Spoiler Phoenix Overlooking the World – Who Dares to Touch My Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by IamMeowChie, Dec 13, 2016.

1. IamMeowChie

IamMeowChie 『Gone to secluded place』 『Master Nef's Pet Kitty』

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone have a spoiler about Phoenix Overlooking the World – Who Dares to Touch My Abandoned Empress?
    I can't fight the frustration that keeps grow in me. please ~

Ran ahzu likes this.
  2. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    I only skipped through the chapter as I read it. The premise of the story was interesting but when I read it I kinda disappointed of the female lead and dislike the male lead....
    Anyway because I didn't read all of it, some spoiler might be wrong but....
    FL & ML felt in love, then the FL got pregnant but the doctor said that the pregnancy was very dangerous to the FL and that if she continued it, she and the baby would die. I think that the doctor lied, but the ML trusted the doctor and forced the FL to abort it. Later, after the abortion procedure was done, the FL got very angry with the ML (that's part of the reason why I thought that the doctor lied), she refused to see him. She want to leave him, so FL forced ML to agree to send her back to her homeland. There, she's solving something in her homeland for a few chapters (where there is no ML). And then she came back with intent to revenge on ML, but after only a few chapters, suddenly all is forgiven.... (I couldn't comprehend why).
    And so, then I found out that the empress dowager and the ML's half sister (who he has incestuous relationship with) was evil and all of FL's bad events were bought by them.
    Then there was some untrue rumour about FL (dunno what), FL claimed that she is innocent but ML do not believe her, he choose to believe his half sister (at this moment FL still didn't know that the half sister is evil, well in the ML defense, neither does he). So the ML confined FL in her palace, where later on the evil half sister come and lied to FL. The evil half sister told FL that she and ML was the mastermind behind this all, and he did this to get rid of the FL. Then proceed to kill FL and the maid and burn down the palace.
    the end

FL woke up and realised that she had been reincarnated as a noble girl in another country (it's the country where its prince liked her). There, she's actually become the fiancee of that prince, the prince recognised her, and they made a deal that they would got married in name only, and the FL would help the prince to ascend the throne....

Meanwhile, the maid woke up in cemetery (the body she's reincarnated to was already dead and buried), and then the maid proceed to the palace. She was denied entry at the beginning, but then she recognised one of the emperor's guard, called him and told him sth that only the maid knew. So the guard brought the maid to the emperor. There, the maid told the ML about the cause of her and FL's death. ML summoned the half sister and asking why, and then punished her as a commoner. The half sister taunted ML that she had told FL a lie, so FL died hating him, so even if the FL reincarnated like the maid, FL would not want to met him.
    Then, after the evil half sister become commoner, it was revealed that she is not the ML's half sister. Her family switched her with the real half sister so that she could seduce the ML and become the empress (WTF).
    Anyway after searching long time for women who suddenly back to life at the time close to FL's death, ML came to the other country, he suspect that the new wife of the prince is FL, but he's not sure, so he brought the maid also. Somehow the maid was completely in ML's side now, because she was moved on how he had been searching for the FL.
    After a short pursue, FL admitted her identity to the maid, but asked the maid to kept it a secret. The maid tried to persuade her but failed. But despite that, the maid gave the ML hint that FL was really her.
    He then proceed to meet with her. At the beginning, she didn't want to admit it, but after he told the FL that everything that happened was because he was duped by the half sister, somehow everything is fine again (DID SHE FORGET THAT HE CHOSE TO BELIEVE THE HALF SISTER OVER HER?!!!). Then she leave the prince (which I think is much better than the ML) to go back together with the ML.
    And then I lost hope of this novel......

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    MatchaGirl, Shizun, Ran ahzu and 2 others like this.
  3. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    ....for real?! D:
    I hope that ML went through some darned harsh trials to justify getting FL back, she deserves nothing less. D:<

MatchaGirl likes this.
  4. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your kidding right??? There is no way the second spoiler happened :O i mean like WHAT!! The first storie where the the female lead is reincarnated and she tells the male lead and it sucks this bad :/ I rather prefer that to happen in stories like Chu wang fei or something similar. But I really hope the second part is not true, and regarding what happens in the first part, the ring with the pregnancy I have no words for that, but the empress dowager is evil?? Wasn't she tr one who wanted to marrie him to her, and she is a empress downer and the female lead a princess from another country, even if they don't like her they still have to keep her alive and well. If she really wants to hurt the female lead then she is one stupid character which is weird considering how well she acts toward the female lead right now (she seems to be one he'll of an actress) but it'll make sense how she and the princess got poisoned, and similar thing happened before.

5. jkmessah

jkmessah WoC, GoR and TGS enthusiast!

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh. I had some hope for this novel, but the emperor kept pissing me off. If both those spoilers are true, then man, I'm glad I dropped it early!
    Did she AND the maid both transmigrate/rebirth? REALLY? Like one person is hard enough to believe, but TWO people at the same time? Xue Wu is nice and all, but like seriously. I thought this was a fun read because there are no supernatural/fantasy elements.
    Wtf happened to the author?
    Eh, maybe I'll check in once in a while.

6. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, the reason why I gave up on this novel is bc there is literally no grovelling at all from the ML....
    He just said his reason and sorry and then all is forgiven...
    And then there is when he forced her to abort, and then she was told that she could not be pregnant anymore...
    And when she was sad, he told her that he didn't regret his decision (bc he choose her over the baby) and he's fine with her never be pregnant. (Great, he'd already have many children form his concubine, so I'm sure he's ok with it. That sentence only has value if he only married to her and has no children....)

No, not kidding, where do you think the word "phoenix" in the title came from......

