Permission to take over translating Dry Monsoon novel

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by raven00, Nov 23, 2021.

1. raven00

raven00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,
    I would love to take over translating the Dry Monsoon novel. Only the first 4 chapters were translated in that novel and it was last updated on October 16th of this year. I tried to contact the translator, but I couldn't. It seems as if that person has disappeared, even the translator's blog is not working. Is it fine if I take over the translation. I have even got all the RAWS of that novel. I'm not much familiar with the NU rules and don't know who to ask from. Appreciate it I get permission to continue the translation of that novel

2. SweetLiesBL

SweetLiesBL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you translate from chapter one, your tled ch can be uploaded to NU. If you want to pick up from where the other translator left it, I think you needed to wait one month.

Here you have the info

raven00 likes this.
  3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    1- if the novel have more than 3 months of time since last update you are free to translate
    2- if the translator didn't buy the license you are free to translate from start at worst when he see your translation he will contact you.
    3- if the translator didn't leave any comment about going in hiatus and dissappear you are free to translate from start.

raven00 and Baldingere like this.
  4. raven00

raven00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tysm this helps a lot

Tysm for the help ❤

5. DanielleAfarit

DanielleAfarit Member

Reading List:
    Link

On the Updating Policy page, it says one of the requirements for a translator to be active is that they "must have released at least two releases within the past 30 days." They haven't released any chapters for over a month, so OP can (probably) start translating Dry Monsoon (from chapter 4) right now if they want to.
    I think the "three month" rule only applies to Novel Pick-Up Requests:

6. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, but it's happen often that some translators are busy about RL problems and return after 1 or 2 month. that is why at first it's was 6 month then it's became 3 month, i didn't know when it's changed to 1 month.

DanielleAfarit likes this.