Discussion Pets

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nyamachi, Jul 7, 2020.

1. nyamachi

nyamachi [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! Animal companions are cute. I'm curious to know:
    1. Do you have a pet? If not, would you like one?
    2. What made you decide to get a pet? Becoming a pet owner or parent is a big responsibility~
    3. What animal is your pet? Do you have pics? :3
    4. What do you see as pros and cons of being a pet owner/parent?
    5. If it was possible, would you choose to transmigrate into the body of someone's pet?

:blobsnow:

imK and Havisu like this.
  2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, cats.
    The stray cat gave birth to baby kittenS in my cupboard.
    Why??? So you can kidnap my babies???!
    Pros: I've become a pro poop shoveller.
    Cons: Poop shovelling.
    No, then I can't eat chocolate.

nyamachi, Fulminata and Havisu like this.
  3. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Having a pet is like having a baby that will never grow up. You will have to feed it and deal with its poop every day, forever. The hairyer pets will coat your entire home with loose hairs, even your food, no matter how much you clean.

nyamachi likes this.
  4. RRat

RRat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Had 3 dogs in the past, now buried due to us not being the responsible owners we should be:blobconfounded:
    2. Duh. Pets are adorable. End of story.
    3. I want a toy poodle. They are practically, walking, talking poodle plushes.
    4. Well pros are: you have a cute pet to pamper. That's like, instant happiness. Cons are: pets have limited lifespan. Last month my dad's dog, a Husky, died due to old age. She was around for 20 years, my dad cried all day.
    5. Maybe? The life of being pampered seems great:blobdog:

nyamachi likes this.
  5. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've raised a herd of 14 hyenas.
    Adopted a tiger cub,
    I've ordered a boa, it's on the way (10-15 days).

Ps- all in my dreams, I had a German shepherd, now I don't have space, maybe when I move over.

nyamachi and RRat like this.
  6. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to have one, a cat, but there's no one that could take care of it at my place when I go outside to work. I'm reconsidering to have it at my parents place, but that would only mean to add more chores at home by dealing with the poop and have to feed it too, moreover my sister got an asthma before long, so we don't wanna trigger it by having a fur stuck somewhere nearby her.
    So yeah unless I got married or something, I can't

nyamachi and Havisu like this.
  7. Damsell in Distress

Damsell in Distress Waiting for dashing MC to save me from myself

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I have some pets
    I keep several stray cats that children in my area bring to play with(read: torture)
    so my family decide to keep the cats away from the kids and in the end they stick in our home..
    Is it a big responsibility..??
    Nope, my cat usually stay away from stranger and just laze around at home or take a walk around...

nyamachi likes this.
  8. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    My pet is a cat, and the reason people raise a cat here so it can hunt the mice. It gave birth 4 kittens not too long ago but only 1 survive, now the kitten is quite big which means it will soon be thrown at the nearest garbage dump. Female cat and dog not popular here as a pet because they can produce infinite offspring and people don't like to go out once for a few months just to throw the teenage pup and kitten.
    In the past, we also had male dogs but at that time there is a lot of wild dogs roaming around so there is food poisoning to eradicate the wild dog. Our dog fall victim too and after this happens 3 times (we always adopt 2 puppies when the old dog dies and this poisoning just happen when both just grow adult), we don't raise dog anymore

nyamachi likes this.
  9. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I miss my 2 dogs. I left them in my home country to move to Canada with my parents. Relatives are taking care of them now.

No I don't want to become a dog even if I get reincarnated as a pet of some attractive dog fucker. I'm not into that.

nyamachi and otaku31 like this.
  10. LetheanDragon

LetheanDragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I do, two yellow footed tortoises
    2. It was not my decision to get them. My mother suddenly decided to get them on a whim one day so my sister could play with them since she wanted a pet. Having not done their research, all the work was left to me and my bro’s gf to properly care for them, since my sister is a selfish monster that only cares for them when it garners her attention. Had to beat how to properly care for them into that stupid head of hers.
    3. Idk how to upload pics so rip but they’re palm sized. Quite cute
    4. Pros: adorable, makes you happy
    Cons: irresponsible co-owners
    5. Maybe. Depends on the owner

nyamachi likes this.
  11. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Cats. Since i was kindergarten, I always have pets at home. Since my family's home is on our own land lot, instead of keeping pet inside like most people, we keep our pet outside. This is especially important because our home is close to jungle-like land lot, so our pet keep small animals like mouse and snakes away from our home (or they will inform us). And maybe because of this, our cats tend to go on "duty patrol" around the town's neighborhood and come back at night, female one will stay at home though. The males are prone to have short-lived lives due to fighting against evil sect, they always and always come back home with bloody fur, they must think they're cool or something. One day this guy even brought back an owl that is still alive in his mouth and put it in front of me. Maybe as appreciation or tribute or something, but when i tried to make the bird as a pet, he got jealous and would kill it without eating it.

