LCD Phoenix Destiny

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C146: “True gold fears no fire." That's a strange idiom. They do realize that true gold has a fairly low melting point, right?

I wonder if any of the seals will repeat. If not, it'll be much harder for her to properly plan her strategies.

C147: I'll be shocked if at least one of her opponents doesn't turn invisible.

I thought she knew formations with illusory effects? Or is she not considering them because she doesn't want to reveal that particular trump card in front of so many people?

C148: I wonder why the TL doesn't release the chapters one at a time. It's what they promised to do after all, and it would definitely help them to gather and retain their audience.

Also, due to the constant gaps in releases, I have no f'ing clue who most of the people in this chapter are :/

"Don’t have a cow!” When did Bart reincarnate into this world...?

There's multiple types of barbarians. I think the only commonality is that none of them are humans.

2. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There were multiple barbarian types? I must have missed/forgotten that, I just remember them all having horns and not being human. The true gold idiom is referring to the melted gold being cleansed of contaminants and becoming more pure/better-it's what happens in forging something-the impurities are removed to make the material the best it can be. I think they're using it as an idiom for a trial for the person to get through and get stronger from.
    Gotta love how people continue to blame her for stuff everyone else is doing rather than what she does. As for the "it was a mistake to show off her skills"-she didn't and she hasn't, she took him down in a safe and consistent manner without revealing her cards. If she used some nuke attack to blow him away then they would have a point but she didn't-she wore him down and beat him in skill without showing any special abilities. Not to mention people would already have a rough idea of what she can do since she's already been fighting a lot.

She may know illusion abilities in a theoretical sense, but not a practical one-like she may know of them and maybe even seen the texts on a few, but not have a chance to use them yet.

Let's hope Alioth star lord doesn't get grabby with Lu Mingshu or try and force her to do anything.

Sort of interesting that she's actually with people that are socially important and not seeking to use her for their own gain and actually are cordial with her. Must be a novel experience for her. And also interesting that they are sort of rigging the flow of the competition by coming to this agreement, though it would have happened anyways since it would be the efficient thing for them to do

JimmyFalcon likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C149: I hope this story doesn't get warped by romance. One of my favorite things about this series is that its the only one I've seen listed here that has a female lead, but isn't a comedy, vicious political drama, or hardcore romance. Sure, it has elements of each, but it's primarily a xianxia/action series.

"Skilled at rune-carving, and can use it to freeze the opponent’s mystic force." I like this justification for what they've seen her do. She should totally take advantage of it if she ever has to explain herself ;)

C151: Why wouldn't her opponent attack her while she was blindfolding herself? Was he that confident that she was doing more harm to herself than good?

I wonder if she'll wind up using that concealed weapon herself, and why it's not a violation of the rules for her to steal his weapon ;)

4. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    I think thankfully we won't have Mingshu get warped into a tagalong rock by romance like so many other female characters end up, she's pretty determined to see things through her way and to not get sidetracked by a possible romance. And I think she's hardened enough emotionally to not let herself get taken advantage of by someone trying to weasel their way into her heart

Let's hope she uses that razor wire or whatever it is to help deal with some people she needs to get rid of. There probably would only be an issue of her stealing the enemy's weapons if they were from a big sect that had a lot of power. Otherwise the organizers wouldn't really care since they'd view them as weak and not worth worrying about

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she could sell the Golden Crystal Extract to the Wheel. Of course, even if the Wheel won't buy it, she could probably sell it on the forum for 25-29 million, assuming that the Wheel's price is a reasonable one. Considering that if she were to actually get a sword made from that stuff, she'd almost certainly be hunted and killed for it, it would be a much better idea to get the points and use them to buy a more level appropriate weapon and several boatloads of resources that would see her well into the Spirit realm.

6. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    I think her plan is to get the sword and then disguise it so people can't tell how good it is. To her the material looks shoddy if somehow concealable, to everyone else it would appear the same since she was the only person even able to see through it at all. I do wonder where that guy got this material, if he found it or if someone gave it to him to use him as an assassin. Let's hope she challenges him again/gets challenged by him again and loots all his materials

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I got the impression from the cliffhanger that that was exactly what she had done. I'm not sure if it'll work though. He may have only had the one made from that material.