It's all true, though I read it from google translator, but I got the gist of the story....
    If I don't remember wrong....their country have a tradition of sha mu, where they have to kill the mother of the crown prince.... so the empress dowager planned to have the FL gave birth to a crown prince and gave it to a concubine of her favourite to be raised, unfortunately because of the concubine (or perhaps the half sister? I don't remember) too jealous, they plotted the abortion....

And it probably fine even if she died bc....
    At her homeland, it turned out that the king is not her father, but the king liked her mother, so he had been keeping her imprisoned with the FL and FL's brother as the hostage (I dunno what happened to the real father) anyway, I dunno much about the plot there, bc I skipped the arc of her homeland.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  7. IamMeowChie

Reading List:
    Link
    So this is a
    So this is a BE? ( O[]O)

lazynoodles likes this.
  8. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, it's a HE, after they went back, there are hundreds more chapters (I think it started to involve cultivation, deities, other world, etc...)
    I sneaked peek some of the chapter near the end, seems like they're married with 2 children (I wonder what happened to his concubines and his children back at the palace?)

9. IamMeowChie

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this has a reincarnation tag? OwO?
    and how is the reaction of ML after the evil sis kill the FL?

lazynoodles likes this.
  10. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad, but life goes on....

At first he didn't know that she was murdered, he just know that their cause of death is bc their palace caught fire.
    After the maid revealed it all, his first reaction was disbelief. He wondered what the half sister's motive were for harming the woman he loves. Since he and the half sister were quite close (no kidding, they even had sex, get a clue...)
    Anyway, she blamed him for loving FL. He told her that their relationship was wrong from the very beginning, and she should have known.
    Anyway he wanted to kill her, but felt guity bc of their incest relationship, so he banished her as commoner instead.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    lazynoodles likes this.
  11. IamMeowChie

Reading List:
    Link
    WTH?! that's all just shock? I think this ML is the worst ML I ever see.

MatchaGirl and lazynoodles like this.
  12. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, maybe depressed too?
    He's very mad at the half sister, but also felt guilty toward her bc if I don't remember it wrong, he's the one that started the relationship (he didn't know that she was sent to seduce him).

Edit: I was trying to find the right word yesterday... I just remember it now...
    It's not shock, his reaction was disbelief.

p.s: That's my first reaction too...
    Wait whuT? That's it? She's dead? Is this the last chapter? It's a BE?
    Then I went back to the table of contents and saw there are hundreds chapters more, and continue to read just because curiosity got the better of me, and I want to see the ML grovelling, which obviously didn't happen, and that's why I dropped it halfway.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    MatchaGirl and IamMeowChie like this.
  13. Liri

Liri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanky you for your spoilers, I really appreciate it.

I had such high hopes that this was going to be a great Imperial Harem novel, a little like Mysteries in the Imperial Harem and maybe even better, but after reading your spoilers, it seems that the MC is a total, stupid, douchebag. Guess I will just bury my expectation and let it rest in peace.

MatchaGirl and Ran ahzu like this.
  14. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    Feels like a shitty novel from the spoilers. Should I drop it? Hmm...:coffee:

lazynoodles likes this.
  15. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said before, I read this using google translator, and it was months ago, so some of the spoiler might not be accurate... I might mixed it with another one I've read
    He might be not as bad as my spoilers depicted him to be...

If you like Mysteries in the Imperial Harem, you might like this as well. For me myself, for the entire story in Mysteries in the Imperial Harem, I dislike the male lead, I only came to like him a little in the epilogue.

If you like angst, angst, and more angst, then this is your cup of tea...
    The male lead did regret and felt sorry for all the things he had done, and some bad things he had done was because he was forced to do so.

My problem with this story is just because there is not enough grovelling from the male lead, the female lead seemed to have forgiven him much too easy.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    IamMeowChie and CloudySkySadMoon like this.
  16. IamMeowChie

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot to ask, Does he ever know that the empress dowager is one of the culprit? OwO

17. Liri

Liri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the clarification. I am still a little on my guard, but it does sound relieving to know he is not a 100% douchebag... just maybe a 98%. We will see.

Truthfully, I don't really like the male MC in Mysteries of the Imperial Harem either, but I really liked the story so I guess I just liked him enough to think it's okay. I also think that it could be much worse and for me, much worse means as worse as Chaos of Beauty level of bad ML.

18. Eis

Eis ❄❅Queen of Ice❅❄

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he did, bc after the whole abortion incident and her returning back from her homeland, empress dowager was moved to some place akin to cold palace....
    I skipped the period when she travel to her homeland, so I don't know why the empress dowager was moved, but after FL back, one of empress dowager's people came to her to beg her to help ED bc ED was ill...
    I don't know what happened to ED later in the story, I skipped through the chapters and when I read again, the new empress had already been chosen but ED didn't appear again (maybe she's dead?) ...

I've just reread some chapters and seemed like in the abortion incident, FL was indeed poisoned, the one who informed ML was one of FL aide. So ML tricked FL into swallowing abortion pills (he told her, it was to help her pregnancy).
    And when FL died, the reason why she was imprisoned in the palace was bc the ML saw her and her male aide in bed together.

Anyway, I withdraw my statement earlier about the prince of the other country (the one FL married in name only) being better, he's the same...

The best male character is Bai Yu Xuan, if I was FL, I'd choose him.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    IamMeowChie likes this.
  19. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. I wasn't sure whether to read this novel or not. Now I know what to do. I read novels to feel good, as an escape from reality, not to raise my blood pressure.

20. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    As i kept reading the novel, I noticed its eccentricity, but never would have thought it was this psychotic and nonsensical.
    A poor blend of our favorite themes of weak to strong, revenge, black-belly MC, and reincarnation.

IamMeowChie likes this.