Discussion people are so weird.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by efo, May 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw a lot of people who gives low ratings even though they know there is something bad going to happen, it's so weird and upsetting. this mostly happens with the novels that has tags of yandere or shameless protagonist or possessive characters, rape, abuse, exc and the funny part is that they already know what is coming. I'm well aware that some people like this kind of things and some people don't and I know that these tags are not healthy but if you don't like something then don't bother with it. I'm so upset that a lot of good novels has bad ratings just because of these kinds of people.

tell me what do you think about those people.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  2. plutotheplanet

plutotheplanet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its sad but people are just to sensitive these days

efo likes this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there are people who would give low ratings just because they see a tag they don't like even if they haven't read the novel in question.

There are also those who are averse to the tags but not completely, so they still attempt to read the novel, hoping for better execution than the usual, only to be disappointed (me, every time I come across a promising novel but with the dreaded harem, for example).

And then there are readers who are drawn towards those tags and would therefore likely be very lenient in their judgment.

In the end, tags and genre can only give one an idea of what one might find in the novel, but not much about how they are treated.

nonsensical, Nimroth, Rumby and 5 others like this.
  4. Owl1412

Owl1412 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most translators put warnings (which I like) but tbh I’m a degenerate and don’t care since it’s obviously fiction. But yeah, smut/bdsm type novels tend to be pretty poor in quality so I feel like their low rating is deserved. As for yanderes, they get kinda tropey and predictable. I feel like I’m pretty desensitized to those novels but trying to find a masterpiece with those tags you listed is like trying to find a needle in a haystack

nonsensical and efo like this.
  5. kurokitsune8

kurokitsune8 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @efo Could you recommend me some novels with these kinds of accusations? I would like to check them out.
    (quote me)

efo likes this.
  6. Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu

Reaper.ChaosKamifumetsu ‖True Chaos‖Twisted Prodigy‖True Energy‖Gamer God‖

Reading List:
    Link
    in the first place i think that measuring novels by rating is a bad thing (i am the kind of guy who never rates anything like stories or even searches them by it)
    cause there are a large amount of people rating whatever they want so i think its good to ignore them
    and if people do want to share their opinion they can do it by reviews
    (please dont get offended by this cause rating reviews are like ging and asking a person who hates coffee to rate it cause there are many people with different tastes and stories are not like televisions or microwaves which are rated based on their performance)

aintg and efo like this.
  7. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes they don't know. If the novel is being translated and its not completed, some things can happen and the tag is going to appear after that, furthermore, ppl can expect some shits but if the author do it really poorly, he deserves to be receive bad reviews.

efo likes this.
  8. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well I can recommend...Years of Intoxication I guess, it has very yandere ml so if you're into it you can try. ( but you'll have to feel a lot of pain until the end but hey it ends good...pretty much. personally, I liked it )

kurokitsune8 likes this.
  9. kurokitsune8

kurokitsune8 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, I will check it out.

efo likes this.
  10. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Well without even looking i knew this novel was bl. Dont get offended i am telling the truth.

efo likes this.
  11. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah it is but I forgot to mention it and it's too late now (n)

12. Nepagear

Nepagear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not weird, it's just human nature, humans want to remove, degrade or destroy something that they don't like, and we can't help it, that's how humans are, also sometimes they just wanna leave some comments for the sake of attention....I remembered a novel that till now still keep traumatizing me...a very great story the mc is cool, very big responsibility, has loving wife and friends...until well the best friend of mc lit. falls inlove with mc's loving wife, and due to mc always leaving to seek power due to knowing how grim the future holds made his wife doesn't understand mc...well his wife and his best friend kiss, although it's only a kiss and holding hands...cheating is still cheating ya know, well the author ended mc's wife by making it that the enemy assassin's ambushed her, she tells the mc that she's sorry for falling inlove with mc's bestfriend and sorry for not helping him in his burden....welp that sht ttaumatized me cause I thought it's a very great story then the author suddenly decided for cuckold (albeit only holding hands, hugging, and kissing) there's no even ntr tag btw so it really hit me hard

efo likes this.
  13. Evil-Staar

Evil-Staar New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why you upset by actions of other peoples? That is theirs opinions and will to gives rates thats they want ant it's not weird. And weird - thinking that other people weird becouse they dont like what you like.

efo likes this.
  14. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    If a novel has crappy tags then it's a crappy novel, I wouldn't bother with it though. Not sure what those tags would be as it's been a while but if there was something like instant OP, bashing, ROFLSTOMPING, ruthless=psychopath, System wipes MC's butt...

efo likes this.
  15. idlereader

idlereader 『Agentt's Aunt』『Don't touch the Flowersss!!!!』

Reading List:
    Link
    These people want to force their opinions on others. It's seems to me that they believe that what they say is always right.
    It's better not to bother them. :blob_zipper_mouth:

efo likes this.
  16. Bookwyvern

Bookwyvern Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some don't even bother with the tags. Some see them read it, and because the feel uncomfortable they roast the author and readers who give good ratings to make themselves feel better.

efo likes this.
  17. Dearling

Dearling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's because a tag/genre was poorly executed, a bad rating makes sense.

However, if a novel's tags clearly say there's gonna be *** or abuse or something like that, and people rate it low because they were like, "totally didn't expect *** or abuse!", I'd just be like... you brought this on yourself, please stop complaining :blobawkward:

efo likes this.
  18. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's still stupid because books get mislabeled all the time. Think about it this way, somewhere between 80-90% of all the books with the "Historical" label aren't actually historical. Would it make any sense if I were to give them all 1s?

efo likes this.
  19. Dearling

Dearling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to because I don't read those novels. But if that many novels are mislabelled as "historical", then rather than giving them all 1s, it'd make more sense for people to have reformed their definition of the "historical" tag on NU, and judge within that new definition.

I mean, sure, they could give all those novels 1 star ratings instead, assuming that "historical" is basically the novel's main defining feature, all other tags are ignored, and the readers don't read the summaries/reviews and judge solely on the "historical" tag... which doesn't make sense in the first place. :blobawkward:

efo likes this.
  20. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's exactly my point. That it's not a good reason for giving a book the worst possible rating. Ratings in general are already pretty useless, but this kind of rating is even more so.

As for there being a ton of books mislabeled as "historical", yeah that absolutely happens. It's not as if people have a hard time telling what is and isn't historical; it happens because they don't care.

efo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.