LCD Past Life Regressor!!! (official translation on Wuxiaworld)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question. The Adversity skill. I thought that it was his reward for staying conscious during child birth as a baby/the first one to do so. Mc even said he took the first due to being older than the First Evil.
    When mc fought the first evil in his apartment didn't the first evil use the adversity skill when mc hit him.
    Was it a reward anyone gets for enduring child birth? I thought mc stole first evil's chance to get the skill.

2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d have to do some research, but I’m pretty sure the cooldown on Odin’s Wrath is measured in hours, not days. Better to have it ready incase of ambushes.

3. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was talking about the duration, not the cooldown. Unless the duration was measured in hours and the cooldown in minutes, it doesn't make much sense to waste it when he doesn't know if there's even anything for it to hit.

userunfriendly likes this.
  4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Umu…that makes sense. Well, Sun can do some dumb things. :rolleyes:

jacobpaige likes this.
  5. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    20K a year for a private military company. And a off the books one at that. Dude can do better at Walmart as a manager. It'll be more annoying and kill your soul, but their would be a sharp drop in death rate.

6. ShipTeaser

ShipTeaser Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah he's at it again... Surely upgrading the knife which is supposedly a godly legendary weapon at S class is a better move... Even if he doesn't want to.do it now keeping the insignia for.later is better than blowing it on something he knew.was a long shot...

Oh well, i suppose in some regards making mistakes is.human, but man of it doesn't come to money his iq and planning ability drops a.ton...

Also i.dunno.what regenerator is as a trait but it sounded super.useful...

7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    $32,000. I posted the sum in 2021 dollars. Remember, this is in 1998. :p

He’s familiar with many of the documented skills. So far, he’s known most of the skills they’ve encountered. Regenerator might be a support skill. Also, remember the 8 skills hard cap. He’s had YEARS to think about skill strategies, synergies and combination. He’s an expert. :D

ShipTeaser likes this.
  8. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay 32K a year. Is that actually a lot for a contract soldier? Hourly working five days a week for eight hours is more or less means he only makes $15 hourly working a very hazardous job you need to consistently sharpen your skills, knowledge, physical up keep, and could possibly go to jail for. He can make the same as a associate in an Amazon warehouse and half assing his job.

Sorry, but for me our mc/author with his financial knowledge is way underpaying his soldiers unless you want to tell me that in 1998 soldiers in PMC and in off the books PMC made so little. Actually, he could probably have made more staying in the army and get more benefits and pay. The only advantage I see is that maybe mc doesn't tax his employees.

9. nhatanh

nhatanh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, Regenerator is a trait he got as the first to raise Stamina to E level so there might be a better trait for raising it to D, C, B, A and S

This is from chapter 1:
    [You have accomplished the achievement of “Overcoming Adversity.”]
    [You have gained the trait “The Man Who Overcome Adversity” as the first-time bonus.]
    The 1st evil might hit him with a weakened version of the trait as a second-time bonus

10. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc with a healer barely cleared his last two dungeons, but now he off screen clears another dungeon he had no information on?

I swear how the author chooses to skip so much of the dungeon parts blows my mind. Sure most novels get to that point for unimportant stuff, but author spent the last 50 chapters saying how stupid it is to solo dungeons and just how much could go wrong. Mc is stronger but shouldn't be that much more stronger.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  11. Hanada

Hanada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where should I start the novel, I came from the manwha after finishing it

12. nhatanh

nhatanh Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After the dungeon he clear with Yeon-woo (the healer), he got all his stats raised to E - level. The effect of F(99) is much weaker than E(0) so it means the base stats of MC was much stronger. Some of his skills also got upgrade. In addition, He got a very OP weapon from a Master grade box. Before that he just had normal or potentially OP weapon.
    So it was like a higher level character with better equipment clearing a beginner dungeon. The MC also implied that the OP equipment helped him a lot. => easier for MC
    However, the boss still had annoying skill which destroyed the Ring of Flame.
    You see how stupid it was to solo a dungeon? Even with potential OP skill and OP equipment, he was still badly hurt

13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

Actually he is. 100 points in EACH stat to get the next ranking, and those gloves which we don’t know that much about yet, defends against magic damage (?). And this is an F rank dungeon. He’s going to be faster, stronger, more perceptive, and have greater stamina, by a FULL RANK higher than all the monsters. Yeah, it makes sense.

32. But I added all kinds of content not covered by the manhwa, and corrected a sh!tload of just bad, bad editing, or no editing from the manhwa chapters. o_Oo_O

32. But I added all kinds of content not covered by the manhwa, and corrected a sh!tload of just b
    Yep. As mentioned, Sun can sometimes do stupid things. Also, there are indications that
    Sun has developed feelings for Yeon-woo. :eek::eek::eek::aww::aww::aww:

14. ShipTeaser

ShipTeaser Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I did a re-read as I'm bored and it does talk about regenerator as the teacher got the trait earlier... It's like a weaker version of man who overcomes adversity it seems, healing only... Still useful but I guess he can get better...

Revival sounds like one he should definitely try and get somehow down the line...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    ShipTeaser, I've verified my mistake, and I've corrected it on the chapter. It is now "Regeneration" instead of "Regenerator" as per chapter 96, when Yeonhee got the trait. Check chapter 101 again tomorrow, (Wugejiji needs time to repost the chapter), and you'll see I've given you credit for helping me with correcting an error. :D:D:D

16. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is Sun upset? Were they doing PT by the dungeon, or at the base. The former I get as they were on guard duty, but the latter then this has me confused.

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    If he failed, and evacuated the dungeon, that means the conditions for a dungeon outbreak will happen. Monsters will overrun the area, killing off the unprepared, unalert interdiction force, the agents, and start slaughtering civilians. The US government will find out, there will be massive media coverage of the bodies, and Sun’s job of preparing the world for the Day of Advent got 100 times harder.

All they needed to do was just keep watch incase the sh!t hits the fan THAT’S ALL. And they failed that. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Because they were split up between the camp and the site, they could easily have been overrun. In military terms, “defeat in detail”. The majority of the reaction force should have been alert, and had their guns pointed at the dungeon.

And of course, because he had to activate the Man Who Overcame Adversity, he had been injured and p!ssed. :eek:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Overclock likes this.
  18. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Did he tell them that there are monsters? The one guy on alert was just freaked out due to encountering the First Evil before. If he wants soldiers at the level elite special ops he should have done a better job hiring/paid them better. Said it before, but they only get paid slightly more than a Walmart floor associate, without any benefits.

I think he just told them to shoot if anyone but him comes out. Not a monster wave and he certainly didn't arm them with that in mind.

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course not. That would blow security. However, soldiers are expected to follow orders, and if Sun ordered high security for this site, he has every right to get p!ssed when he comes out and they’re not covering the dungeon as instructed.

As for the pay issue…we’ll, they’re still paid better than Regular Army, and the author might not have done his research on the pay of this era.

And this was an F ranked dungeon. Conventional small arms would be fine, as long as they don’t get swarmed. Though the author was a bit inconsistent. If that dungeon was full of the giant bugs…:eek::eek::eek::blobfearful:

Overclock likes this.
  20. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a old saying. You get what you pay for. Sun paid to get drop outs from the military who weren't active or in a PMC, right? He was recruiting guys who couldn't find work elsewhere. He can be pissed off, but he should direct it at himself for lowering the bar.

To kill the First Evil he hired from the bottom, not the top. Mc needs to reorganize and train them to his standards before he starts passing blame. Or at least remember that this isn't the future where monsters are common.