Spoiler Pampered Consort of the Fragrant Orchard

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Dragon_Reader, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    NU link - Here~
    NU summary -
    Du Xiao Li, the legendary person all look up to, yet couldn’t ward off the ridiculousness of fate!

Opening her eyes once again, the steady and calm her was still shocked senseless by her own withered little hands, and the leaking and windy rat infested surroundings before her eyes.

Both parents dead, three meals uncertain, and her only property was this shabby house and a cute little big brother.

What the hell is all this!

Buying a mountain top, planting fruit trees, opening winery, fermenting fruit wine, and developing a supply chain. From then on, profits poured in from all sides, bringing along big brother to lay down a family fortune and become rich!

Making close friends, kidnapping a prince, fighting villains, a peasant daughter can also live calling the wind and rain, laughing in face of the world!

Oh? This little guy looks pretty good, come plant a fruit tree for me then! How about also set a kiddy engagement?

With the roll of his eyes, the small child, who was currently being enslaved to plant trees gave her a cool turn of his back.

One separation, several years later, seeing this tall, rich, and handsome emotionless prince tell her with an ice cold face that she and him were already engaged, and moreover have long sealed the deal with a kiss, letting her take responsibility. He really was that little handsome boy from before?!

Du Xiao Li speechlessly look to the sky: I don’t want to be a princess consort! Can I get a refund?!!

The cold face prince, with a face full of grievance: You said before that once sold, can’t be returned. A few years ago, I’ve already obediently gave myself to you. In these years I’ve always carefully obeyed your teachings, keeping myself pure for you. How can you heartlessly abandon me now?

Du Xiao Li’s jaw was about to drop to the ground: Alright then, seeing that you’re this obedient, you can come home with me!

A certain young master charmingly smiled: This husband shall comply!

[The summary sounds so cute! But I have been duped before by cute summaries and terrible stories. So spoilers please ~~. Is the story as fluffy as it sounds?]

@morticia_addams @MiyaMira @kiara8

morticia_addams likes this.
  2. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you want to know? I've read some of the raws but has currently put this on hold.

Imo, I really wouldn't call it fluffy. MC and her elder brother basically tries to make a living while her deceased parent's family comes over and harasses them for their money and goods due to their parent's debts. Her brother tries to get medicine and food for her in order for her to get better (the original body died due to becoming ill and not getting enough to eat). As she gets better, she starts to collect herbs and such since she has medical knowledge from her past life. She gives it to the village doctor who's been taking care of the sick ML to sell for money. As she slowly gains more and more money, she starts to explore more into the mountains and collects grape seeds and orange trees in order to plant in their later new home so that they can use them to start a business (such as selling them as they are or make them into wine). She also gains a cute baby wolf which she calls silver whom later gets a wolf wife which MC named gold (cause you know, money).

After a time skip, MC finds out her and her brothers identity isn't as it really seemed and later moved into the city due to the special circumstances.
    MC's father from the village wasn't really their father, their real father was actually the prime minister. Due to the scheming of the stepmother, their mother ran away to the village with her son and later gave birth to MC. After he found out about their existences, he became super excited-- mostly because he wanted to be with MC rather than her brother because she looked so much like their mother. His favoritism towards her is very obvious.

Note: MC's father never actually slept with the stepmother, she got him drunk but never got it on with him because he lacked the energy to do so. Her son and daughter is from someone else but he is mislead into believing they're his children. When he found out, he was shaking in excitement because this means he never betrayed MC's mother like he originally thought he did. He's been holding onto this guilt ever since he was basically forced to marry the stepmother (since he promised MC's mother she'd be the only one in his life). Even after she ran away, he never gave the stepmother the main wife position.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  3. Dragon_Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I don't mean fluffy in a no-drama sense. But there should be no abuse, rape, cheating, humiliation etc from the ML. Too many novels out there with loveable summaries but the actual affection starts like 1000+ chapters and until then is loads of bullshit misunderstandings and doormat... From what you have written, it doesn't seem the MC will get taken advantage of .

ellieedeean likes this.
  4. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    MC seems to be pretty level headed compared to other MC's I've read about. An example of this is although her brother and her treat their father very lowly, she starts to take note of things she's seen him say or do, such as when he finally went to their mothers grave, she saw him cry like a baby. She slowly started to investigate things and finally came to conclusion about what happened all those years ago and how her father really loves their mother. Eventually, she convinces her brother to accept their father.

As for ML, he seems cold in the start (he's a couple years older than her, but the only reason he's so cold is because he's near deaths door due his 'illness' and his mother died from the same 'illness'), but he slowly warms up to her although it isn't really obvious. He often gets jealous when MC hangs around with other men, especially towards the pretty white face she rescued from the forest and allowed to live in her brothers room (her brother finally started to go to school again after MC made a lot of money saving ML). As the story progresses during their childhood, he takes note of everything she says when it comes to why she doesn't want to get married (she wants a pure man who'll stay only loyal to her and take no other women). So when they see each other again years later, he teases her how he became just that, so accept him. Although she's smart at times, it takes her a bit to realize he actually held affectionate feelings towards her (basically he straight out tells her). :blobjoy: The most he's done to MC was kick her butt when they were kids, but besides that, there has been no signs of abuse, rape, cheating, or humiliation. He only held MC in his heart.

