Question Owari no Chronicle Questions

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ToshinRaizen, Sep 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ToshinRaizen

ToshinRaizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that the novel is complete and before I read it I want to know a few things. First off is the novel good there was only one review for the novel so I was hoping to find out more of what people thought of it and my other question is the mc overpowered or does he become extremely powerful in the series and what can he do that make him powerful.

Zfglx likes this.
  2. Zfglx

Zfglx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw your post and deciyto reply after I saw no one else had. I am probably biased because I love this series and basically anything else written by the author but I will say that yes this is a good series.

To answer your questions about the MC, I am not sure you can call him OP, or extremely powerful, but he is very strong from the start in various ways such as in combat, or in negotiations. Which is something you should remember because this author while excellent in his descriptions and depictions of combat also places an equally great focus on character development and non combat plot development such as negotiations in his writings and is very good at doing so if I may say so. The MC is certainly a stand out in terms of strength and has a personality that is very fun to read, but he is not all you will be getting because the author of Owari no Chronicle develops the other characters very well each with their own strengths personality and abilities. As for strength growth that is more evident in some of the weaker characters than in the MC but he definitely grows stronger though for most characters a noticeable growth in strength happens more as a consequence of character development than anything else. This style of novel is more the type in which new people with new abilities are added to the cast each arc than to have old characters display new abilities although that does happen.

If you are interested in this novel I would really suggest reading the first few chapters or so as they give a decent grounding of what the MC is like and of his strength. An example of this is
    in the first few chapters the MC ends up on a battlefield that he had no reason to suspect existed and ends up facing down a werewolf, which again he could not have known existed, with nothing but a suit, a pen, and a watch, and wins pretty well, admittedly though his pen and watch are silver so that helps.

I really hope you choose to read this series. I suspect you won’t regret it as it is really well written and creative. Especially in terms of the combat descriptions the author is really really excellent. His writing is just really good I generally but his portrayal of combat really stands out as great.

I really hope to have a discussion about this later if you don’t mind.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    ToshinRaizen likes this.