Petty Coworker?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Mar 25, 2020.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am always polite and nice to my coworkers and bosses. Can’t say nah to that. We spend more time at work than home so of course I need to get along.

I definitely will start recording interactions. I just sometimes suck at social que. Like sometimes people sound very chill about certain things, but I don’t question why they bought it up until later. I guess that’s normal when people don’t expect trouble?

mir and imK like this.
  2. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah brother. It's not about being paranoid, just aware and keeping your back quietly covered.

cap.toon and mir like this.
  3. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @cap.toon
    K is right, it's good to have your back covered. After that happened with the teacher, we started taking pictures of the rooms we had to use before we touched anything, so if someone claimed we'd done something later on, we had proof of what it was like before hand.
    At a different job, when a coworker started implying that I wasn't working as hard as I should be, and basically told me to "get back to work" when she saw me away from my desk when I was taking a minute to do something to calm myself down after a phone conversation with a difficult customer, I started recording what I could keep track of with numbers, so that if I was later accused of slacking, I could have something to refer to besides my faulty/terrible memory.

Zomula, imK and cap.toon like this.