Peace Be Upon You ~Happy Ramadan~

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tottiy, May 18, 2018.

?

What is your Religion?

1. Christianity

2. Islam

3. Non-religious

4. Hinduism

5. Buddhism

6. Judaism

7. Daoism

8. Shintoism

9. NUFism

10. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kid Kayor

Kid Kayor The Cake is Fake, The Pie is a Lie

Reading List:
    Link
    True

2. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    As much I would like to Ignore your posts, Alas, I'm the OP so I can't.

First of all: @Sterben4 ;
    Islam is a way of life, it's a religion and not something you are forced to. Whether you were born into Islam or just know enough to believe in it on your own. The way you speak about Islam is insulting and I believe that you should have put those words in a more polite and 'cultured' way. I don't mind you rejecting it as a religion -I don't agree though- but I hope you learn to use better words to express your feeling and learn more about your religion before judging it. also never judge Islam by the using the public views about it because this is just being as ignorant as those who judge it by those who they believe follow it -eg. terrorists. rings a bell?-.

------
    Now to @RTS ;
    As much as there is some truth in your words but I would like you to think before you say words like that, what you said about fasting does have a hint of truth, But to use YOUR limited vision to judge Muslims in general, people like you are the ones painting Muslims as terrorists and barbaric. also as a Muslim you should know that you're forbidden from throwing people with debauchery and disbelieving or anything similar. You have no right to judge a man for his religion and you have no right to judge his Islam, this is a divine right. the only case you can do is seeing his say words of disbelieving with your eyes which I have not seen. Learn to acknowledge peoples situations and never give up on them. this -I believe- is one of Islam's teachings.
    ------

I would like to say that most of people judge Islam by looking at the worst believers, please before you judge any religion or any group in general, learn what it was made for what it's goals are and what teachings they were given. Don't be a person who would throw a whole cart of apples because one is rotten.

An once again. this thread is NOT made to discuss religion this is a congratulation thread.
    Have a nice day, tottiy.​

RTS likes this.
  3. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy Ramadan, you fools. You should have asked God to specify that some foods are bad only in your own region. :D

RTS likes this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I have yearly schedule on ramadhan
    take note how many female acquaintance fail on diet
    at least I have da list for 5 years ~
    amazing right?
    cool.png

5. RTS

RTS ☀┩ îИϑîℂ✞υƧ ɛӼքʊɢռǟȶօʀ┡☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, so it has come to this, huh? Tell me, how can you be so sure that people like me are the ones painting Muslims as terrorists and barbaric? Seeing how you don't even know me, your claim is pretty unsubstantiated. Though I can't say I am a very devoted Muslim, but what I can say is Islam is a very essential part of my life. I am proud to be a Muslim. I offer prayers, perform fast and celebrate Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha; and do various things that any other Muslim ought to do. So you accusing me of painting Muslims as terrorists and barbaric is tantamount to questioning my belief, which in turn gives me the liberty to be offended by your accusation. In fact, I hope you can reflect a bit from your own following words:
    Likewise.
    Yes, you are one hundred percent correct. But unlike you, I did not judge his Islam without any evidence. See:
    He did not believe in Ramadan, which happens to be one of the five pillars of Islam. Following the five pillars of Islam is a prerequisite to being a Muslim.
    Verse 2:185 of the Qurans says:
    "The month of Ramadan (is the month) in which the Qur’an has been sent down as guidance for mankind containing clear signs which lead (to the straight road) and distinguishing (the truth from falsehood).."
    Interpret it however you may, @tottiy. I do not want to undergo another discussion like this where I am faced with inflammatory remarks about my belief and faith.

Believe me when I say I have been through a lot worse. The number of islamophobics I have come across is enough to leave one hating the whole of humanity, but me and my belief remains unfazed.

6. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    @RTS ;
    First; it seems that you have misunderstood my word, I apologise for not making things clear enough.
    When I said that people like you are those who paint Muslims as barbaric, I meant to remind you of not being narrowminded as you judged the majority -those who fast- by the minority -those who don't-. and I meant that those who have judged Muslims as terrorist an barbaric used that same pattern they saw that some who claimed to be Muslims are terrorists then they came to the conclusion that ALL Muslims are the same.
    so I never meant to question your beliefs or faith.
    Second;
    That he insulted Ramadan does not mean that he insulted fasting in general and it doesn't mean that he doesn't believe in it or that he doesn't follow Islam teaching and pillars. I believe that you did not 'Cut his heart open' and see what beliefs it contains and whether he is fasting or refuses to do so.

I agree that insulting Ramadan -or time in general- is considered great sin but that does not mean that he is no longer a Muslim.

To make this crystal clean, I did not put as insulting fasting and therefore Islam. I put him as insult the month itself as in time. Time is just a creation, cursing it -as far as I know- is like cursing a rock for being there. Also there is a 'Hadeeth' against cursing time and in it the time was attributed to God -as he manages it so insulting time is not insulting God-.

'Interpret it however you may' is what we actually did. I choose the best interpretation because I do not wish to close doors in front of people, hoping that they mean the best. while you choose the worst interpretation to his words believing yourself righteous .
    that is the reason I ignored his post at first.

Again, Please think of peoples situations before harshly judging them.

As you said, you have been through such times too. What if he is currently experiencing similar or perhaps worse situations?

BB_Tensei likes this.
  7. RTS

RTS ☀┩ îИϑîℂ✞υƧ ɛӼքʊɢռǟȶօʀ┡☀

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh.
    Okay, my man. I don't want to argue anymore, or otherwise I would be breaking the rules set by the moderators...which I already have to some extent. Anyway, it was nice talking to you. I hope the next time we (if ever) meet would be on a bit more friendlier terms.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
    tottiy likes this.
  8. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to argue further either, but I had to as the OP. I didn't want things to devolve so the thread could stay alive -I hope we didn't go too far :blobsweat_2:- It was nice talking to you, I'm usually a Lurker so I hope we meet again in a post interesting enough to bait me to read and reply to it.

RTS likes this.
  9. Sterben4

Sterben4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, you’re right. I stepped out of line. I apologise. I was just having a really bad day

tottiy likes this.
  10. tottiy

tottiy [Redacted]

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope whatever problem is troubling you is now gone -or goes away soon- , be careful next time.
    Have a nice day.