Recommendations Overpowered MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by GekkoZockt, Oct 7, 2017.

1. GekkoZockt

GekkoZockt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really love Chinese and Japanese web novels, really I do. But what I hate the most is if the author tries to tell me that the MC is in a close fight and just before he dies he magically evolves and wins the fight. Why do author's try to tell me that an MC is going to die when there are still 1000 chapter's to go? I know who win's the fight god dammit!!
    So I was just wondering if the NU community can recommend me novels with the style of Emperor's Domination, where I don't get flooded with so called "close fights".

Thank's for your recommendations :)

2. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    Just checking, but did you check the tag for OP Protagonist yet? Protagonist Strong from the Start might also be a good tag to check.

I'll recommend some of my favorites even if you haven't though.

Btw, are you pissed off at those novels because of Meng Hao in ISSTH? He keeps getting hurt lol

With tag:
    I Never Run Out of Mana I don't really remember this novel, but I felt it was pretty good and it has the tag... so.... yeah.
    Main Character Hides His Strength Decent read (physically OP MC), but dark.
    Seoul Station's Necromancer Dark, and not my type, but it's a pretty good read.
    My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending Really fun read, but I don't like the way it's going recently (got slightly darker and I'm not a fan of dark stuff).
    Virtual World: Peerless White Emperor In-game, he's strong. Outside...
    Martial King's Retired Life Low-key MC. It's sorta got a mystical feel, but it's comedic.
    Trafford's Trading Club Slice of Life w/ bits of action.
    Zither Emperor Genius MC that is totally above his age's power level. Translation stopped though.
    Dude half-killed a large group of strong enemies almost by himself and killed a bunch of dragons at the same time too.
    Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil MC's almost omniscient and is calculating.

W/o tag: Might have a few scrapes (and what you said not to include), but overall I'd say the MCs are pretty OP.
    Perfect World The devilish brat eventually starts stomping eveywhere.
    Skyfire Avenue It's a good read even if it got slightly boring later on. 'Explained' 1 time Rape though.
    Otherworldly Evil Monarch At least among the people at his level/age, no one's close.
    Star Rank Hunter A really fun novel. MC's calculating and skilled. OP at age level at least.

Kinda off-topic, but Library of Heaven's Path is a master of all type MC so his faceslapping skills are OP. It might get repetitive, but it's high quality faceslapping. A quick, funny read.

(Also, you misspelled/mistyped OP wrong in your tagging)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    RTS and GekkoZockt like this.
  3. GekkoZockt

GekkoZockt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank's for your suggestions.

Yes. He's a very good example. This was the thing that annoyed me the most in ISSTH.
    If we all know that MC have a thicc plot armor, it's better if the author uses it as a narrative element than trying to deny it's existence.

SayMrrp likes this.
  4. Yolo Swag

Yolo Swag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, if u hate close fight just dont read novels with weak to strong tag, and read only with overpowered and strong from the start tag...

SayMrrp likes this.
  6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link