Spoiler Picked Up by the Protagonist of a Suffering!MC

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, May 3, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    (被虐主文主角捡回家)

And my journey through @winter-t 's recomendation list continuous :D (also summons @scriptor and @kiara8 since they are fellow BL fans o/ )

This novel sounds really cuuuute :3 (the mc is a cute bun at first kyaa <3) ...does the mc have his memories of his previous life?(snce he started as a baby and all....if he is all shy while not being able to do anything that would be hillarious :D)...also it seems the ml likes crossdressing??
    it seems the ml is the one that teaches the mc for once...does the mc try to act cute and stuff?

Izn, Hanaru, Aeli and 8 others like this.
  2. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, time to MTL. XD

Edit: Whoops, forgot I actually read through this one. Gimmee sec to answer questions.

Raizendeville and alexfilia like this.
  3. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, MC has memories of his previous life. He transmigrates directly into a newborn baby. I don't think ML crossdresses lol, it's the MC rather from what I understand. MC and ML were pretty much beggars together (age difference of about 10 years I think, so it was ML taking care of tiny bun). At one point they make the acquaintance of this one girl who donates her old clothes because she thinks the baby MC is cute. MC... is forced to wear girl clothes from this point. He sorta never stops lol, even when he and ML go to school. It was just easier to wear girl clothes since that was what he'd been doing for so long anyway.

MC doesn't really act cute, though he certainly looks cute enough lol. ML is a real iceblock and borders on sociopathic to be honest. It's no joke that he's a 'suffering' protag. He's super dissociated from pretty much everyone (though MC reduces this somewhat compared to original!ML) and it's like he's from one of those existentialist novels.

Isekailover00, Izn, Aeli and 20 others like this.
  4. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwww <3 ...do people often mistake the mc for a girl?...does the ML have to stop men coming to steal his *daughter*? :D
    what is their relationship like?...does the ml worry for the mc a lot?(does the mc protect him in secret?) ...since he is an iceblock and an mc am assuming the time at his sect wont be easy (also he propably has a tragic backstory and a reason for being an orphan that would be revealed later lol :D)

5. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    You've summoned me, so here I am. Sorry for the delay.

@scriptor @winter-t 's summary said that the last arc is abusive?

6. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    At the beginning, totally! MC was still young enough at that point that he hadn't gone through puberty yet. No one thought he was a guy then. Afterwards, I think it became easier to tell that MC was a guy. I sorta skimmed through a bunch of the middle chapters ahahaha.

Nope, not really. MC can take care of himself and even then he only had eyes for ML. I don't think anyone goes after MC, though MC certainly gets a bunch of girl friends and is inducted into the sisterhood in a way. XD

Yup. It's sorta brutal depending on how you look at it. In original storyline, ML is betrayed by his lover (a girl) and his friends and the entire world before he self-destructs and takes EVERYONE (entire world) along with him. This world with MC isn't quite as bleak but only because MC is running interference. He's worried about ML and makes plan after plan. But MC still has to betray ML at one point for his own good and ML takes his revenge, though without killing MC. He takes MC and puts him under house arrest, binds him, and assaults him. Though it's consensual only because MC doesn't object and knew this would happen. So that's why the last arc is abusive.

Edit: Forgot to add. Last arc exits out of the abuse cycle after they reach an understanding. So it's not entirely terrible.

7. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope you're enjoying the journey so far~ Feel free to let me know which ones you liked and which you didn't =)

ML doesn't crossdress as a hobby but there is an arc where ML basically forces MC to crossdress with him as 'bride candidates' for this earl who's looking to remarry. The hilarious part is that ML is the one who gets chosen lol~ I mentioned this in my review b/c I found it funny that MC is actually the one who's more against crossdressing even though MC crossdressed a lot more than ML.

In the beginning, MC totally acted cute and stuff towards ML in order to make ML like him and not throw him away. He's an adult acting as an infant, so obviously it's not like his acting was flawless, and ML finding out that MC isn't a 'normal' child and was only acting was the first major conflict between them.

@scriptor already mentioned most of it, but yeah, it's kind of hard to classify b/c ML's actions were all more or less within MC's expectations and part of a necessity to rebuild his and ML's relationship (and to force ML to face his problems). ML has certain emotional issues that needed to be pulled up from the root and addressed, and this was MC's way of helping him do that. Whether MC's methods were the best way, MC willingly sacrificing himself and letting ML vent all his anger on him as a healing process wasn't handled badly and the emotional build up and release was a very satisfying experience, personally at least.

Yukari_me, mmem, Izn and 20 others like this.
  8. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    hehe your rec list is really intresting! (i love rec lists! <3) (i also found another one :D)

How did the ml found out the mc wasnt normal? ...did he ask him about it?....when the mc found out he in his fav novel as a baby how did he reacted?

After the ml lets his anger out on the mc does he regret it afterwards? (does he cry/yell etc..)....how did the mc betray the ml ?

