LCD Phoenix Destiny

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I also love that it has a female protag but isn't obsessing over the male lead or dedicating most of the plot to romance. I just hope it stays that way now that she's old enough to actually date someone.

I'm not sure how I feel about the recent changes to her cheat though. I think we'll have to see how it develops first. Honestly though, I think I would have preferred it if it has stayed as a chat room/trading platform.

HavenCustos likes this.
  2. darkclouds

darkclouds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t like it either. It has turned into something completely different. Less mystical and more calculative, reminiscent of a modern AI. It is now a game.

3. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was already purposefully not mystical though. You could see it in the naming scheme and the few terms named here and there....

But it also means that the MC was pissed at it all the more, because she is well aware she is being 'toyed' with, here.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish this series updated regularly. Even if it was only twice a week or something, it would still be better to know when it was coming out rather than constantly worrying that it had been dropped.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, any word on whether or not this has been dropped?

miko_ likes this.
  6. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know either, but i really would like to know... I was initially so excited to have found such a unique female xianxia T^T

I hope it's not dropped!

Ran ahzu and miko_ like this.
  7. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I think it has been dropped. Kinda sad, cause this was one of the very chinese novels with a female protag that I liked.

Ran ahzu, Shadowsan and miko_ like this.
  8. darkclouds

darkclouds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator has said the releases will be erratic for a while. Nobody mentioned dropping it, yet. Hold your horses.

HavenCustos and miko_ like this.
  9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay! New chapter. Hopefully they stick to the new release schedule. Though honestly, I think they should have given themselves more breathing room if things were going bad enough to create a one month gap.

That aside, I think that guy's offer is a trap. I wonder if he'll fall for it.

miko_ likes this.
  10. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, good to know it is back.

It's like definitely a trap! Either he is testing the waters to know what kind of person Shao Zengyang is, or he is just one of those antagonists.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think it was a good idea to let her mount out of her sight. These are definitely the sort of people that would cripple/kill the mount to handicap the owner.

It’s nice to see a xianxia author acknowledging that there’s no logical basis for gender inequality among cultivators.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What is someone that weak even doing on the mountain? I thought you had to be Harmonization realm to participate? Or am I misunderstanding what was said about his cultivation? Either way, he's definitely up to no good.

13. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    He seems like one of those lackeys that Zhou Yinru would use to scout out for her. But I agree, whoever he is, I don't believe he is up to any good until proven otherwise.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if her father will ever grow a conscience and publicly admit and apologize for what he's done to her and her family.

I'm surprised that the hanger on was just a random opportunist. I thought for sure he was there to screw her over. I wonder if he'll try to extend their agreement to the second door.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure how she's going to make it passed this door if they're allowed to gang up on her. Heck, even if they weren't, so long as they all challenge her, they'll wear her out. Though, in that case, she could take pride in denying all of them the right to move on too ;)

Was anyone else thrown by her valley suddenly changing names? Or is Blue Alley supposed to be her faction?

Shadowsan likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how much better than everyone else she'll have to be to get passed the first door. It certainly seems like the sort of thing that could be easily rigged, so there's no reason to think it wouldn't have been.

17. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope it's not rigged and she could actually show part of her skills. Not everything since she still has a few more doors to go through.

Ban Qin seems to be somewhat reasonable. Like he does what his clan tells him to, but it isnt as if he bears absolute animosity towards Mingshu, unlike Fu Mingxi or Zhou Yinru. Maybe he could be swayed by good skills and an honest character but who knows.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Too many names… I have no idea who anyone is...

She should wait a little until everyone is well and truly distracted, then take the advancement challenge herself. The longer she waits, the more likely it is that others will show up to interfere with her, or that their fight will end and someone from their group will actually still have enough energy to care about sabotaging her.

19. jkmessah

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually agree on the many many names.

I am liking the pace of the story so far. Not too fast that we don't get to know ANY other characters, but fast enough we don't get bored of waiting for action.

HavenCustos likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She really should just travel with her friend. The amount of trouble people would be willing to cause around him would be much lower. At the very least, they wouldn't make such blatant murder attempts.