Discussion Parth Rant: Hate Threads

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Parth37955, Feb 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Suoh95

Suoh95 King

Reading List:
    Link
    So to all opinions then, right? Agreed, insulting for differing opinions is wrong but Mods/Users should then apply this to all posts even if they agree with that OP.

"okay insult" maybe like "Supporting MC raping is stupid" Not really @ someone or group but some may feel insulted lol
    Anyone can find a reason to be *insulted now
    :LOL::LOL:

2. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. That's something I hate about the internet. Too many wild kids with no restraint and adults who don't grow up. Trolling is one of the most ridiculous activities I've ever heard of. It's meaningless posts about stuff you don't even care about and it's taken as a joke by many. But you have to wonder about the RL of a person who would sit down at their computer and browse through forums to troll people. It makes sense to moderate trolls too because a troll will degrade any discussion down. It's almost as bad as a hate rant, because all users may end up in a state of extreme opposite s with no common ground.

runsing, Crimshine and Dori like this.
  3. polokoi

polokoi TVPropaganda

Reading List:
    Link
    So what?

4. Suoh95

Suoh95 King

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus most won't even consider that maybe this OP has valid reasons despite the harsh criticism etc and won't give it a chance lol.

Give & Take sort of thing but most prefer just Take :LOL::LOL:
    Cheers

5. Diamona

Diamona [Forever Alone Psychotherapist]

Reading List:
    Link
    …Unless they explicitly tell someone they were trolling, we cannot know whether they were, or merely ignorant. They might also be testing whether you are someone who is level-headed or just acting that way.
    Anyways, I think it is a more positive outlook that the number of people who find such a boring and uncreative hobby is minuscule. If I am presented with the options of being either irritating or irritated, I'll take a third option. Binary thinking is an idiotic limitation to self-impose, anyways.
    *Shrug* I'm busy living my own life. Why does a person I don't know wasting their time even concern me? I don't need to live their life. Why even bother? Heck, they might just be desperate for acknowledgement for their existences. If you want to maintain common grounds, utterly rejecting them is a bad action to take, as you are just adding to the polarization.

6. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    In Parths words.
    Just the fact of insulting people, not novels themselves.
    For me, be civil, wichever side you are on, extreme hate, "This is crap""shit on a stick" without a reason in not okay.
    Whoever hates first is wrong. The novel itself or the side you are on does not matter, insulting others is not okay.

7. Suoh95

Suoh95 King

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that's what I'm saying, insulting others is not okay.

8. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignoring them is also another form of rejection. It's just another method of showing it.

9. Diamona

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree. If no one critiques anyone else's behavior, no one learns. But how quickly they learn is the most crucial thing. Baseless screaming and flinging of monkeypoo is ineffective and reflects poorly on yourself. Be accurate, use insults sparingly and provide support so the other side can understand WHY you are insulting them beyond "I don't like you".

Ignoring comments that don't accomplish anything is not a form of rejection, it is noticing that they are not providing anything constructive. You cannot shun something that does not mean anything. If they wish to actually contribute, then acknowledge it.
    People cannot be aware of everything being posted. It is normal for people to overlook comments. I'm just exceptionally weird in how many people I reply to at once. I don't expect, nor hope that everyone does this, as following those kinds of conversations would be difficult. Amazing, but really impractical.

10. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate people that hate ATG

11. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Crimshine and Shance like this.
  12. Crystalraven

Crystalraven † Strawberry † Knight †

Reading List:
    Link
    Because you don't have to be harsh about it. Period. Have something to say? Say it simply, without cursing. With an open mind. If you can't do it, a dictionary would help. Because if you have to resort to harsh words to tell a proper truth, then it isn't anybody's fault but yours.

Something my favorite English teacher of mine said: "In any language, truth needs no extra words. Even without superfluous words, as long as it is the simplest of truths, it will stand." Now I might be completely wrong and, but I interpret it as thus: "Even the harshest truth, can be told without the trace of personal bias."

Have a nice day~

Crimshine and Dori like this.
  13. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats why I said insults and not critique, calling out someone for being an asshat and telling them why you think so is okay. Calling someone an asshat, and not explaining causes more problems than its worth.

14. MataMelirik

MataMelirik *wink*wink*

Reading List:
    Link
    i still dont dont understand the need to make a hate thread, i mean, thats waste of time, if you dont like it just drop it

runsing likes this.
  15. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Lovely likes this.
  16. Crystalraven

Crystalraven † Strawberry † Knight †

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have to choose between ignoring and writing an essay, which do you think sounds easier to do?

17. Diamona

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I ever condoned cursing. People curse when they don't know how to put their feelings into words. Having a small lexicon is a different issue altogether than the point I was aiming for. If I gave you that sort of notion, I apologize.
    Exactly.
    Given how much trolls enrage others, survey leans towards essay.
    People need to look for the humor in the unexpected.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  18. Qwaztop

Qwaztop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh? What makes you say that about swearing?

19. Cryarc

Cryarc 『Procrascinating Illustrator』

Reading List:
    Link
    I used ignore function for people who posts that kind of threads then it seems the forum looks better after that (I guess aside from new users, those who posts that kind of threads are mostly repeat offenders...?). Though I can see that mods can't do this since they have duty to moderate this kind of things...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  20. Raizhee

Raizhee who

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm here just to say ....dammit there was a tldr version at the end ...i read uselessly
    Leave those people , they will finally get bored when no one pay attention to them