@OverlyFriendly Playing Pokémon

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by OverlyFriendly, Jul 11, 2019.

1. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    I want somewhere to put whatever the hell I'm doing playing Pokémon instead of interspaced between google docs and my notebook.

I am an avid casual player of Pokémon, and since it is holiday time for me I have been playing Pokémon games via roms or my cartridges that sometimes work.

I like NUF and I like Pokémon so I decided to make a sort of listing of the Game's and what I'm doing on them on this doc and make the OP some sort of directory.
    I'll also post related artworks to the game's I'm playing I've finished (because I have a lot of unfinished one's lying around) as well.

This thread can also be a discussion about the game's I'm playing, people's thoughts or if people want to join me in for wholesome Pokémon challenges!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Nom de Plume, Nargol and Sabruness like this.
  2. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Pokémon LeafGreen
    redjolteonsprites.png
    Playing on: Emulator
    Challenge: Solo-run with Jolteon
    Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 2.45.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 2.46.51 PM.png
    Notes: I used the Pokémon Randomiser to replace one of the starter pokémon with Jolteon. Since for the first few levels it learn's nothing decent, I really struggled but afterwards it was steamroll after steamroll. It's actually pretty fun!

3. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Pokémon White 2
    Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 2.55.58 PM.png
    Challenge: Steel-type Monotype and no revives
    Post-Game Challenge: Unlock Type-Expert in PWT and Catch + Evolve more Steel-types to participate in PKMN League.
    Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 2.55.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 2.59.07 PM.png

notes: I hacked in random starters and chose 1 of them which was Aron. He stopped being very useful however after the first 2 gyms, and never really needed to use him either, but in the champion fight against Iris he was the real MVP. Took down the 2nd half of her team.

4. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Pokemon Conquest
    [​IMG]
    Challenge: Casual Run/Evolve all minions

Warlord Main Pokémon Secondary Pokémon
    Sky
    [​IMG]
    Eevee
    [​IMG]
    n/a
    Oichi
    [​IMG]
    Wigglytuff
    [​IMG]
    n/a
    Ginchiyo
    [​IMG]
    Luxray
    [​IMG]
    n/a
    Muneshige
    [​IMG]
    Staraptor
    [​IMG]
    n/a
    Yoshihiro
    [​IMG]
    Gurdurr
    [​IMG]
    n/a
    Yoshimoto
    [​IMG]
    Pineco
    [​IMG]
    n/a
    Shingen
    [​IMG]
    Rhyperior
    [​IMG]
    n/a
    Kenshin
    [​IMG]
    Gallade
    [​IMG]
    n/a
    Kunoichi
    [​IMG]
    Scraggy
    [​IMG]
    n/a
    Yukimura
    [​IMG]
    Charmander
    [​IMG]
    Pignite
    [​IMG]
    Kanetsugu
    [​IMG]
    Abra
    [​IMG]
    Kirlia
    [​IMG]
    notes: used to own the game before I gave it away as a gift, and I found out recently how much content I woefully didn't explore. Going all out for it!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  5. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Pokémon White 2
    white-2delete.png
    Playing-on: Nintendo 3/DS
    Challenge: Complete Habitat Pokédex and make a Hub-World
    n/a
    [​IMG]
    Notes: Making a Hub World because I have some Gen 4 game's that need some spring cleaning before I delete their current saved data. I'm mostly using a DS for playing the game, but since I'm making use of the Dream Radar on the 3DS, I switch over that to transfer Pokémon. Currently got a level 20 Therian form Tornadus in the PC I'm wondering if I should use... hm.

6. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Pokémon UltraMoon
    ultramoon-delete.png
    Playing-on: Nintendo 3DS
    Challenge: No Pokémon refresh and complete that weird alt-universe bad team thing
    [​IMG]
    Waver/Swampert
    [​IMG]
    Tetna/Magnezone
    [​IMG]

Feindal/Honchkrow
    [​IMG]

Solaire/Volcarona
    [​IMG]

Preserve/Alolan-Ninetales
    [​IMG]

Pippy/Naganadel
    [​IMG]
    Notes: I finally payed for Pokémon Bank again and then I promptly remembered that my old hub world was Pokemon White and it is a huge pain to sort through boxes in it, I abandoned some of my Pokémon to be deleted... I had a Decidueye and a Mudsdale but I hated the damn owl. It was 'adequate' and I didn't have any weird affection for me to ignore it! So I chucked it out, shifted through my Bank, got a Volcarona, Ninetails and a bunch of other water types, including Swampert.
    Bred like 10 of them each, and picked what seemed to be the best ones although I'm a bit salty that I got a bunch of modest mudkips but not a single modest vulpix or larvesta...
    Just found a Dusk stone too, so I finally evolved my Murkrow and ditched the eviolite, bless it's stone heart. It can now hang out with Larvesta till it evolves. I kinda chucked Mudsdale although it is actually good cause I want an Ultra Beast on my team and Waver covers that nice Ground typing. Made a chart and everything on what Pokémon to get, and the disavantages/advantages. + what I actually wanted on my team lol.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Yul B Allwright likes this.
  7. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh God

