Overseer By Solistia

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by arc4203, Aug 11, 2016.

1. arc4203

arc4203 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a way to recommend that a specific web serial be added to this site? I thing that Overseer by Solistia at http://www.fictiongrill.com/overseer should be listed on Novel Updates and am surprised that its not already.

Synopsis:

From the nothingness I appeared. Bodiless, voiceless, ageless, I have only thoughts and emotions to guide me. My one connection to the world lies in the hearts of a small colony of lizards, just on the cusp of maturing. I reach out to them without hands, inspiring them to be more than what they are, shaping their bodies from visions of lost memories. But where do the memories come from? I am always left with more questions than answers.

In my lonely shapeless existence the lizards cannot hear my words, and they cannot feel my touch, and I must wonder, do I even really exist?

2. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    NU does not list novels that are originally written in any non Eastern Asian language

kainee and awesomedude2215 like this.
  3. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I find this weird as novel updates as a site name gives them plenty of flexibility. To be honest so far there are very few original wn/ln that have been even remotely completed and they are not what would be considered professional authors which I believe is the difference. Almost all works are translated from professional authors from Eastern nations( any work by madsnail is an exception) while most so called originals are done by hobbyists. So I figure if novel updates was going to expand content to include Western wn/ln then it could probably only happen if the authors show the ability to complete novels and earn an audience. Not saying the originals are all bad as I read quite a few but there is a lot more uncertainty in their future compared to those written by someone who has chosen writing as a career. Just my take on why novel updates should avoid listing original Western written wn/ln.

sapassde likes this.
  4. Solistia

Solistia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naaww, thank you @arc4203 for recommending my story <3 Even if NU doesn't allow OEL novels (at least not for now?) I do appreciate that you feel it belongs here =D