Resolved Paywalled novels

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by jambbo, Dec 10, 2019.

1. jambbo

jambbo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that paywalled chapters are normally not displayed on Novel Upadates and Wuxiaworld has a lot of paywalled chapters. I know that it can be reported to be removed. Does this mean that nobody reported them yet(even though they have a LOT of paywalled chapters) or admins dont give a f*ck when it is not quidian?

2. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    no one reported it
    once in a while i go to my dead reading list and go to a old website to see if there are news and find that the site is no longer online
    sometimes i report, other times i don't
    if you find some, then report

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Shio, asriu and Westeller like this.
  3. mio

mio just me

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people don't bother reporting. mostly because you only go looking for aggregator sites if you want to read those chapters. Reporting them defeats the purpose.

those who do pay for the chapters probably have better to do than to scour the net for those sites too, and the reason Qidian reports a lot of sites is mostly because they have a vested interest in keeping their chapters nice and expensive.

4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you report it? Since you could report it and the mods will remove it.

Most people don’t notice it since they either don’t see it or don’t click the link. Then the ones who do read those novels generally read them on the website directly since those websites require you to get an account, login daily to collect reading credits etc.

Shio likes this.
  5. Avrnea

Avrnea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxiaworld has paywalled chapters? I thought it was only completed novels that gets paywalled?

6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If one of their novels has recently been completed and paywalled, we may not have noticed and removed the links yet. If it's an old novel, we may have missed it. Either way, yeah, just report it.

For novels on Webnovel, because their paywalls fluctuate, are sometimes removed for events, and are overall just so numerous, we have an automated system for detecting when a paywall is present and when it has been removed for a given release. It's not that we don't care when other sites - like WuxiaWorld - apply paywalls, it's just that we have to manually attend to those. A similar system could be created for other sites, but it has to be done on a case by case basis and usually isn't worth the trouble. Most sites are either smaller in scale than Webnovel or are more consistent with their paywalls. ... or just don't have any to begin with.

It is. The way WuxiaWorld's new system works is they allow free reading of their translations while they're ongoing, and then paywall them when they're completed.

Shio and DocB like this.