If there's a thread that will survive the apocalypse, its oly playing pokemon

This is never going to end

lowkey interesting though

8. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO. Plebs, I'm currently writhing in agony over the new pokemon games -

9. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Not going to talk about it. I mean I'd still enjoy it, sure but it's just low-key disappointing. I'm just hoping that the player characters don't look like a husk while doing anything. It still bothers me while playing Moon/Sun or Ultra Moon :sweating_profusely:
    I do my best to ignore it though!
    Being will-fully blind to GameFreaks faults is great! no more worries for the rest of my days~! :blobparty:

10. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Legit typed out a paragraph before deciding against it. Lol, your money your choice anyway. But ya, as for me Imma just play all the oldies I got. :blobokhand:

OverlyFriendly likes this.
  11. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    pfft yeah. gotta lie in my grave and all that.
    I'm probably going to put a higher priority on getting dem oldies anyway, but if I'm getting the switch, why not?
    all the power to you my 2D era friend! \o

Delirious likes this.
  12. Delirious

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, I love the Switch. With all the crap Microsoft and Sony have been pulling recently ( like forcing censorship on games and forcing policies banning certain "kinds" of "hate" speech by banning accounts outright and denying them access to products they have bought) I pretty much only use my gaming PC and the Switch as a console. The only bad thing I can say about the Switch is the lack of social UI and functions; I;E Achievements and party/chat function. Otherwise, I don't have anything bad to say about it. I guess the fact it costs another 70$ for a good controller (pro) is a bummer. But ya, have fun with it, it's awesome.

OverlyFriendly likes this.
  13. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    oh wow. I'm mostly in the Nintendo Crowd, and learning about Microsoft and everything else via Osmosis.. but wow thats terrible. Reminds me a bit about the lack of any official 'gambling' places in the recent pokemon games.. probably more overt in your cases. :(

I have heard some criticism about the bad lack of communication and chatting online on the switch. Tbh the best nintendo chat option I know of is the Pictochat which came out as a software on the DS.

The last time's I've tried to bother was on Pokemon X and Mario Kart 7... was very rubbish and not really worth mentioning. Otherwise quite excited to play other than the motion controls! Was fun for Wii Sports and the like, but for everything else it was quite rubbish. Not exactly my cup of tea.

And will do! :blobsalute:

Delirious likes this.
  14. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Pokémon Emerald
    emeraldop.png
    Playing-on: Emulator/Phone
    Challenge: Can only catch 1st Pokémon of every Route, and switch Party member's with those of the same typing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Notes: Praying to find a dark type to replace Mightyena with because it's pretty bad with the physical/special split going on and its just not great.. I also forgot to put it's name in all caps so its bothering me a bit. *sigh*. sort of casual run on my phone, the only rom on my phone atm. The skitty is so damn rare too, so I'm quite lucky to get it. I'm also including a sort of Shiny clause that's up to me how I want to run it. I started it before my White 2 run, and this is where I got the name 'Much'Moore' from. It's actually an Icecream brand but it has 'ore' in it. so it's a pun! fuahahaha!
    used to own the rom but I lost it. Which really sucks tbh.

15. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously? I mean I had some fun with the videochat feature from Pokemon BW/BW2 but that's pretty nasty :blobfearful:
    I think I heard some rumours about it, but I wasn't really in an area where people owned a nintendo, so I didn't hear much about it.

But yeah, I guess that definitely makes sense. But I'd still like a freedom towards at least chatting with other people, rather than clicking pre-made messages or emojis.
    I mean, in Pokemon TCG that's exactly what happens and it does make it safer and less drama caused by shitty users but.. pulls down the overall user experience. I can only hope in the future they'll include a software, while not including video features, will at least make use of the microphone in it. I have heard of some games making use of it to have more chat capabilities which is nice! now we just got to wait for the official nintendo products to include it too. Probably. Perhaps not, it has been 2 years in the Switch's lifecycle... orz

must be awkward having to pull out your phone to chat with others too :\
    Might as well use skype or discord imo

Delirious likes this.
  16. mrawesome69

mrawesome69 I'm getting too old for this shit

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been wandering. Are you ever gonna stop playing pokemon? I can honestly imagine you as a grandma yelling at her grandkids that Pokémon are the best thing ever.

17. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what's your name when you play the version with alola pokemon~
    Is it "aloli" ? :blobjoy::blobrofl::blobwhistle:

mrawesome69 likes this.
  18. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably not. I'm actually less in-your-face about Pokemon irl >_>
    And I respect other people's opinions!
    but stopping playing pokemon? I will take breaks, probably even ones for a few years but I will never stop permanently playing it!
    I also now have Pokemon mobile games to full my addiction

19. mrawesome69

mrawesome69 I'm getting too old for this shit

Reading List:
    Link
    As expected from our Pokémon crazed loli

20. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    !
    oh wow
    I.... TO SPITE YOU IN MY GAME OF POKEMON SUN IM CALLING MYSELF THAT!
    It doesn't shame me!!!!!!
    oi

GonZ555 likes this.