Discussion (Persuasive) Weaknesses?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr. Tired, May 24, 2021.

?

Quack.

1. Aren't you a cat? ;-;

26.3%
  2. Quack~ :D

26.3%
  3. Moo? Oink? Baa? what? ( -._-.)

31.6%
  4. Yay, duck for dinner~ >:}

15.8%
  1. Mr. Tired

Mr. Tired Professional Idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Whether they're emotional, physical, verbal, or some other, what are your weaknesses in terms of giving in?
    Any context~

When my older sister wants to persuade me, she usually uses emotional or physical things. As in past memories/topics, or the famous 'You're in my house, I'm your legal guardian'. Although it may be not persuasive, it gets me on my feet: She throws shoes at me, lol. :blob_pout:

Some more random examples: Someone might be weak to bribery, lmao. Weak to hugs. Weak to honesty/genuine or pure kindness to every person. Weak to soft voice- anything.
    In any context or setting here~ :blobsnow: Ehehehehe.

For me, I'm weak to people who just have good auras or 'vibes'. Usually, besides body language and facial expressions, most can read a room or pick up on 'vibes'.

Some people I've met are just emitting happy easy-going vibes, and I like being around positivity a lot.
    I'm weak to food bribery. u_u You want me to go down to the creepy basement and grab your lost shoe among the spiders, just bribe me with food. I'll do it. For anyone, in this sense.

In context with friends/close people, I'm very weak to small, simple, friendly and close displays of affection. I love (and miss because of the pandemic) physically touch. :blob_catflip: I haven't had a hug, hair ruffle, shoulder pat, or even a nose boop by any friends in a long time. I miss it. A lot.
    Dare I say, I am highly affection starved these days.

I also am weak to certain names. Will not be clarifying more than that. :blobneet:

SylviaViolet likes this.
  2. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually rarely reject requests but I guess I'm weak to emotional things. Seeing people get sad or angry because of what I said is really hard to handle and makes me feel really bad even if what I said or did was reasonable.

Also, Quack~
    [​IMG]

Naraina and Mr. Tired like this.
  3. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cookies and hot Kingdom Hearts guys like Xiggy!

Mr. Tired likes this.
  4. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like when people use emotional persuasion too much and in an unhealthy way. ;-; Because then it is manipulation as a whole, and sometimes it's hard to notice too, sadly.
    Like gaslighting, or using their emotions on others in a fake way to make them do what they want. u_u

I freaking love that duck, I can't put it into words.

SylviaViolet likes this.
  5. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm weak to money. If someone is offering a reward, I'll likely do what they say. Food works too.

Mr. Tired likes this.
  6. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate it when people use emotional persuasion too. But I guess I was talking about genuine emotions here...... I kinda stay away from people who use emotional persuasion too much.

And of course, I freaking love the duck too!

Mr. Tired likes this.
  7. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    DUCK!! :blobfearful::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobscream::blobflag::blobflag::blobflag::blobflag: *hides*

8. SylviaViolet

Reading List:
    Link
    *le gasp* Hides from such a cute ducky? How badly did ducks scar you?

9. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been watching the duck do it's little dancy dance for a long time now, it's so cute.
    Are you scared of ducks?

10. Munimuyi

Munimuyi Chili <33

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm weak when it comes to my siblings or anyone younger than me in my family ah~ (I spoil them too much)
    I'm also quite soft hearted to anyone new, kind and anyone who I think is a nice person~

I rarely say no to be honest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mr. Tired likes this.
  11. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm weak to cute things... like absurdly weak... you can probably ask me to commit a murder in exchange for a kitten and i'll do it in a heartbeat. probably. i'm not too horribly starved on physical touch (there's a certain someone who takes care of that XD) but i really like hugs too!!! i'm weak to smell too... idk but as long as it's classified by my brain as good smell, i just fall for it (or for that person) without any doubts... i like introvert people most :blobpeek: i pretty much have a key to barge in their doors anytime... and i like seeing them have lots of friends too! (kind of sad that they leave me but honestly, who doesn't leave me anyways) i also like people who can go do my stupid stuff with... like skipping class to read novels... XD

