Paranormal activity initial response

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by honglath, Apr 16, 2018.

1. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Earlier i saw with the corner of my eye what i thought to be a ball of lightning coming towards me. It was actually light from a nearby lightning bolt refracted through the smudged portion of an uneven glass window.
    Regardless, at that moment in time the only thought in my mind was "I'm fucked."
    My initial response to what i believed to be a paranormal activity was to blank out on ways of surviving this and just accepted my inevitable demise.

What would your initial response be were you in my situation? Would you survive your initial contact with any paranormal event? How prepared are you for any novel/movie/game type of event or do you just hope your MC plot armor will automatically activate at the needed time? And are cats the ghosts in our lives?

2. Enigma

Enigma Follower of Jesus, he's the only way

Reading List:
    Link
    My first reaction would probably be to call down and crawl for my life~

Either that or jump out the closest window~

Or if I'm feeling especially chuni I'd hold up my cross necklace i always wear and say in a deep voice begone satan.

^yup that's probably the most likely to happen, my life to be in danger and I make a pointless joke......~

3. Anoncommander1

Anoncommander1 The Commander

Reading List:
    Link
    you are a chicken. I think 75% people here will not blank up

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be curious. In a horror movie, I'd be the one who immediately goes outside to see what the weird, creepy noise is, or walks up to the mysterious thing to investigate more closely.

Depending on the circumstances I might be scared, but the best way to deal with a fear of the unknown is to make it not unknown.

5. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    As a college student, I don't fear death. I fear my grades.

6. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    How did you think of so many things in such a short time

7. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Would shout..
    HELLO ISEKAI WITH MY SMART PHONE
    Only to be depressed by what we call "reality"

8. valdesaga

valdesaga [IDN] [7thMay] [V]aldes

Reading List:
    Link
    Aih you gonna go to paralel world.

How lucky you are.

Make some harem and kill the demon ~

Congrats

9. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing but mostly shock, since you'll be like wtf?

10. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Foolish hooman.
    Lol, paranormal activity for such a simple flash of light?
    You're watching too much those fake paranormal TV shows.
    If it were me, i will definitely look at it face-to-face and wont blank out.

Its stupid to fear the dead. Its more realistic to fear the living.
    The living can stab you and kill you in so many ways. While theres no definite proof that the dead can harm the living.
    I'll fear the dead if theres a caught in camera act of poltergeist and not fakes such as "oooh the temperature just went down" or "oooh the signal flickered". What a load of bullshit.

11. Gigaknife

Gigaknife 1v1 MW, King, No M4, No 725

Reading List:
    Link
    Pull out my strap and shoot the motherfucker.

12. Tnyhy

Tnyhy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiss at it, im a freaking cat and have already done that when scared/surprised.

honglath likes this.
  13. Riff

Riff Squirt Like a Turtle!

Reading List:
    Link
    You're the type of character to die first in horror movies >_>

Sena likes this.
  14. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My eyes often play tricks on me. I often get spots in my peripheral vision and think it's a spider hanging next to my shoulder or a bug flying at me suddenly. After overreacting to this many times, I found that not jumping away (and risking knocking things over) and instead quietly shifting in my seat to get a little bit father before I turn to look to see if something is really there, seems to be better (for this sort of small thing at least).

Because of that habit, my first reaction would either be blanking out like you did,
    or I'd pretend nothing is wrong, but try to get out of the perceived danger with a mundane reason as an excuse, while paying attention to try to figure out if it's a trick of the light or something.

honglath likes this.
  15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would turn on all the lights in the house, start blasting music, and go find a friend or family member to seek solace in.

honglath likes this.
  16. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Disbelief
    2. Then possible denial. Couldn't be true. Must be my imagination.
    3. Then getting curious. I'll try to redo anything I've done prior the unexplained phenomenon.
    4. Then trying to contact the ghost/supernatural being by talking to air.
    5. Then dismissed myself for being delusional. Again.

honglath likes this.
  17. Corensi

Corensi Maiden of Purity

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I'm pretty slow, I'd probably think "huh?" Then I'd ignore it. If it happens again, I'll just hide somewhere.

honglath likes this.
  18. luklukluk40

luklukluk40 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a supernatural experience years ago. I was watching anime in my computer in the living room, alone at home and with all the lights out except the light of my computer (It was still daytime when I started to watch anime and I didn't switch on any light), then I started to hear a strange sound so I stoped the video and removed my headphones. Listening carefully there was a sound coming up from the stairs, it was a sound of someone going up the stairs while wearing flip flops and drgging them each step, *shack**shack**shack*, It went all the way upstairs till it stoped in front of the TV that was one or two meters away of me, it was too dark there and the monitor of my computer was iluminating the other way so I couldn't see anything but I stared at the dark one or two seconds before streaching my hand and switching on the lights. Well obviosly there was nothing in front of me so I started to switch on lights and search the house but the lights in the stairs wouldn't switch on no mater how many times I tryied so I sat on the sofa and waited for my mom there with a pele face and without doing anything. Later my mom arrived and while I was telling her what happened I stoped because I saw somithing and said '' why is the light of the strais working now?''.

well it seems like a horror story or something but it's something that happened to me, my mom broght some dream catcher the next day and put them arround the house. Anothher curiuos thing is that the next day I was searching for my flip flops and found them in front of the TV, on the spot the steps stoped and then remembered that few hours before the supernatural experience I did go up while dragging my flip flops all the way upstairs till I reached the TV and left my flip flops there.

honglath likes this.
  19. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    My Response is
    Delete all Isekai story in my folder that has Wimpy Japanese MC. And if in some way said MC is in front of me I'll torture him into not wimpy MC.. Surely thing like that will make my fear of paranormal activity disappear in instant...

honglath and reagents 11 like this.
  20. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Shock is the normal initial response. For the first time. If you don't train your body to respond automatically, you'll typically just stare in shock until someone shouts at you to do something, even if you know (in your head) exactly what you should do.

honglath likes this.