Discussion Parth Rant: People can't read

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Parth37955, Oct 7, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't expecting to write one so soon, but...this needs to be dealt with.

For a forum that caters to people who read novels, you guys really don't like to read the OP's (original poster) post (or the rules). Take a recommendation thread for instance. The OP could be looking for romance, but doesn't want harem. So...Why would you recommend a harem? Were you trying troll? Probably half of you were. Is it because you can't read? Unlikely seeing as how you were able to comprehend that they were looking for romance. It is because people are too impatient. Those who read my earlier rant know that I'm handing out WP for spam and unhelpful posts. Rec's that go against the desires of the OP are considered unhelpful, and I will give WP for that. So, here's my advice, at the very least carefully read the first post. WP add up pretty quickly.

Also I might as well include something about rules. Frequently when I'm warning people (giving WP creates a PM), people tell me they didn't know there were rules. Are you kidding me?!?! I spent a lot of time writing and placing the rules in places that are easy to find. There is one in every subforum, and there's a subforum specifically for rules (it holds a copy of all of them). Now, I know this site doesn't make you read though the rules when you make an account, but seriously?! What kind of a forum doesn't have rules? Have you never heard of netiquette? The way some of you behave is without filter and any social decorum. Just cause you're on the internet where you are anonymous doesn't entitle you to be an asshole. Assholes begone! Now for the non-assholes, do read the rules, it would take you maybe 3-5 mins at most, and it would make my life much easier.

Pro-tip: if you believe you were unfairly given warning points by me, don't act like an ass to me. I have to deal with a lot of stuff, and having to deal with a rude person doesn't make me want to help. Odds are that if you are...how do I say this, decent to me when asking about the warning, I may just delete your warning points. It is always in your benefit to be decent with people (I repay kindness a hundred time)

P.S stop baiting me.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  2. Hate

Hate born

Reading List:
    Link
    *shudders*
    I-I AM NEVER GONNA create a thread/msg parth etc

Ale Cole likes this.
  3. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    the only way I would sort of disagree with this is if someone wanted a romance novel and was recommended a series with romantic elements and not having romance at the core. this is a weird loophole that i think is okay?

4. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    that's still fine. asking for a full romance novel is a little too optimistic.

5. Dusk

Dusk Monochrome

Reading List:
    Link
    This is probably the first rime I did this and now I feel bad..hahaha

6. _Selutu_

_Selutu_ 灭世魔尊

Reading List:
    Link
    @Parth37955 You trying to make these rants a daily/weekly/regular thing from now on?

You do raise good points though. Especially about reading the rules. It's not like it's a million pages of martian language. It's just a bit of simple English, I fail to see why people don't just take 2 minutes to read through it. Heck if you skim through it, it'd probably be enough.

7. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So....what's the use of mod warning? And warning points? I can ask mod to warn others?

I feel you. You're not the only one pissed when people ask for romance and get pointed to MGA. Stupid. No. Life. Humans.

Drakaos likes this.
  8. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this...
    Please read people
    And if your recommendation crossed some of The request at least explains why...
    The trolling gets old =_=

9. Tsaimath

Tsaimath Otter Madness!

Reading List:
    Link
    I, for one, hope that parth (the mods) try not to give warning points to people who want to be helpful and, maybe due to not knowing a better fit, recommend something that only fits 50%.
    Like someone is searching for a fantasy novel with lots of mages and magic and gets mahouka koukou no rettousai and void domain as answers with explanation that both have a modern setting at the core of their story. It might be a better fit than something that "ticks all the boxes", let's take mushoku tensei in this example, but only just so cause magic plays, in my opinion, a very little part in mushoku.
    All in all, I will continue to try to help! people with recommendations, not try to troll them and trust to stay save with that.

Rreelentless likes this.
  10. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    you were fine man. You didn't attack me. In fact, I already took away your warning points.
    I actually didn't mean to write this one. Just some things I saw got on my nerves (plus I'm on fall break)
    You can report them, and then we'll deal with it. once you get enough warning points, you get banned for a set period of time.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  11. Flamemaster

Flamemaster [TheCakeIsALie][LordOfTheDivineFlame][ThePinkPuff]

Reading List:
    Link
    just wondering what to do when making threads that are about multiple subforums? for example I'm talking about a novel that's being adapted to anime/manga or both?

12. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    We need a "Parths rant subforum"

13. mrawesome69

mrawesome69 I'm getting too old for this shit

Reading List:
    Link
    can i subscribe to these rants?

Risus and Danis like this.
  14. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    as long as it's not completely against what the OP wants, it's fine. plus an explanation (or at least acknowledgement) that your rec is not entirely what the OP wanted will cover you.

15. Silverblood

Silverblood Forbidden Library

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 to mod :) good job (y)

How do you know if you have mp or wp?

16. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    my tag, Parth Rant.
    uh, explain.

17. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel bad for reading the rules to specifically post something that isn't against the rules but is generally a shitpost.

Loni4ever and Risus like this.
  18. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    Biggest lies on the internet top 3
    1.I am over 18
    2.I understand the rules and agree to this shit
    3. I'm not hacking, I swear!

Loni4ever, Ai chan, Westeller and 2 others like this.
  19. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always wondered... what exactly is the purpose of these rants ya do @Parth37955 is this meant to inform, request something , start a discussion, etc...

These threads serve no purpose you don't expect constructive replies, and although you make good points these types of threads continue to be more frequent and mostly by you as no other mods do this to my knowledge. If you were not a mod this thread would have been locked by now, is this not abuse of moderator abilities? If being a mod is too much work why not not be one? We don't wont to hear about mod complaints just as much as you don't wont excessive user complaints...

This is the internet ya can't regulate users or how they use you can only mod.

20. ninish

ninish ✿Fujoshi✿ [#224~] [Dʀᴀɢᴏɴɪsᴛ] [Lᴜʀᴋᴇʀ Lᴇᴇᴄʜ]

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes i recomend people something that is not what they asked for, but I believe they may like. however, I always write a 'just in case,' or 'this is not what you asked for but it contains this or that element so I believe you may like it', of course trying to avoid what the person said they don't like.

anyway, I believe your rant is justified, some people just don't read xD

please accept some cookies for all your great job in these forums

:):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):) :):)

edit: D: this thing turned all of my cookies into smilies!! (ಥ_ಥ) well just imagine 7 cookies like this ( : : ) xD

Risus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.