Mr. Tired likes this.
  12. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    AH, yes! I forgot about smell too, I really have a love for certain smells. I don't like talking about it since someone said it's weird. And I guess it kinda is? But not really I don't think.
    I love the sense of smell and all the good things that smell good~

zetsuen_dark likes this.
  13. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    In terms of giving in uhhhhhhh, i think I'm weak when people act cutesy while asking for something especially if it isn't something they would usually do. Tones of their voice, sometimes when they talk in a low voice or an obviously sad tone I can't help but just say yes lmaoooo even if I know nothing about what they're sad for I just want to be able to help and lift their mood.

Mr. Tired and zetsuen_dark like this.
  14. zetsuen_dark

Reading List:
    Link
    when people hug me i just sniff their neck! they say it's ticklish though so i should do it less~ i like barging in their room and just smell the air!

omg you reminded me my voice-con disease.... esp zet's voice *cries*

15. Mr. Tired

Reading List:
    Link
    I-

I don't go around smelling people..or sniffing the air (lmfao-) but yes~ I like how humans have their own scent, or specific perfume/cologne they usually always wear consistently.

16. zetsuen_dark

Reading List:
    Link
    i like it when they just come straight out of the bath... i just hug them instantly (only close ppl though... it'll be weird if i just hug random ppl half-naked)

17. ListlessCat

ListlessCat ࿈༼The Anarchic Witch༽࿈ ⦑⤉notsoGoody Good Shoes⤈⦒

Reading List:
    Link
    Your sister has dark empathy tendency :blobwoah: that's not good..

zetsuen_dark likes this.
  18. zetsuen_dark

Reading List:
    Link
    dark empaths! like me! yay~ but actually they can be the most damaging people you can ever meet. like seriously. they can destroy you so subtly and you wouldn't even doubt them. isn't it beautiful?

19. HentMas

HentMas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna admit that "clear reasoning" works EXTREMELY WELL against me...

I can hear my kids beg, I can see them with tear filled eyes pleading to me for something or other... the more they do that the more my heart hardens, "I don't want to spoil them" "They need to learn that being emotional doesn't help to achieve what they want" "I'm not gonna let them manipulate me emotionally", and instead of me giving in to their cries, I end up annoyed and negating EVERYTING they asked... and if they keep it up I might even chastise them for not being reasonable...

Instead... if they approach me and tell me a congruent reason of "why" they want something or another, if they can explain with clear intent why they need whatever or want to go to whichever place, I tend to accept without a second thought... "Dad, I think I need a new mouse because the one I'm using is ugly" "Oh! have you searched which one you one? let's see" and then I recommend him one that is good.

Unless I can't at the moment and tell him "wait till I get my paycheck and we can"

It's... rare that I don't provide what they want, but if all they have is a "I want it I want it I want it" I definitely don't give it to them.

I don't know if I'm right or I'm wrong, I just know that my kids don't whine and are generally not prone to tantrums...

Oh... other than my kids? I don't think there is anyone that can make me do things I don't want/would usually do outside of my dad... But I have great respect for dad because of various family issues that I learned about as I grew up...

I'm very generous with my friends but if I really don't want to do-give something I just don't... and my friends respect that (they are the same) NO ONE CAN BRIVE ME WITH ANYTHING!!!

I know this question wasn't supposed to be this deep but heh, you got me thinking about things XD

Mr. Tired likes this.
  20. ListlessCat

ListlessCat ࿈༼The Anarchic Witch༽࿈ ⦑⤉notsoGoody Good Shoes⤈⦒

Reading List:
    Link
    Also my weakness, is when they cry.
    But as a person who always in the public library reading random stuff and passed by some books about psychology.

I may or may not know that you are only lying and may or may not know you're forcing your tears, you green tea bich:blob_coffee:

Mr. Tired likes this.