LCD Path of Medicine With a System

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Nov 16, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/path-of-medicine-with-a-system/
    C2: If he gives his sister so much money, then how is he planning to pay for an apartment? Does his new job provide accommodations or something?

C3: I can't say I have much respect for a hospital that thinks its a good idea to drink until you pass out.

C5: Why doesn't he just practice his sutures on pig feet or something? Isn't that how you normally practice such things? It wouldn't be good to try learning on a human being after all. Or does the system not count practice not performed on humans?

C6: As an anesthesiologist and department head, can she still not afford a dentist? Even if she's severely underpaid, wouldn't the hospital have a dentistry department where she'd get a major discount?

I'm glad the author/translator didn't bother to put an actual racial slur there. Few fail to give in to the temptation.

I wonder how long his employment contract is, and if he'll be running the hospital by the time it expires ;)

C7: "Nuar started completely skipping out on work every day and not even coming." lol. It looks like he might be running his department even sooner than I expected ;)

His girlfriend's roommate has a boyfriend too, right? Wouldn't they be able to do it when she was out with her boyfriend?

C8: It really just feels wrong for doctors to work on commission. It feels like it would incentivize them to do bad things.

I wish more of the medical terms would be explained. Some I understand from watching too much ER, but there's plenty I don't :(

C9: It feels like a bad idea to be trying so hard to distract him during a difficult surgery...

You can tell how bad they are at their profession that they put so much effort into turning the new guy into a drinker and a smoker. They clearly didn't pay attention in med school, or learn anything from their decades of exposure to the consequences of such habits.

C11: Wouldn't it be a bad idea to send all of their competent orthopedic surgeons away at the same time? At best, it'll be at least five hours before they can come back, but probably much longer.

C12: Its sad how much of that oath has nothing to do with medicine.

C14: If she's known the problem and the solution for a year now, then why hasn't she been treated already?

C17: He should try to leverage this into better medical equipment ;)

That aside, I wonder what Batu plans to do once the MC gets his license. This hospital really doesn't have anything to offer a workaholic like the MC at that point.

C18: So much corruption in this series...

C19: I wonder if she'd be just as interested in him if she knew he was poor but incredibly skilled with a very bright future as a doctor. Not that it'll matter. The MC never goes for the women that care about money.

Its nice that the MC is actually allowed to fail. Its practically unheard of in series on this site.

C20: If they're so worried about his mental health, then why not send him to a psychiatrist? The hospital should have them on staff, yes? And they should be very used to this particular problem.

I get that gps and cellphones might not have been big yet in 2008 China, but wouldn't they still have atlases? People have been planning trips with atlases for centuries.

C23: "She would lose a significant amount of money from potential bribes if she wasn't at home." lol. I don't know how this series doesn't get in trouble with the censors ;)

Considering how cigarettes are treated in this series, it makes me wonder if the China in the author's mind functions on a prison style cigarette based economy.

I feel that Mrs. Wang is going to save his bacon in the not to distant future...

C24: Its nice to see him take care of his family, but he really should keep some of it for himself.

That vice director of public health really stepped in it. He should have realized that anyone that managed to get on that list without being a director had to be someone with connections. He should have found out what those connections were before casually screwing him over. Its nice that it was resolved so quickly though. In any other series that would have taken at least three chapters.

"I heard he's the son of a high-ranked official from their province with incredibly deep connections" lol. Batu is so shameless XD

If they want to improve things on the border, they should consider improving the equipment, working conditions and pay. People are only going elsewhere due to the lack of these things. Well, that and the weather, but there's nothing they can do about that.

C25: I wonder if BCU will try to recruit him ;)

C26: "He came here with intent!" I wonder if this means that they think he's after their jobs ;)

"There will only be two days off per month" lol. The MC really screwed them over this time.

C27: Honestly, at this point its dangerous for the patients. Doctors need to sleep or their patients start to die.

C28: If he was going to still be in Bluebird City, then why didn't he sign up for the exam there? I'm sure there would have been one at the university where he's studying.

Airfare sure is cheap. The MC doesn't know how good he's got it paying such low rates.

C29: On the upside, if Batu is going to jail, then there's no need for the MC to feel guilty when he leaves the hospital for greener pastures.

C30: "You're finally about to f*cking leave!" lol. I think someone's going to miss him terribly ;)

I hope he doesn't let Batu drag him down. Batu made this mess himself, and hurt a lot of innocent people in the process. What's happening to him now is nothing more than justice.

C31: Shi Lei should really have corrected Turxun's assertions about the MC, especially the "has no friends" remark. Bullying him could well end the new superintendent's career.

I wonder if Dr. Chen will be following the MC when he finally moves on to greener pastures.

That aside, why didn't the MC try to use any of his connections? Its unlikely that there'll be very many surgeries in the middle of nowhere, and his knowledge of other fields is quite weak.

C32: "Stop acting like a girl" Wow, has he never met a girl before?

C33: lol. Didn't Expect Shi Lei to be keeping tabs just so that he could turn the superintendent in. ;)

C35: lol. Shi Lei's moral compass could use some work ;)

C38: I hope the MC gets his face slapped for assuming that women can't be surgeons. There's literally no justification for such an idiotic assumption.