As for making the sword while hiding its quality, she'd still need to pay a craftsman more points/resources/money than she could possibly have to make the thing, especially if she didn't want to have worry about them absconding with the materials. It's also hard to say if it could even be disguised well enough to keep the most dangerous vultures at bay.

8. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    What made me think he had more than one was that she speared two of them didn't she? Or at least 2 filaments made from it, or did she deflect it the first time and then nab it the second? I think she has at least a few trustworthy people she knows through the heaven wheel, so they may give her a discount/disguise for the standard/lower price without doing a price gouge. Or its one of those things where she'll get the material now but hold onto it for a while until an opportunity arises, possibly using them as hidden weapons like the guy before her did, or use them as extensions of her regular sword.
    Or maybe it's all wishful thinking-I'm really just hoping she can catch a break here and not get hunted by everyone even more than she already is manipulated and used as a chess piece

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if it was multiple weapons, or the same weapon used multiple times. Given the quality and rarity of the material though, I kinda expect it to be the latter.

The people she knows are at the lower end of the skills spectrum as far as I can remember. She needs someone in the mid-range or higher.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C155: “I don’t know, but she sounds just like you when you’re trying to extort me.” lol.

C157: I wonder if he doesn't know the full story, or if he just doesn't think it's important that her father indirectly murdered her grandfather and mother while slandering her and her entire family and betraying everyone who had ever believed in or supported him.

11. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    hah! I was right, he DOES have more of those concealed weapons! Excellent for Mingshu-more loots for her!
    Gotta love Mingshu getting to play temptress and luring people into her camp so she can extort them for loots!

The line of "She sounds like you when you try to extort me" was pretty entertaining
    I wonder if Mingshu will actually get the technique to freeze mystic force from this guy, or figure out how to do it herself instead of just using a seal for it.

I'm going to give Kou Wei the benefit of the doubt and say he doesn't know the whole story-that he doesn't know Mingshu's father backstabbed her family and has been tolerant of his new family making her life miserable in the nine jade sect the entire time, not to mention her not wanting to go with their plans to get her away from the sect so she's out of their hair while still taking advantage of her.

I hope she's able to get past all this junk and find out who is after her and make them pay

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda sorta get why they delayed releasing the chapters, but I don't get why they didn't just release them one at a time instead of all at once. Then, the drought would have been much shorter, and the release rate much closer to the one that was promised.

“I like her because she’s powerful! Getting her is not that important anyway. It’s just admiration. It’s not like I’m going to woo her or want her to be my partner,” That's... a surprisingly healthy attitude. I never thought I'd see it in a xianxia story.

Arkeus and JimmyFalcon like this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really hard to keep track of all the characters in this series.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope she doesn't beat the last guy. She's totally out of cheat items, so her victory wouldn't really make sense unless the other guy was severely injured in his other fight or something, but it doesn't seem likely that he'd challeand him before her.

philgreek likes this.
  15. philgreek

philgreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I agree she shouldn’t be able to win another match without a deus ex but I still feel it’s likely she’ll take first. Perhaps she injures Wei Chunqiu or at least tires him out so that Kou Wei wins the last match and so she wins overall.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised she lost. Happy, but surprised.

17. Tpst

Tpst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I like how MC won't always win where they shouldn't. Makes the story that much more interesting because you actually feel like the MC has some stakes in their battle rather than knowing that there's going to be some "luck" or "trump card" that pops out of thin air and solves the problem.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it 3 solo fights or 1 3v3 group fight?

19. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    looks like it's a group fight, I like how well they are working together and how they all respect the others strong points, including Mingshu's tactical abilities

20. xiannie

xiannie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

True gold fears no fire is a Chinese idiom which means that someone who is really capable would not fear anything, even fire which can melt it. And there's no constant release as of now because of my packed school schedule and upcoming nationals exam! would do it so after I cleared them. Hope you enjoyed PD -xiannie