LCD Past Life Regressor!!! (official translation on Wuxiaworld)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jul 20, 2020.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s my assessment too. His priorities were secrecy first though. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Overclock likes this.
  2. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how did the mc lose the First Evil? He knew his location and was so confident he didn't bother to join his men in killing him.

This author is not very skilled at using skipped content to advance the story. And he spent four months not dungeon diving too? Excluding financial stuff he has to be the worse Regressor in history.

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    The implication is that the First Evil somehow figured out a way to kill ordinary humans to get points. He had a short range teleportation insignia. Sorry if it wasn’t clear enough.

Yeah, he’s not a very good regression by Korean standards. He acts human. He’s a FINANCIAL ANALYST, that’s what he trained for his entire life. And given his past experiences, he’s terribly afraid of dungeons. I actually like that. Makes more sense to me than the typical regression story. He’s obviously been traumatized and has PTSD. :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

Overclock likes this.
  4. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that I was hoping mc could stop 911, but would be nice if he entertained the thought. Not that he has the means of doing do. His personal forces or his own power probably isn't enough to stop it. Though to keep history the same he would probably let it happen unless he has reason not to.

Though with the mc's early dungeon raids maybe the monsters will appear sooner to shake things up for the mc.

5. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    You’ll actually see what happens, and possibly agree with Sun’s choices. No spoilers. :D

6. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Financial always. Dungeons I'll always be his biggest doubter.

7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Keyzersose

Keyzersose Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the heads up. I would have been eternally waiting.
    Any idea how long these things typically take?
    Also who counts as an official translation group?

9. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Unknown. It’s up to them.

Of course, a simple comparison, once some chapters are up, will show my awesome edited chapters are FAR superior. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

Keyzersose, Wujigege and Yukattachi like this.
  10. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what's happening now? last time i checked the MC was having a hard time on the first dungeon on the mountain. Been stacking up chapters since then.

11. asuramaru

asuramaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @userunfriendly and @Wujigege thank you for translating up to ch.133, I enjoyed your translation and Editor's Notes so much! Honestly, I think it's such a pity that wuxiaworld has taken over this novel, I don't believe their translation will be superior to yours... Sigh, whatever, let's be hopeful.

Also, guys do you have any ideas where can I find raws to MTL? When I wanted to reread it, all links were dead:(

Please please please help me :blobflag:

12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    You will have to search online or

You will have to search online or

asuramaru and userunfriendly like this.
  13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    They’re gone from the site I’ve been using to check the translator and my edits. Yes, I do that sometimes. :blobangel::blobangel::blobangel: Particularly when the translation doesn’t flow right, I check my edits against the translation, and compare that to the mtl. Then I post the most logical version. :blob_sunglasses::blob_sunglasses:

pleaseanswer and asuramaru like this.
  14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxiaworld translations are finally accessible. While I jokingly said they weren’t as good as mine, because I enjoyed editing them, I really did want them to be good, so I can enjoy them. After all, I’m a FAN.

They’re sh!tty. So bad. Ugh. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

15. asuramaru

asuramaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, I feel your grief...it feels quite bitter, doesn't it

16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Just compare any chapter posted by Wuxiaworld, with one of my carefully edited chapters available in an aggregator site. Mine makes sense, has notes to help with financial stuff, and has been well trimmed of bloated text. QED. :mad:

asuramaru likes this.
  17. Hanada

Hanada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am still waiting for them to catch up so I haven't read it yet, I was looking forward to this since WW has a good reputation for translating, I hope it isn't as bad as you say
    In the other hand WW picking this up is an improvement in itself, recently they only pick terrible ones to translate

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s worse. See for yourself. :mad::mad::mad:

Fortunately, I just discovered Return of the Legend, a manhwa which has the best part of PLR…the financial manipulation. This will make it easier for me to wait until Wuxiaworld catches up. Hopefully their editors will improve by then…:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    Dream17 likes this.
  19. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd delayed reading this, but have now caught up with the Wuxiaworld's chapters (ch-74).

What's been bothering me is that the MC KNOWS exactly what to expect in this first dungeon because, as he said, he had ran it 4 times in his past life, yet he went in without any armor. :facepalm: Since he was able to take a backpack worth of food, water, and drugs, along with a sword and dagger, we know he can take gear in. So why not any armor?

He knew that since he was going in solo, he'd have to tank all of the enemies himself, yet he wasn't even wearing a helmet or carrying a shield! He's a billionaire with plenty of preparation time and a secure address (away from his parent's house) that he could have stuff shipped to. While plate armor might be a bit unwieldy and difficult to take off and put on without assistance, he could have worn a brigandine or at least chainmail or a gambeson.

Heck, he should have also brought in extra weapons and armor in case he lost any to damage. How is one sword and one dagger (and one T-shirt and slacks :blobunamused:) enough to fight multiple enemies for an anticipated several weeks isolated campaign? The sword is going to be bent, chipped, or broken, and the dagger is going to get lost in the dark if he misses a throw. He should have stood half way down the dungeon entrance's stairs and tossed in bags and bundles of extra gear and supplies. It's not as if he couldn't afford to abandon stuff in the dungeon if necessary. However, even when he went back the second time with his homeroom teacher, they only brought along ONE :facepalm: large backpack, which I assume was mostly food and water to last 2 people for SEVERAL WEEKS! :blobconfused:

userunfriendly and Overclock like this.
  20. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Aggree. If you look back in the loc you'll see me and others complaining about the same thing.

The consensus is that he just doesn't put in the same level of preparation and caution as he does in investing his money as he does in the dungeons.