The female have very long life span. I remember there's this one cat that stay with us from she's still a little kitten until she died because of intestinal blockage due to hairball. Sad, but at that time she already given birth to dozens of kittens and all of her children have mostly leave this world for good. She's so damn strong that she even burried some of her own son by herself without crying like her owner. ...

She's alone and she probably want to meet them in heaven ASAP. Rest in peace, Plain.

After that we always got a new cat or two, but none ever lived as long as Plain. The things that annoy me the most however, is that since i went into university and have to stay outside of the state, the only people in that house, my mom, my dad, and my lil' sister, didn't take care of our cats as much as i did. They tend to forget to give food to our cats, even when they themselves never forget to prepare food for them human selves. When cats didn't back for days they think its normal and would not worry about it. When cats come home in blood they think its just a territorial dispute between cats and its nothing to bring over vet. Hell they didnt even tend a cat that surely looks like he have been hit by car.
    When i told that its better to just either release the cat to be adopted to better home, they got angry, thinking i am cruel to the cat and didn't love the cat as much as they did. They only there for the pet only for their own bright and shine.

Across the community graveyard is the back of my home, and maybe because of that, people tend to abandon their cats there. And that cat naturally will come seek shelter to my place.

You see, one of the reason i hate human is because how selfish we are. When cats are beautiful and fluffy, people will adopt them so that the human can be happy. But when the cat started to get ugly, or old, or sick, or too tiresome to be with, human will abandon them without second thought. IF YOU WANT PET SO MUCH, BE SURE TO BE THERE WITH THEM TIL THEY DIED. Do you how good cat is? They're said to be selfish. This is true. But they're also very considerate. When they deemed that they don't have much time to live, they will start to stay away from their owner. Before you know, they will die quietly without your knowing. Why? Because they don't want to sadden their owner. They only there for their owner when their owner is having the worst day in their life, yet look at us hooman. How low can we be to abandon these friendship just because they can't fulfil us anymore?

And yes the cats that are abandoned at my house are mostly ugly, sickly, bloody, and worse, a mother that have just given birth, yet she was thrown away alone, without her children, she came to my house keep meowing asking for her children without stop. She keep searching everywhere without tired. Her mammary glands are leaking but her children is taken away from her. What is wrong with you human. Yes im not human! I resigned from being human!
    Cats. A lot of pic but i won't show it to you hooman
    Oh i also used to have a lot bronchocela jubata as pet. Its a type of lizard close to iguana.
    Pros: you will be trained to be responsible
    Cons: fking lots of irresponsible people came out of this.

I wont, but i hope those irresponsible hooman are transmigrated into abandoned cat and have a taste of how they treated their own cat

Shyt i make a whole lot article.
    Sorry and thanks if you went out of your way reading my rant.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    nyamachi likes this.
  12. nyamachi

Reading List:
    Link
    Huhu maybe... especially since you have a cat~ :blobthinkingsmirk:
    Ah! I forgot about chocolate.. hmm needs to reconsider my answer

13. nyamachi

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha.. yes... earlier this year when spring came, the house exploded with fluffs from my roomie's cat. We still can't get some of it out of the carpet - _ -

14. nyamachi

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh!! Toy poodles are so cute~ > o < <3
    Hehe indeed pets = happiness.
    Ah.. :( Sorry about your dad's dog. It sounds like she lived a great life with a loving owner though.
    Huhu right?? I'm thinking of Meow Meow Meow where the FL is pampered for a chunk of the novel.

RRat likes this.
  15. Novela

Novela Immortal Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    I had 7 fish but one day my mom was bad and being ballistic she killed em all with washing liquid \_'3')_/
    I have like 5 fish rn which my dad likes meh...

nyamachi likes this.
  16. nyamachi

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha I'm in the same boat right now. No space. What was your german shepherd's name?

17. nyamachi

Reading List:
    Link
    Aah... RIP fishy... Would you get more fish as a pet or a different animal?

Novela likes this.
  18. nyamachi

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair. Asthma is no joke, especially nowadays. I hear that more independent cats do better if you work long hours. If you travel a lot for work though it might be more difficult.

kuroAnsatsu likes this.
  19. nyamachi

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha sounds like a typical cat~ You have a good heart to keep the strays. Hope they bring joy to your home <3

Damsell in Distress likes this.
  20. nyamachi

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary: throwing the pets away... I can't > . < If you have a female pet, can you take them to the vet to get them spayed?
    Sorry to hear about the food poisoning too :( Was it food from outside?