LCD Past Life Regressor!!! (official translation on Wuxiaworld)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We're finally past the manga left off.

Also any word of s2 of the manga?

userunfriendly likes this.
  2. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Sun has exited the dungeon. He (deleted), but he will (deleted), to make a (deleted). :p:p:p Go read nau! I’ve just submitted chapter 51, but free chapters go up to 46. :D:D:D

3. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    After a year, it’s dead, dude. :rolleyes::eek::p

Secluded Meditation likes this.
  4. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's kind of sad that the novel is dead. It's much sadder that the webtoon was actively translated one year ago, but it didn't enough rep.:blobupset:

5. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel isn't dead, I released a chapter today lol.
    Webtoon is likely dead.
    If only a fraction of those millions of viewers on mangadex bought the webtoon.
    It might have survived.
    Piracy is not sustainable

6. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there a proper sight to read the manga. Legally? Like Webtoons.

7. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the issue. Even large sites have failed to license because they ask for too much.
    It was just wishful thinking.
    I can only dream, right?

8. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I paid for manga on Webtoons. It didn't cost a lot. Like a few dollars a month if you followed one or two series.

9. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant cost to license a translation.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    To put it bluntly, the translation on Mangadex was sh!tty. I estimate at least five chapters in the manhwa were not edited. Or had incompetent editors.
    In one chapter, they completely messed up the plot line. Wrong names, nonsensical dialog, everything was completely screwed up. It literally made no sense in the continuity. o_O Go read the chapters on Asian Hobbyist. They’re actually understandable. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Overclock and Wujigege like this.
  11. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    are we still behind the manhwa?

12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Free chapters are up to 47. 46 Sun entered the dungeon, 47 is the first of my heavily polished fight scenes. :eek::eek::eek: Gritty, visceral and exciting. (I hope).

Behind the paywall is (deleted), which is completely, utterly unexpected! Who thought that Sun would (deleted)?!?!?!?!?!?!:facepalm::blobfearful::notlikeblob::cookie::blobdevil:

13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    I just completed chapter 58. Translator has provided up to chapter 78. Free chapters go up to 47. Yep, it’s a going concern. :D

14. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    The mc seems a lot weaker mentally than I imagined. Sure I get what the author wants to say that this is real life, but he doesn't show the mentality of someone who went through the apocalypse and tried fighting the top players. Or is that the point. He survived by being smart rather than super strong in both body and mind. If it leads to some growth now that he can't do everything safely that would be good development.

He also came very unprepared. Where's the safety gear? A spear? A bow and arrow/cross bow. I like the sword best, but he isn't at the level to claim a fighting style. I swear a normal person in his place and resources would have prepared far more than the mc. He came in with a expensive sword and knife so I assumed he was confident in martial artists prowess.

I would have commissioned a light weight full body armor, the type that would get you killed in a modern war and look cool/stupid, but would save your life when you only need to fend off fangs and claws. Maybe some old fashioned smoke bombs not in canisters or ones filled with irritants (Like Goblin Slayer uses).

Also a trusty shield. Was there a weight limit? Why not bring dozens of bags of gear, medical goods, and food. Only smart thing I have seen him prepare were drugs.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    userunfriendly and viprei like this.
  15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, we don’t know he fought the 8 Virtues and Evils. As the editor, I very deliberately avoided implying he fought them, because the translator avoided it. From what I remember, Sun mentioned guerrilla actions and harassment. Yep, he raided and ran away, fast. He mentioned very clearly had he actually confronted them in person, he would be dead.

He brought the weapons he was most familiar with, which is what he should have done. A spear would be useless in the tight quarters as described by the current free chapters. ( New chapters posted yesterday! Read nau!!!). As for the bow, I don’t think he had any skill in it. As for smoke bombs and tear gas grenades, I doubt they work. Firearms work by oxidizer enhanced rapid combustion. So smoke bombs should be inhibited the same way. And he does bring other things. If you haven’t reached that chapter, I won’t spoil it for you. :D:D:D

If he didn’t train sword and shield, why bring it? Also, don’t forget these monsters are not super strong, but super fast. Yes, a small shield might have been helpful. But if he’s not used to using them, it becomes useless. The armor would have slowed him down, and he needed every edge against those fast mutts. But a few pieces of protective gear, I agree he should have had them.

Sure, he could have carried in additional gear. But what if he got jumped 5 steps into the dungeon? Better to carry one backpack, so you can fight immediately. :eek:

Overclock likes this.
  16. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I recall it saying he just harrassed them. Not fight them yeah.

This guy had years to prepare. Years even with the time skip right and had trillions to spare? And he never tried fighting with another weapon even before he regressed? For someone who prioritized survival a sword and knife are very offensive weapons that place you at the front.

I would think a smoke bomb, or something similar would work. It's not high tech if made with common items. Heck I imagine even bag filled with spices thrown at these mutts would have been very effective. Or just throwing rotten eggs or something. Normally research is done to trivialize monsters like this with proper prep work.

Armor is heavy, but isn't he in very good shape? It could have just been made light and not a full body one. Just covering vitals. Also once his skill turns activates and gets E stats it shouldn't be heavy at all.

A shield is a basic weapon to keep you alive. Even a small one can be useful and can be used to attack as well if it has sharp edges. He doesn't need to be Captain America, just proficient enough to hold it in a fight.

If jumped immediately he could just throw the bags at them.

I hope more is explained of his thought process at the very least.

17. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    How? To gain proficiency with a weapon, he needs to train with instructors. At least. He probably did train with instructors with sword and knife, certainly it is implied in the manhwa that he’s had a lot of experience with them.

Gunpowder is made with common ingredients too. Saltpeter, charcoal and sulfur. Because the military had charge of dungeons, we should expect at least a certain level of experimentation to see what can be used, and what can’t. Smoke bombs are basically a slowed down form of gunpowder, and the older types are made with the same ingredients. Trust a teenage pyromaniac. Me. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Research might have been done to reduce the difficulty of first dungeons. But Sun might not have had the opportunity to get it, or even remember it. He remembers the Asian Financial Crisis because he was an economics major, and studied it. He would have no reason to study F class dungeons, simply because he had been forced into them, and further information is lacking.

As mentioned, I agree he should have at least gotten some armor. Titanium chain mail would be light and strong.

I agree about the shield, but in his defense, if his lifetime of combat experience didn’t have a shield, he has no business taking one. Better to stick to what you’re good at. o_O

Well, at least he got the escape insignia. As to whether or not he uses it...:D:D:D

Overclock likes this.
  18. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    As for what technology is banned isn't clear enough to me. He can't bring a flashlight, but could he have brought a torch or match. If a gun won't work would a crossbow work. He can consume drugs/pills but a smokescreen, potentially a bag or hollow object filled with dirt, spices, or irritants from plants is off limits? If you can take pills can you drug the enemies and get them high?

I know you aren't the author but these are the questions that need answering.

19. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    We don’t know.

Known not to work:
    Guns
    Electronics

Known to work:
    Bows (from an upcoming chapter :D:D)
    Bear traps. ( from an...you know) :rolleyes:
    Drugs and medicine, canned or preserved food
    Swords and daggers.

It seems the system is fickle, or plain ignoring physical laws. Guns are chemical, why should medicine work, but not guns? Electronics and the human nervous system uses electrical signals, why one and not the other? :rolleyes:

20. mash

mash Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @useeunfriendly. So mention there are chapter up to 70 at nau. Can somebody explain What is nau.