On the side note, something I really like about this story is how we also get a glimpse of side couples, but there’s more angst with them than there is compared to MC and ML’s relationship.
    An example of this is how one of MC’s good friends is in love with MC and ML’s other friend, but because of special circumstances and her status, she was forced to marry a prince of a neighboring country. Being a princess, she understands this is something she expected and must accept. The man she’s mutually in love with though was completely heartbroken, but when it was time to send her off, he came with her to make sure she arrived safely. After returning home, he drank his sorrows away until MC smacked some sense into him and told him they must make their country stronger in order to get her back.

5. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @vsukio what will happen to the scheming stepmom/concubine? Also, considering the children wasn’t their father’s, what will happen to them and what did they do to the real children, aka MC and her bro? Cause i think that knowing that someone “new” came and “usurped” their position of being the high prime ministers children, they would do everything to depose of them...

6. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I could recall, basically before the stepmother's downfall, after everyone found out the stepmother children wasn't MC's dads kids, it was during a rebellion where he was basically locked up and MC was there to save him. After recusing him and finding out the truth, ML's people held the stepbrother and stepsister hostage while the stepmother and the actual father was trying to save them so they could all escape. While both sides started fighting, stepbrother and stepsister who was still in denial tried to run away but as a result, stepsister got taken by her father while the stepson had his heart pieced by a incoming blade. Stepmother heard his screams and turned around only to find him fall to his death. Afterwards, they were captured and put into prison. Later during new years, as the fireworks went off, people from the father's side came to rescue them, but stepmother died in the process while the stepsister escaped. Where I last left off, stepsister became a priestess(?) of the group her father belonged to.

Surprisingly, the stepbrother didn't have much screen time so he didn't really scheme as much. He just talked a lot of smack but he had no brains. On the other hand, stepsister got MC kidnapped at one point and tried to get her killed due to jealously because she overheard the man she loved wanting to marry MC as his wife while she remained as his side concubine. In her attempts to kill MC, MC actually put up a trap to whoever opened the door (MC was originally unconscious in a carriage). Once stepsister open the door, she got knocked out and fell into a coma until MC had to cure her. The price to wake up her though, was that smelled extremely gross for a couple of days and had to go into hiding. This was during a event where their country and other countries got together to show off their skills, so she was extremely pissed. Other small things stepsister did was whenever she introduced MC to other people, she often comments how MC was her sister who was born and raised from the country side, making those who heard this look down on MC (cause the stereotypical you were raised in the countryside? Then you're probably stupid with no talent).

7. Moon Lotus

Moon Lotus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @vsukio
    Can you tell me about the face slapping scenes? Time when MC shows off her medical skill/ surprise others? How MC cure ML?
    What happen to the supposed "father's" family (elder brother and his wife)?

8. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Face slapping scenes:
    For face slapping.. one incident I could think on the spot was when her "father's" sister-in-law came over and beat MC with a broom because she wanted revenge on MC for attacking her son as well as to take her wolf cause her son wanted him (they thought it was a dog). As a result of this, Silver came over and bit her son's hand. They were causing such a scene that the villagers, ML, and his men came over and was enraged by what they saw. MC played the pitiful victim card while explaining how they wanted to rob her silver (the wolf) and also mentions the "suppose debt" her and her brother had to pay off. Realizing how in number terms things don't add up, with the help of the village head (he has connections to a minister from the city so people try to stay on his good side), they clear up the debt. This also resulted in the sister-in-law's family now owing MC and her brother money and has to return the furniture they took from them. While sobbing her eyes out as everyone else left (besides ML and his men), MC instantly stops crying.

Another face slapping scene was when MC was forced to show off her talents in front of everyone. After arriving in the city, MC has been extremely low-key when it came to what she could do and the businesses she owned. During a talent show, she helped her new friends do a performance together (involving music and dance). When asked, one of them quietly mumbled whether or not they should mention MC since they didn't want to take away all the credit, but because a lot of people had martial arts abilities, they were able to clearly hear her, causing MC to be accidentally exposed. In disbelief, there, a princess of a neighboring country who loved ML challenged MC (at this point MC and ML was already engaged). This ended with her spirits being crushed by MC's drum dance. When asked about her talents, MC basically states, she never said she had no talent. It's just no one ever asked her (since they only made assumptions about her).

During the countries talent show with other countries, another princess challenged MC to a dance off. If she wins, she wanted to marry ML, even if it was as his side wife. If MC win's, her (the princess) country will open trading with MC's country. With what was at cost, MC couldn't refuse because of the emperor. The princess was known to be undefeated when it came to dance since her dance involved painting. Hearing about her capabilities, MC practice with her friends to do her own painting dance which ended with her winning since compared to the other princess, MC didn't have to stop mid dance just to paint. Plus, her painting was much more beautiful.

