Discussion Overrated novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ZhaWarudo, Nov 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phreasilva

Phreasilva Gluttonous Prick that doesn't get Fat

Reading List:
    Link
    The biggest question is... Why are these Novels OVERRATED? of course someone read them...

2. sylarin

sylarin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's called Preference, and some people enjoy reading it

WeaselLord, ElTorroLoco and aishiya like this.
  3. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh, people trash talking about Emperor's Domination and other novels.

Stop being delusional thinking you are "special", "elitist" and all "different".
    The fact of the matter is that reading something different or having a different view compared to the majority does not make you smart but you are a snowflake who pats himself in the back and repeats this in his "don't mind them, they don't know have a clue, they can't see the flaws, issues and how bad it is. They do not have the brains like me and able to see masterpieces like I do"(something along those lines).

The fact is, if you have really exceptional taste and you are smart; you would not trash talk other novels. You know why? If someone finds a really good novel that thinks it is amazing, they will promote that novel so people can get a taste of what "real" excellence is. You sound like a fake preacher who tries to preach the Bible and has no clue about the Bible... if you want to preach/teach, you won't be pointing fingers saying "you are all trash and I am better than you". Someone truly intelligent would show himself as an example and by being an example he promotes the good of what he wants to promote.

I am sorry to say but what ever novels most people mentioned as "overrated" are not overrated. The fact of the matter, they have their own things that can attract the interest of the average reader compared to your "special" interest, their achievement of attracting so many people obscures your opinion.

For example, Emperor's Domination can be repetitive but if you look at the world building and the development is real as we discover the foundation and actions Li Que has done to prepare for the future. I like how he already knows nearly all of the mysteries of the world and we discover them step by step. Nothing is perfect and you are being delusional thinking that one thing is overrated because of its many flaws or issues... but you are ignoring a simple fact, a human can have something they like or love and it can cover/obscure everything else. As I enjoy the world building and seeing the actions Li Que has done in the past to prepare for the future, I cannot be bothered by the so many issues or things that would annoy me at times.

Conclusion? If you are special with so many "legit" good novels... why are you wasting time mocking other novels? I know why? You are bored and you cannot enjoy fully any novel... thus, you pat yourself in the back, stroke your own ego and masturbate to yourself thinking you are something amazing and special. Yet, you are lonely looking for attention with nothing better to do than want to let others partake in your self-masturbation session.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  4. MutsuKata

MutsuKata 『RO2's MG42 Operator』 『RS2's Loach Combat Pilot』

Reading List:
    Link
    See? it's all preference.

5. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    It's common sense, never buy a brand if you got the same or better by someone who didn't spend millions on advertising.
    Ok...Mr.Butthurt, you're the delusional one here. I'm the first to admit I'm reading trash novels here, but at least I'm not reading the absolute worst of them. There are rankings everywhere, do you think people wouldn't mind if Police Academy 6 had rating 8/10 on IMDB?

6. bluewolves

bluewolves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So you say everyone who buy apple idiot?

7. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    [Insert title of a novel that many people enjoy but I don't, since we have different tastes] is overrated, because many people say it's the best they have ever read, some say it's good, but I don't like it. It doesn't matter that a rating is the average impression of those who have bothered to read it, if I don't like it, it's overrated.

^-that's what I hear in my mind every time I see this kind of thread.

WeaselLord and Hilltopy like this.
  8. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    No, well smart people do stupid stuff too, it depends, I think apple is way cheaper in the US, and most people don't know technological stuff so they buy whatever is advertised.

9. Lswarmruler

Lswarmruler 『Anya, The Cutest Esper Loli』《Spy x Family Manga》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i could also mentioned weakness of any novel u think is good and underrated, as for me everything is always overrated.. but what's the benefit of that other than to hurt other people feeling... so, just shut up, as ur opinion also doesnt matter...

10. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened?

11. tornberry

tornberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no such thing as overrated. No one has power over other people's opinions and preferences. Sorry if this offend anyone, but usually people who blabber about 'this series is overrated' were usually those who hated those series. And IMHO, no one should force it to others by expressing their hatred over some series' popularity

WeaselLord and aishiya like this.
  12. rotweissewaffel

rotweissewaffel Adept Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure that was ironic

13. 13th Echelon

13th Echelon Piping Hot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are definitely overrated novels out there but most of them are just popular... For new readers, you have to have your own preferences and don't waste your time basing what to read on something that is popular.

Honestly, just a novel being called overrated is just an opinion of the minority. You people don't have to be so serious about it.

WeaselLord likes this.
  14. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    So many people saying there is no such thing as overrated, yet clearly the word exists,srsly bunch of butthurt people can't even discuss novels in a novels forum.

blablabla12 and Mahou-nii-sama like this.
  15. Fares

Fares Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was nice at the start but you lost me with all special and trash by the way are you not doing the same as "you are lonely looking for attention with nothing better to do than want to let others partake in your self-masturbation session".
    Anyway i can only speak for myself see i read a lot of novels and i can say there is a lot of overrated novels there because most novels within same genre have almost same stories with different names when a famous novel doesn't have anything special from its genre then it's "overrated".
    Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with being cliche but it's sad when i see cliche novels get more attention and ranked above other novels even when the famous overrated novel doesn't have anything different from other cliche novels of the same genre at least not in my eyes.
    Just a friendly advice when you write a comment try not call people trashy just because they have different views from you that's really doesn't help you in any way.

16. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link

Sooo, because we reply to your post (this means we are conversing with you) and not everyone agrees with your opinions, we are butthurt. :sweating_profusely:

WeaselLord, putradn and Fares like this.
  17. rleon

rleon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most xianxia are overrated.

18. SinsI

SinsI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why "without working"? He is a proper worker in an internet cafe that tends to customers.

19. Primarx

Primarx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Against the god
    Tales of demon and gods
    Death march
    Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki
    Sovereign of the three realms
    Lazy dungeon master
    Long live summons
    Martial gods asura
    Kumo desu ga, nano Ka?
    I’ve Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can’t Seem to Get out of Being Jobless
    Wu dong qian kun
    Sevens
    (Um, Sorry) I’ve Been Reincarnated!
    In a different world with a smartphone
    Battle through the heavens
    I was a sword when I reincarnated
    History's strongest senior brother
    Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World
    Maou-sama no Machizukuri! ~Saikyou no Danjon wa Kindai Toshi~
    That person later on
    Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughter
    Ancient Strengthening Technique
    I’m Really a Superstar
    I said make my abilities average
    Genius Doctor: Black Belly Miss
    Well, that is all fom top 100 alltime popularity ranking.
    PS it's purely subjective.

Slayerwolfx2 and ZhaWarudo like this.
  20. Delirious

Delirious [Code of conduct]

Reading List:
    Link
    I find this whole thing redundant in the first place. Yes, there are troupes. Yes, there are clichés. But they exist because they are the most popular formulaic formats in place. Obviously, this means it can get boring. My main beef with anything tho, is when people love, I mean LOVE a novel simply because it's "different" from the troupes and clichés. But it is just as bad if not worse then the standard "cliché" novel.

Fares likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.