Raizendeville and kiara8 like this.
  9. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh, please do link me! I'm pretty much always looking for rec lists /cough

ML was poisoned and had to drink MC's blood 3 times to heal. MC tried to feed ML his blood while ML's asleep but ML wakes up and realized that a lot MC's actions don't match his age (he's around 6 at this point I think). ML's super paranoid so if he starts to have even the tiniest bit of suspicion, MC knew that he wouldn't be able to continue fooling ML, so he comes clean. ML distances himself from MC and pretty much starts ignoring MC's existence.

MC didn't actually betray ML, and the reveal was basically MC leaving behind a memory stone of what happened that day before disappearing. After ML found out and realized MC never betrayed him, all his anger left and he definitely regretted a lot. He pretty much went crazy and used all his resources to look for MC.

Yukari_me, mmem, Boinkers and 22 others like this.
  10. Matthew9999

Matthew9999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel sounds interesting. I'll have to mtl it once I finish my current novel

Hanaru and alexfilia like this.
  11. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing @winter-t answered most of this, I skimmed through it just because I wanted to know the ending. :p

MC wanted to help ML (very pure lol). He was a faithful fan of the novel and was unhappy that it ended the way it did with ML's utter despair and destruction.

PLEASE SHARE THE REC LIST!!! <3

*cough, rabid fangirl let loose, cough*

Yukari_me, Boinkers, Hanaru and 4 others like this.
  12. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    so how did they ended up together again when he was 6?

Awwww *hugs both the mc and the ml tight <3* ....so when the ml found him did he beg him to come back? (did he try to apoligise?)

the rec list :p (I want more rec lists too if you have *.*)

13. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    MC realizing that he's in love with ML and that ML's original angst ending was also largely b/c of ML's own twisted personality and wanting to help ML heal so that they can be happy together gave me so many feels and was a really big part of why I loved the last arc even though I hate angst.

They've been together since MC's half a year old and left in ML's care. When MC was 7 (or so iirc?) he and ML separated for 3 years and then reunited.

Part of why I love MC and ML's relationship is that they have a implicit understanding of one another and a lot of time, they can understand each other without any words. Also, ML's not one to use words, but rather than actions, and that's how he apologizes.
    ML wasn't actually able to find MC until MC purposely let himself be found, and another big reason for him running away and then coming back was to let ML know that MC isn't staying with ML b/c ML's the only who can take care of him, but rather b/c MC chooses and wants to stay with ML. It was a very emotional and super cute (and very reminiscent of their very first meeting), where MC asks if ML's willing to take care of him, and ML promises that he would, just like he promised MC before. They hug and it's honestly one of the most satisfying endings I've read.

Thank you for the link!

14. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno about the age 6 stuff (I skimmed rather than actually reading through everything in depth ahahaha, didn't like this novel enough).

Ending was super poetic and definitely one of the best parts. There's a time skip as ML uses all his resources and searches. Meanwhile, MC is back at the city where they first lived as beggars in the beginning (now a ruin due to getting nuked in a battle), walking the nonexistent streets and remembering landmarks just by memory. He stops at the trash dump where they huddled for warmth and ate scavenged food, etc. Then he sort of curls up in the snow and thinks a lot about the ML. Meanwhile ML receives his first hint of hope that MC is at the city (following energy trace) and he goes off. As MC is thinking, he hears footsteps and turns around to see the ML.

MC is super cute and holds out his arms like a kitten in a box, telling ML he's cold and hungry and asking if ML is willing to pick him up. And adds he's willing to warm the bed and cook and...

Of course ML picks him up. Big hug and ML says he'll take him. Happy ending~

YASH THE REC LIST~

<3<3<3

15. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyaaa why are they so cute *faints*

So the only adult moment was when the ml had the mc imprisoned?

What kind of tragic backround did the ml had?

Also are there any cute moments between them when they get in the sect? (Like sleeping together / the ml eating vinegar without knowing :D / worrying over things etc..)...it seems that mc likes cooking :D

16. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Their first time was right before MC's 'betrayal' though iirc both times were a fade to black.

The city ML grew up in is one full of criminals so from young, he's only seen the most terrible side of people. His parents barely paid him attention and I don't remember how his dad died, but his mom was a prostitute that was killed by one of her clients. He was 7 I think(?) when he became a homeless orphan and had to live on the streets scavenging the garbage for food (and there's a lot of competition even for garbage), so you can imagine how terrible of a childhood he had.

There aren't sects in this novel from what I remember, but they both attended a famous school for a while, or you might be referring to mercenary guild they joined? There's a lot of cute and short moments scattered throughout, and when they were young, they were pretty much always sleeping together (for warmth).

mmem, TomiNdumplings, Izn and 12 others like this.
  17. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, this rec list... half is in my todo list :ROFLMAO:

Rilise, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  18. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Off-topic, but the one novel that really stuck with me was 'The Big Landlord.' It reads like a cross between Chongfei Manual and Chu Wang Fei except with BL. XD

19. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    @scriptor you really like to tease my poor heart orz *siiiiiigh*

(if i keep bothering people for non tl novels i'll propably take a beating :D:sleep:)

scriptor likes this.
  20. scriptor

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, you'll only get hugs from me. I'm always happy to share the enthusiasm for BL and/or cute het romances. Just tag me if you want a spoiler thread. ^_-

Nokita and alexfilia like this.