As for another face slapping scene, a girl with high medical abilities looked down on MC for being younger than her and being more capable (she viewed herself as a genius, so she refused to admit that MC was better than her). While MC was offering them wine, the girl comments how this wine didn't belong to MC, it belonged to a famous wine family. MC then crushes her with her words, stating, where do you think their wine comes from? What do you think their wine is made of (grape)? Where do you think they're getting their ingredients from? MC then tells her that the ingredients came from her hometown, and the one who provides/produce these said ingredients was her.

One last face slapping scene I could think of was when MC was treating the empress dowager (ED). The girl tried to switch MC's pills with poison. On the day of giving her the medicine, the ED was in great pain. The girl then screams and questioned MC why did she give the ED the said poison, but MC then asked, how did you know it was that particular poison? As they continue to argue, the ED ended up coughing up bad blood, resulting in her body feeling more clear (since her blood flow was moving more smoothly now). After checking that she was alright, everyone left the ED to rest while they went outside. The head of the valley that the girl came from then asked her, what's going on, is she lying to them? The girl refuses to admit anything. MC then comments how she actually covered the box that held the medicine with something unique. If someone who touched the box put their hand in water, it'll turn red. MC then asked for a bucket of water to be brought out and for the girl to put her hand inside. The girl refused and ended up knocking over the bucket. Seeing her reaction, everyone can guess she was really lying. MC then adds, she was lying about everything she just said (about the water turning red if she touched it). In the end, everything gets exposed and the girl and her teacher gets expelled by the valley's head.

Showing off her medical skills:
    There's actually quite a lot of scenes where MC surprises people with her medical abilities, but overall, it's usually when she shows off her acupuncture skills. Acupuncture wasn't something that was very common. Examples of this was when she had to make people stop bleeding by blocking their blood flow with acupuncture. One of ML's dark guards almost died due to blood loss, but with her help, she was able to stop the bleeding in time so they could bring him back to the village doctor to help get him the proper medical help he needed. With this, she gained the trust of ML's dark guards (they grew up together so they treated each other like family). MC was also able to develop a new antidote to fight against a newly made poison created by the poison king (it consisted of 7 random poisons all in one). Although she isn't very knowledgeable when it came detoxifying poison, if she had the proper ingredients in hand, she is able to create cures, it just requires a lot of time (I think it took mc 7-10 days? Something along those lines).

How did MC cure ML:
    MC helped cure ML over time. She originally thought he had epilepsy since he often had seizures, but only when things got risky did MC finally took ML's pulse to find out what was wrong. This was when she discovered he'd actually been poisoned since young. With the help of the village doctor (he's actually a royal palace doctor who's been living in the village to help ML recuperate), they were able to get the herbs he needed to remove the toxins.

What happened to MC's "father's" family:
    Surprisingly, after MC left to the city, the "father's" family was never mentioned again. After the wolf biting incident, they were too scared to try to rob from MC anymore since he basically acted like a guard dog.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  9. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Emmyy here is the page for the spoilers for Pampered Consort of the Fragrant Orchid

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  10. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there a link to the raw of this novel

Emmyy likes this.
  11. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx! I googled but didn't see this for some reason!:p Do you have raw link?:)

12. Belli

Belli PRO-crastinator Corgy

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
  14. waraa

waraa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    leaving my mark here to remember that I MTL-ed this story... it left to many plotholes unfilled...

15. Veene

Veene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story seems so interesting.. Need to save it and read it later ~

16. xnekox

xnekox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I audiobooked probably 1/4 of the book. Have put it on hold for now because I find the book or at least the MC too unrealistic ... she’s very Mary Sue and happens to be good at everything. Including medicine, acupunture, cooking, dancing, martial arts, any musical instruments, brewing wine, and the list goes on...

17. aiyaohyo

aiyaohyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the seventh princess good or bad? I hope she becomes a good friend to MC instead of a roadblock.

18. megane.no.megami

megane.no.megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right? But I do like the side characters. There's barely any conflict, which while it excluded unnecessary drama, it made the story sort of lackluster in some parts (like maybe about a third of it). The problem then lies in the forced conundrums that the author would come up with to keep the story going, but the author made the MC completely OP, because those conundrums would get solved after two or three chapters. And there were parts that didn't need to be prolonged but were, for example: the "villains" doing their obligatory scheming and monologue and the likes. But I did enjoy the story as it is short (meaning not the whole 1000+ or so chapters, thankfully).

No. The princess will become her friend when they meet after a some-year time skip.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    kurohamukami and Pink-kun-s like this.
  19. fr3ya

fr3ya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please someone spoil us what happened to Lou Qi? Is he an antagonist? What happened to him at the end?? :blobpeek:

pandaqueen likes this.
  20. Dragon_Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, this is a pretty common trope with such novels. Unbelievably Super OP MC and a sick yet super strong ML and villainess that don't even require a millisecond to solve....

celestial mortal likes this.