I'm surprised his base salary didn't increase when he got hired on at a much higher ranked hospital. No wonder they take so many kickbacks and whatnot. Working hard doesn't actually pay.

C39: Maybe all the coal mining companies that get into trouble have tainted my perception of them, but this guy actually caring about his miners and shelling out so much money for their healthcare just feels weird.

C40: They eat deer fetuses? That just sounds disgusting.

If he's not lying about doing the procedure in Bluebird, then why doesn't he just contact BCU and see if he can get a bone screw from them or from their suppliers?

C43: He's keeping an inhuman schedule. Everyone knows this. Why are they acting like she's not worthy to be a surgeon if she can't keep up with him when absolutely no one in the hospital can? Just how much is sexism blinding their ability to think?

C45: He only makes 100k Yuan a year? That's pathetic. Its roughly what you make flipping burgers in the US. Doctors would practically have to be corrupt just to pay their bills.

I'm surprised he's planning to stick around. I thought for sure he'd aim for a hospital in a capital or something. He's going to have a very hard time transferring out of surgery once he's ready to move on in his studies if he stays there.

C48: Why is he so intent on making things hard for Batu's supporters? If they were just sucking up to their boss, and aren't trying to make things hard for him, then he's just making things unnecessarily difficult and hurting the efficiency of his hospital.

C50: lol. I just wish more people in series that actually have demons came to such conclusions about OP MCs ;)

C51: He only thinks men are direct because his EQ is so low that he continually misses them being indirect. Either that, or his sexism is coloring his memory.

I wonder if he'll teach his massage techniques. They're quite dangerous if performed incorrectly. It has to be extremely difficult to learn without injuring anyone permanently.

C52: I'm surprised its only one year. It doesn't seem like long enough to really get a good feel for all the different departments.

C57: "The point of romantic relationship was to improve one's own standing" That is an incredibly bad attitude to have...

C59: Even if he doesn't want to use the connections for himself, he should consider using them for his sister. He could probably not only help her more easily enter a high tier college, but also get various scholarships and acceptance into relevant professional groups that would not only help her do well in school, but also give her the connections she'd need to get good internships and a high quality job after graduating.

C60: He should still report that guy. Acting like that in the operating room is basically attempted murder. Someone like that can't be allowed to have that job.

C62: This feels like the introduction of the female lead. I wonder how upset Suyue will be with herself for introducing them if those two start dating ;)

C68: How the heck is this her fault? He died because his medical expenses were too high. The people at fault are the administrators who set the prices and the politicians that refused to help pay them or help expand healthcare enough to prevent overcrowding. She wasn't even taking kickbacks as far as I remember.

C69: So, because she didn't like Ye Jing for not being just like her, she decided to punish her and everyone around her for something the superintendent clearly knew and acknowledged wasn't her fault. Not only is that unethical, it could also have a severe negative impact on Ye Jing's mental health, the quality of care she provides her patients, the living situations of the nursing staff, the loyalty of the nursing staff, and the quality of care provided by the nursing staff. Basically, she took a bad situation and made it worse because of purely personal reasons. She's not qualified to be the superintendent.

C70: His parents have their own business now that's doing quite well. Why would they want to abandon it to come leech off him in a city so far away from their home? He should just keep working hard and aim to get a job at a hospital near them rather than insisting on uprooting their lives when he probably doesn't even plan to stay in Chasu permanently.

C71: She knows her friend well enough to know that she has absolutely no interest in the MC and would welcome him being taken off of her hands. Why is she trying to distance herself from him on her friend's account?

If the area is really exploding to that extent, he should buy the house even if only to sell it when he leaves the area. He'll likely make quite a bit of profit.

That aside, I wonder if he could get her to help him house shop. I feel he's probably not shameless enough ;)

C72: There's two local doctors including Munk right? Couldn't one of them be his assistant?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Nom de Plume and Jellyfish 00 like this.
  2. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    (A spoiler tag might be nice for the reflections of the chapters so far, since it’s the OP afterall.)

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't O negative a relatively rare blood type? I thought it was only like 7% of the population that has it? Why do three of the four doctors sent here have it? Also, what is this medical center even doing that it doesn't have records of everyone's blood types? That's easy to collect, life saving information.

Why didn't they just have the expert talk them through it? It sounds more like its a new application of old techniques than an entirely new technique, so talking them through it should have been perfectly reasonable and much, much safer.
    Why? This is the Latest Chapter Discussion. Anyone coming in here should expect discussion up to and including the latest chapter. They're willingly choosing to be spoiled if they come in here without having read up to the latest chapter. Plus, I number everything, so they're free to stop the moment they get to the most recent chapter they've read, or to the furthest ahead spoiler that they're willing to read.

4. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    You misunderstand. I meant since it was so long and people will almost always see it even if they’ve already read it. I’m saying this as an individual, so it’s not like it’s a requirement. ^_^

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, sure thing.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  6. NovelsAreLife

NovelsAreLife Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read comments that this actually isn't a system novel so I've been hesitating on whether to actually read this. Is it true? I don't want to just read a medical drama without the MC having a system but I really want to read something similar to the concept of Great Doctor Ling Ran except less robotic (? all he keeps thinking about is surgeries and transformers) MC with more of a work life balance.

7. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this Novel has its translation dropped