazario, emperoelr meeting and any character that comes in frot of Ainz are supposed to seat buckets, stammer, show despair. But I swear every character so far in anime have only shown fearless smile as if mocking Ainz. Its more fun and enjoyable to watch characters make different sorts of reactions .zzz Z This totally ruins the flavour of the story. Poorly made. Even Ainz is supposed to summon death knights + horses/nightmare steeds or whatever they are called. In anime it's just death knights.

10. Unrivaledfury

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup in the end imagination is our best ally

11. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    And honestly the whole entire time when i was reading it didnt even feel that good compared to the first few books until the last part anyways, the climax is the climax afterall.
    splat splat splat splat splat splat splat splat

Edited for typos...

12. bonifide

bonifide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read wiki too and I just dont give a shit about humans in this world. So much focus on them when you got other unique individuals.

13. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    To me I think the difficulty in showcasing all the book has to offer is that the book is primarily driven by dialogue (both internal and external dialogue) and misunderstandings. And for anime there arent enough juicy action scenes. Most of the action is quick, one touch and your dead type stuff. Like for example the monogatori series its pushed mostly by dialogue too, but in that animation style they decide to just focus in on the main characters and thats it, (which i think is amazing how they did it).

14. animanaicT

Reading List:
    Link
    Well at least the next season when/if it comes out might help you there (most of it anyway).

15. SageRozenburg

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope next week, they will give us a great episode since ive been riding this anticipation train for a week now and i thought im gonna disembark, but since they gave a goblin episode , it seems ill be riding for another week

16. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah they did gloss over important parts and inflated a lot of crappy smaller bits, like when the elf's looks for the emperor, the main bit ie the meeting outside and "big" bit about showing magic off before going in to the tomb

17. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is all about giving seemingly useless characters spotlights all the time, that's why anime is better.
    I only have to say one thing about ep 11 : Eeeeeeh

Raobihr likes this.
  18. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i had not watched it before..they skipped too many things that meeting should have taken an entire episode.

19. Luizhng

Luizhng Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you kidding? The whole Volume 4 is a filler (the pointless Lizardman Arc). The Carne Village arc is also pretty boring, it should have been summarized in a single anime episode.

20. Ol bugga

Ol bugga Carved of stone

Reading List:
    Link
    It's called world building. Don't know if you've heard of it

Ddraig likes this.