Pay for content or Pay for in game currency

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lucresia, Sep 4, 2018.

?

Pay for content or Pay for ingame currency

1. Pay for contents

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. Pay for ingame currency

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Don't care just play the game

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lucresia

Lucresia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I was eating and the people sitting across from me where talking about micro transacting in game. One of the person was saying that if a game has extra content that person wont buy but if it has ingame currency he will buy it and he support that. What I'm getting from this is that he ok with pay to win and he's not okay with paying for extra content. What do you approve of or do you even care?

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a leecher. What do u think... :blobsmirk:

kenar, Shiro-kun, Poor_Hero and 6 others like this.
  3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't pay for content basically dlcs and expansions. Which may prove worth paying for actually unlike those "loot boxes" and stuff nowadays

Hegao and Lucresia like this.
  4. lolilolinepu

lolilolinepu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some pay for ingame currecies are not that good like FGO gacha rates so it isnt worth it i guess

Lucresia likes this.
  5. frenzy85

frenzy85 Not Well-Known Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    That's kinda crazy...
    I buy both, but definitely prefer more content.
    I know people with varying preferences, too, but none hate dlc's but like micro-transactions.

Lucresia likes this.
  6. Lucresia

Lucresia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep basically every game has dlc and you can still play without buying dlc.

7. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Paying for new content means... You bought half a game originally. So FUCK OFF CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFIELD, RAINBOW SIX, etc...

Anyways, p2w isnt that bad once you look at it perspectively. As in you are the person investing in trampling on others.

8. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I preordered a Mona Lisa the other day.
    They only gave me half the picture.
    Then they sold the other half, which is broken to pieces as DLCs.

Props to you if you get the ref.

kenar, NekoMK2 and Traveling Chef like this.
  9. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    I miss the good old days when DLC was free and only meant extra characters/guns in combat/fps games. When rpgs and other such stories began adding extra storyline and whatnot...what a shame

kenar, NekoMK2 and Neigh like this.
  10. Neigh

Neigh "Lich-King" "Harem-Fan" "Tragedy-Hater"

Reading List:
    Link
    i Prefer Extra Content, in-game Current in games has more often than less needed Money for Bags,Bank, new talents,flypoints/portal and Craft jobs and the like really dont like games like this. Just one time Extra content is much better. ;)

Traveling Chef likes this.
  11. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever it called.. .
    You or that person shall be.. [​IMG]

kenar likes this.
  12. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    it really depends on the game and what you're getting. i refuse to spend real money on a gacha system, especially one with super shit odds, but if an item is guaranteed and reasonably priced, i don't mind dropping some money on it. the same goes for DLC. so long as it's worth what i'm spending, i don't have a problem with it. something like the sims or, one of the Warriors games i saw awhile back, where base game and all the expansions add up to almost $300, there's no way in hell i'm spending that much.

however, if we're talking about energy or the item or DLC in question is one designed to help players "bypass the need for all that meaningless grinding", that's off the table entirely. i'm not spending $10 on a pack that just shoves exp/money down my throat, just because they lowered the rates so much it's almost impossible to grow without them.

13. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer the good ole days of Expansion packs for PC games. it wasnta bunch of microtransactions and it wasn't lack luster DLC/ content that was on the disk but locked behind a paywall. a good example is WoW they still bring out expansion packs and are arguably better than standard DLC packs. it used to be if you bought a 60$ game, after playing it you felt like you got your monies worth. then an Expansion would come out for another 20 - 40$ and it was enough extra content to consist of almost another game..now you get crap like Destiny 1 and the season pass for DLC which covered only two basic bitch DLC that was really content on the disk locked behind a paywall.

14. Sin

Sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I prefer subscription based, where as all the important content isn't road blocked. Non subscription based games tend to roadblock a person quite hard in particular aspects & can cost more in the long run.

Ophis_Trihexa and Traveling Chef like this.
  15. vancenick

vancenick Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Back in the glory days of gaming you would buy a game for 20 dollars and it would be a game you could sink weeks into and then 6 months to a year later if you were lucky the developers would release an expansion pack or map pack and double the size of the game for 10 bucks more nowadays you spend 60 dollars for a game that has 6-10 hours of play time and you pay 20 bucks more for dlc that adds 2-3 more hours plus thousands of dollars of worthless pay to win and loot boxes for multiplayer the world of gaming has gone down the drain although there are some companies out there who don’t care as much about the money and more about the customers looking at you Nintendo

16. Sin

Sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FF7-8, Pokemon when I was in school eons ago with classmates. I enjoyed naming a Pokemon with the weakest name, had a classmate who didn't really look at the icon.

17. justanotherreader

justanotherreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    playing for extra in-game content only makes sense if it's entirely cosmetic, like how Fortnite and Titanfall 2 did. The way games like CoD and Battlefield do in game micro-transactions are absolutely scummy and disgusting, keeping weapons and equipment behind paywalls is stupid and makes the game feel lazy since those could be behind challenges to do.

Also DLC can work well when you feel like you've gotten a full game at launch and the DLC is giving you everything you want and more. For example the The Witcher 3 didn't feel unfinished when you played the game and the DLC only added to the experience. It's when shit developers like Bungie decide to cut the game into so many pieces to use as future DLC and charge you retarded prices for them. I.E. They cut The Dark Below, House of Wolves, Saturn (which was used in the taken king), Mercury (which was a DLC for D2) and EDZ (which was a playable location in the D2 base game) and then charged $20, $20 then 40 fucking dollars for TTK(saturn technically) which was CUT CONTENT. On top of which they used the cut content from the first game as content for the second game, where they also charged you $24 for mercury, which should've been in the first game.

I'm all for DLC so long as its reasonably priced and doesn't feel like a fucking scam tbh

18. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I pay for both, but only if I like it.

For example, I play Dota 2, and since I like Kardel (the Sniper), I buy lots of skins for him. So I do spend money on micro-transaction, though it's not in-game currency exactly. On the other hand, I also like single-player RPGs, and I also have DLCs for them. Currently replaying Kingdoms of Amalur, for which I have both the DLCs.

19. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link

everquest 2 was pretty nice for awhile. adventure pack every 6 months or a full expansion within 9 and rather decently priced, or even given for free after enough time had passed. then you got things like Dragon Age, where they'll remove the entire final quest line to sell it. the season passes were a nice idea, when they first started. most packs might cost $5, pass costs $20, and ultimately you end up getting the last part free. now they'll give you one or two laughable "expansions", a handful of costumes, and then everything else you expected to get is sold individually or put into an entirely different pack.

selling games with upgraded or collectors editions have become bullshit, too. the bonus digital maps and soundtracks you get, for an extra $20, is a joke, as they're digital and in the game files you already have. so what if it's more detailed, you could literally find 'em on google the next day and it'd be the exact same file. you're no longer getting something special, such as the collectors coins, lovely fabric maps, figurines, or a chest/metallic container games used to give when they charged $90-120 for a game. now it's just digital garbage and all the content you should have had when you first bought the game has become unlocked (character slots, classes, etc).

Lucresia and Traveling Chef like this.
  20. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah I signed on to destiny from the get go and got the 90$ dollar version, which was the base game and season pass, featuring dark below and house of wolves. they hadn't even talked about ttk before that and after playing below house of dark wolves, i had half given up on destiny. then Taken King was dropped with all the Bull that was going around that when it first hit and I haven't touched destiny since.
    preach it man~